PDA

View Full Version : Gotta know who makes these great signature images?

SteelerMurf
03-11-2006, 10:42 AM
I have a trio of the big scoring plays in my signature, but I would love to have it layed on a fancy background, etc. Is there a software program that I can get to do these? I see a lot of great background wallpapers with translucent images, etc.

HOW DO YOU GUYS DO THIS STUFF?

I am pretty computer savy but I have not been exposed to whatever editing software yinz guys use.

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-11-2006, 11:56 AM
look up BB2W he is does great work!

PisnNapalm
03-11-2006, 12:58 PM
I use Paint Shop Pro 8 for virtually all of my grahpics editing.

hmmm.... It was made by Jasc, however when I went to www.jasc.com it was redirected to www.corel.com. Shazbot! Looks like Corel got their hands on it and will likely turn it into crap. I've never cared for Corel products.

Guess I'm gonna have to stick with PSP8.

ArmyMonkey
04-03-2006, 02:59 PM
I have Paint Shop Pro 10 from Corel and to me it isnt all that bad. It seems to be much better than 8 or 9, but since I am still new to the program I really cant go too in depth about the differences.

I have made several Steelers wallpapers, but they arent anything compared to some that I have seen on this board. However, once I become more proficient with the program, I will then be offering my wallpapers to the board as well.

Justin Otstott
04-04-2006, 05:51 PM
I use Photoshop CS to do all my sigs, avy's, websites, CD covers, ect... I been using PS for years!!! Its a great program to use once you get to know how to do everything.

steelerdude
04-06-2006, 12:36 PM
I use macromedia fireworks.

Hines Alou
04-07-2006, 03:04 PM
photoshop is the best program without a doubt for graphics. If you want an easy to use program, that doesnt have as much depth but can get you a decent result, try Paint Shop Pro or Ulead PhotoImpact. I've been doing graphic design for about 6 years now and find that those two programs are great for beginners.

Justin Otstott
04-07-2006, 04:29 PM
yea my new sig banner was made using Photoshop CS

steelersfanmx
04-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Totally agree with those who use Photoshop...i use Photoshop CS for efects like shadow, lights, retouching...and I also use Adobe Illustrator for vectorized images (logos, tipography, lines, etc)

steelerdude
04-10-2006, 09:40 AM
I wish I could afford Photoshop.