PDA

View Full Version : How possible Moss trade would affect Steelers

SteelKnight
10-05-2010, 09:22 PM
If Moss is indeed traded to the Vikings, I think it guarantees us to be in the Superbowl.

Yes, I know many will say we can beat the Patriots even with Moss...true but with him they are never out. He could catch 2 TD and bring them back.

Without Moss, I think we own them. Double Welker and Hernandez and game over.

This is awesome news if it happens. I'm so excited. I'm happy for the Vikings too. They will be formidable with Moss, Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin and Adrian Peterson. We might see them in the Superbowl if they can make the playoffs. They have a tough 4 game stretch coming up so they better get him soon.

Revis would get another chance at the Slouch next Monday. lol

:tt04:

Atlanta Dan
10-05-2010, 09:32 PM
If Moss is indeed traded to the Vikings, I think it guarantees us to be in the Superbowl.

Yes, I know many will say we can beat the Patriots even with Moss...true but with him they are never out. He could catch 2 TD and bring them back.. lol

I was unaware the Jets and Ravens will not be in the playoffs this year and that only the Steelers and Pats will qualify in the AFC - thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

MattsMe
10-05-2010, 09:36 PM
I was unaware the Jets and Ravens will not be in the playoffs this year and that only the Steelers and Pats will qualify in the AFC - thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

I didn't get the memo either. I should really update my twitter account.

SteelKnight
10-05-2010, 09:42 PM

Jets and Ravens don't make me nervous. I think Sanchez will find a way to choke and I think we are a better team than the Ravens. The Jets pass D is ranked 22nd now.

The Patriots always make me a bit nervous. I've gone over Brady's record against the Steelers before. With Moss, Welker and our pass D, we would be very vulnerable.

I like competition. Without any, it would be boring but this increases our odds...big time.

fer522
10-05-2010, 09:46 PM
I was unaware the Jets and Ravens will not be in the playoffs this year and that only the Steelers and Pats will qualify in the AFC - thanks for sharing

just so you know the jets and the ravens suck

StainlessStill
10-05-2010, 09:50 PM
We'd crush and man-handle New England right now WITH or WITHOUT Randy Moss. The Steelers always played well against Moss and a guy like T.O. Big guys who do nothing but stretch the field and are afraid of contact.

The Pats are beatable this year and isn't that threat-ful than they once were some years ago, but they still are a good team and Brady and the offense can still scorch defense's. Losing Moss knocks them down a peg that much more as a team and drastically changes how team will approach N.E and possibly Brady, who's looked okay thus far. Also, Welker benefited from Moss taking the linebackers and safeties with him so Welker with his knee not 100%, could get more balls, but take an even MORE beating in the process and teams could certainly adjust their defense around him without any major threat deep without Moss.

This obviously helps out teams like us, the Chargers, Ravens, Colts, Jets, or even the Texans going for broke in the AFC.

SteelKnight
10-05-2010, 10:11 PM
We'd crush and man-handle New England right now WITH or WITHOUT Randy Moss. The Steelers always played well against Moss and a guy like T.O. Big guys who do nothing but stretch the field and are afraid of contact.

We will be ready for anybody but it's no denying that a Moss-less Pats team sure does knock that team down a peg, which is obviously good news for teams like us, the Jets, Indy, SD, and Balty.

I thought we had a 50/50 chance to beat NE with Moss. I don't know about "Man-Handle". We have a pretty miserable record against Brady. I have documented it before so don't make me bring it out. Give him credit. He seems to understand Lebeau's defense.

Moss is such a special player that if I were the Rooneys, I'd look into offering our 2nd round pick (32nd pick in round 2 is like an early third) for Moss and sign him to a 2 year deal. That would be 2 guaranteed Superbowls. Moss, Wallace and Ward, 3 WR sets...maybe even Miller could step up and play like a winner. Ben would love it.
Imagine Revis, he woul be stuck covering Moss leaving Wallace to Cromartie. KC...consider it...2 guaranteed Superbowls. he would probably step up his play against the Pats too.

If he goes to Minn, great. I was nervous the Ravens were going to acquire him next year to go with Bouldin and Housh.

Atlanta Dan
10-05-2010, 10:18 PM
just so you know the jets and the ravens suck

This is true - it is also true the Jets and Ravens are 2 of the 3 best teams at this time (along with the Steelers) in the AFC - on a neutral field all three would be favored over New England with Moss

StainlessStill
10-05-2010, 10:23 PM
I thought we had a 50/50 chance to beat NE with Moss. I don't know about "Man-Handle". We have a pretty miserable record against Brady. I have documented it before so don't make me bring it out. Give him credit. He seems to understand Lebeau's defense.

