PDA

View Full Version : hot rumor: Randy Moss to the Vikes????

Fire Haley
10-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Randy Moss trade rumors true after all

What began as a seemingly erroneous rumor stemming from an unintended Bill Simmons tweet has suddenly turned into potentially the biggest story of the 2010 NFL season.

Simmons tweeted that there are rumors swirling that Randy Moss is going to be traded to the Vikings. He meant to send it as a direct message (DM).

About 30 minutes later, Fox Sport's Jay Glazer tweeted, “hey bill simmons @sportsguy33, damn you! Hahaha. I've been sitting on it allllll day. Was hoping to come outta left field and then u let slip. Classic! Good job”

Glazer also tweeted, “Yes, vikes and pats have been working on trade that sends randy moss to vikes and r very clode but can't be done until vikes and moss work out new contract, (which) they r working on.”

Pro Football Talk is reporting that Moss and the Vikings have not yet started negotiating a deal.

Moss is in the final year of his contract and does not expect to return to New England in 2011. Monday night, he was targeted only once and was held without a catch in the Patriots’ win over the Dolphins.

Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald reports that Moss’ agent, Joel Segal, called Bill Belichick and requested a trade after Week 1.

http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/25055086

-------------------

I have this bad feeling that the Patriots will end up with three No.1 draft picks somehow.

Lord Favre can watch Moss dog it when they lose.

Fire Haley
10-05-2010, 08:48 PM
that said

I'd take Moss and Burress as a WR tandem.

Make it so.

yea verily

MasterOfPuppets
10-05-2010, 08:51 PM
then they'll turn those three first round picks into 5 second round round picks and 6 third round picks.

SteelCityMom
10-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Wow...certainly didn't expect that. Will be interesting to see who they get in return.

Atlanta Dan
10-05-2010, 09:07 PM
So the Vikings burn their top draft picks to add 13 year vet Moss (who will quit playing once he gets his last contract) to old man Favre and then are terrible in about 2 years?

Sounds like a great idea if your master plan as the Vikings ownership is to kill fan enthusiasm, assure you do not get a new stadium, and then move to LA because Minny-St. Paul will not support the Vikings

lionslicer
10-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Well if they do it soon, possibly could bring life to the Vikings offense

Merchant
10-05-2010, 11:41 PM
then they'll turn those three first round picks into 5 second round round picks and 6 third round picks.

:rofl:

SoCalFan
10-06-2010, 02:09 AM
the Vikes are looking to win NOW. Moss will make them better NOW.Next few years they will be rebuilding.

lionslicer
10-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Moss is Officially traded to the Vikings for a 3rd round pick...... Thats it, just a 3rd round pick.

Vikings play the Patriots October 31st So hopefully he gets like 5 touchdowns and make Tom Brady cry.

Atlanta Dan
10-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Moss is Officially traded to the Vikings for a 3rd round pick...... Thats it, just a 3rd round pick..

Vikings did not even need to sign him up for a long term contract

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/10/05/moss.trade/index.html#?eref=sihp

Belichick must have really wanted him out of there

Fire Haley
10-06-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm just happy to see the Pats lose another key player, makes our game a litle easier.

lionslicer
10-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Vikings did not even need to sign him up for a long term contract

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/10/05/moss.trade/index.html#?eref=sihp

Belichick must have really wanted him out of there

From what I read in a couple different places, Belichick is probably thinking into the future, Moss really isn't contributing to the offense right now, which has become more of a run n gun style offense with short passing which Welker excells in.
Moss only has like 9 receptions and 139 yards this season and his longest reception is only 35 yards.

Fire Haley
10-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Moss has 50 TD's in 52 games with the Pats.

They are idiots for trading him for a 3rd rd pick.

Stanley
10-06-2010, 08:34 PM
The Patriots made the smart move.
They got rid of a chronic trouble maker and picked up a 3rd round draft pick.
:chuckle:

lionslicer
10-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Moss has 50 TD's in 52 games with the Pats.

They are idiots for trading him for a 3rd rd pick.

In the last year they've aquired 8 picks in the first 4 rounds of the draft. 3rd round picks are where the good sleepers are at. Remember this is the team that drafted a hall of fame quarterback int he 6th round.
Mike Wallace was a 3rd round pick, so was Ward.

Moss was in his last year of his contract, he was also asking for a $10 million dollar a year contract. he also requested the trade because he didn't feel wanted. Moss was not working up to his full potential in the last 4 games due to him not getting the new contract so that probably gave the Patriots more reason to trade him

Fire Haley
10-06-2010, 10:56 PM
**** the Belicheater. I hope they end up 6-10

Shea
10-06-2010, 11:21 PM
I really hope this comes back to bite Belichick in the ass.

Is dumping Moss to preserve your ego worthy of sacrificing this year?

He just changed the whole dynamic of his offense, with a struggling D, for a 3rd round pick??

I don't get it.

Shea
10-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Vikes at Jets this Monday night too.

I wonder if Revis will play?

Should make for an interesting game either way.

Fire Haley
10-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Revis will pop his hammy again trying to cover Moss, you watch.

tony hipchest
10-07-2010, 04:27 PM
revis is a holdout slouch. he deserves any hammys he gets.