Moss is such a special player that if I were the Rooneys, I'd look into offering our 2nd round pick (32nd pick in round 2 is like an early third) for Moss and sign him to a 2 year deal. That would be 2 guaranteed Superbowls. Moss, Wallace and Ward, 3 WR sets...maybe even Miller could step up and play like a winner. Ben would love it.
Imagine Revis, he woul be stuck covering Moss leaving Wallace to Cromartie. KC...consider it...2 guaranteed Superbowls. he would probably step up his play against the Pats too.

If he goes to Minn, great. I was nervous the Ravens were going to acquire him next year to go with Bouldin and Housh.

I'm not coming down on Tom Brady. I'm coming down on how the window of opportunity is closing for the Patriot's presence of domination in this era.

Sure Brady has had major success against us. You don't have to bring out any document to any Steelers fan about Tom Brady and how he runs that Patriots offense. In fact, it was the Patriots in 2002 that set the tone on how TO beat the Steelers overall 3-4 personal. He uses the dink and dunk to perfection and the underneath and intermediate routes that set up the long ball fits perfectly in the N.E system to beat the Steelers.

With that said, New England is a MAJOR shell of there former selves and things change year to year and the Pats are no exception. I believe the Steelers matchup well against a New England team, who has a very young defense with major holes with no identity, something that puts much more pressure on Brady and that offense than EVER before.

roopdawg
10-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Living in the heart of Massachusetts, I am watching the local Sportsnet channel and am loving all this Moss talk. May he go to the Vikings!!!

Although the possible draft picks for the Pats(Seymour, Moss, etc.) has got me a bit concerned going forth. Welcome back Big Ben!!!

StainlessStill
10-05-2010, 10:31 PM
BEN ROETHLISBERGER!

Had to say it.....

wootawnee
10-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Then it would be possible to face Moss in the superbowl.......(vke trde)

Merchant
10-05-2010, 11:34 PM
...Is this a serious thread?

MattsMe
10-05-2010, 11:50 PM
In fact, it was the Patriots cameramen in 2002 that set the tone on how TO beat the Steelers overall 3-4 personal.

There. Fixed it.

Shea
10-05-2010, 11:53 PM
I missed something somewhere? :huh:

Didn't know the Pats were shopping Moss.

Shea
10-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Nevermind, just saw the thread on this.

SteelKnight
10-06-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm not coming down on Tom Brady. I'm coming down on how the window of opportunity is closing for the Patriot's presence of domination in this era.

Sure Brady has had major success against us. You don't have to bring out any document to any Steelers fan about Tom Brady and how he runs that Patriots offense. In fact, it was the Patriots in 2002 that set the tone on how TO beat the Steelers overall 3-4 personal. He uses the dink and dunk to perfection and the underneath and intermediate routes that set up the long ball fits perfectly in the N.E system to beat the Steelers.

With that said, New England is a MAJOR shell of there former selves and things change year to year and the Pats are no exception. I believe the Steelers matchup well against a New England team, who has a very young defense with major holes with no identity, something that puts much more pressure on Brady and that offense than EVER before.

i like how we match up now. before I was nervous. We have a lose zone pass D that depends on the rushers applying pressure. There are tons of holes and Brady uses Welker and both TEs and then when you cover the rinky dink stuff, they rip your heart out with Moss. Now maybe we will be able to put tighter coverage on Welker and the 2 TEs. I think we should use a nickel and just leave Gay man-Man on Welker with additional help whenever welker enters a zone. Just a special exception with tight man coverage on Welker. No way in hell should we stand 10-15 yards away from Welker.

Patriots are stupid. Now Revis can stay on Welker and Cromartie on Hernandez. Jets are foaming at the mouth...except they don't want the deal to go through before Monday (when they play the Vikings).

SteelKnight
10-06-2010, 12:54 AM
...Is this a serious thread?

Yes...why not?

I missed something somewhere? :huh:

Didn't know the Pats were shopping Moss.

Yup Yup...just hoping it happens before the Pats wisen up. Maybe he threatened to go to the Jets after the season and they want to make sure he doesn't. I seriously envisioned the Ravens. They take chances like that. We don't.

Then it would be possible to face Moss in the superbowl.......(vke trde)

It's OK. We'll see him there. I know we can force Bret Farve to make mistakes.

Superbowl here we come. This is the same feeling I had when they announced Brady was out for the season. I guess this Ben redemption Superbowl story is just a story god wants to tell. :tt02:

SoCalFan
10-06-2010, 01:56 AM
I want to face and beat everyone FULL STRENGTH that way idiots cant say what if...

NYC_Steeler
10-06-2010, 02:08 AM
Don't know who the Pats will get in return - doesn't matter, we will crush them with or without Moss - as long as we cover Welker across the middle. As for the Vikes, we will crush them with or without Moss as well. Blitz Favre and keep the blitz on all day and he's toast.

SteelKnight
10-06-2010, 04:54 AM
I want to face and beat everyone FULL STRENGTH that way idiots cant say what if...

That will be their new full strength...lol I'm cool with it. I did not feel bad that the Ravens did not have Reed just like they didn't feel bad that we didn't have Ben.

Don't know who the Pats will get in return - doesn't matter, we will crush them with or without Moss - as long as we cover Welker across the middle. As for the Vikes, we will crush them with or without Moss as well. Blitz Favre and keep the blitz on all day and he's toast.

Big talker eh...lol Without gives us a bettter chance. It takes the edge off. They have used 2 or more TE 64% of the time so our zone holes would be very vulnerable to these passes. I really feel we should make an exception and give Welker his own CB man on man. I don't want him running throug our zones looking for openings. Modified zone blitz with Welker shadow. Look out for Hernandez. He's exciting. I wish he was our #2 TE.

pancake
10-06-2010, 05:09 AM

The idiots will always find something. (but our team has scored more point since 2005)

I think the Pats are above average at best.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-06-2010, 09:31 AM
COOLLLLLLLL, it guarranttees us in the SB? Call the NFL we can just fast forward to Dallas.

I think we still have other games against teams not named the Pats don''t? Or were we playing the Pats for the 15 games?

SteelKnight
10-06-2010, 12:14 PM
COOLLLLLLLL, it guarranttees us in the SB? Call the NFL we can just fast forward to Dallas.

I think we still have other games against teams not named the Pats don''t? Or were we playing the Pats for the 15 games?

Pats with Brady our Nemesis...

Steeler fans have too much pride to admit it but I have documented Brady's record against us. He understands Lebeau's defense and is not intimidated. Without moss, this takes away a potential 2 deep TDs for the games.

I do want some competition so I'm glad it is not a situation where the experts say there is no way we should not be in the SB but I'll be happy to see Moss leave.

I figured our Steeler fans would have too much pride to admit that Moss leaving would help us. We tend not to be fair in assessing other teams talent. These same fans would say Ray Lewis makes no difference in Baltimore even though it is clear he is their leader and motivates them. They've said he never makes a difference and only gets tackles because he comes in at the end and touches guys and their coaches cheat and assign him tackles...OK. When I watch, I see Ray making a difference and we would have an easier time against the Ravens if he wasn't there. Do I expect Steeler fans to admit this? Nope...It's all good. It doesn't mean someone is afraid but just giving appropriate credit and assigning odds.

Some fans said Housh would make no difference when I brought up the signing...oops...I guess he made a difference Sunday. We are never fair...it is ridiculous. It's some kind of false pride.

As far as playing the Pats in the playoffs, it would be more special to me if we could play and beat them in the Playoffs. In 2005, someone beat them for us. In 2008, brady was injured so we never had to face them. It is just one of those things like the Red Sox beating the Yankees on the way to the World Series or not having to play them. It is more special to knock them down. I'd rather face them (if we can win) but not until the Championship.

SteelKnight
10-06-2010, 12:35 PM
It's a done deal. Moss to Vikes for a 3rd rounder. We should have given up a 3rd rounder for him. Oh well it makes us better (puts us in a better position to win it all).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b1a1a9/article/vikings-reacquire-wr-moss-in-deal-with-patriots?module=HP_headlines

Next Weeks MNF game will be good.

Fire Arians
10-06-2010, 01:46 PM
It's a done deal. Moss to Vikes for a 3rd rounder. We should have given up a 3rd rounder for him. Oh well it makes us better (puts us in a better position to win it all).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b1a1a9/article/vikings-reacquire-wr-moss-in-deal-with-patriots?module=HP_headlines

Next Weeks MNF game will be good.

stupid career move by moss, what better way to inflate your stats than play for the #1 quarterback in the league? Brett Favre is in his last year, but hey, that's his choice. I won't complain, this makes it easier for us to reach the SB :P

stb_steeler
10-06-2010, 02:53 PM
I dont think the Pats loosing Moss would have anything to do with us reaching the SB. If anything it will be determined by the Steelers themselves. I dont know how you can figure on one guy. We have other teams to get through as well.

lionslicer
10-06-2010, 02:56 PM
This would help the Steelers vs Pats game later inthe season since it seems Steeler cornerbacks can't cover the deep ball, but thats really it, Welker is still the best possesion receiver in the league, but if the Steelers are forced to double team him instead of Moss, it makes it a tad easier.

stb_steeler
10-06-2010, 03:01 PM
I'd be more worried about Welker than Moss, Theres a reason Pats left Moss go. They rely on Welker alot for those stupid little slants that seem to bite teams like the Steelers in the azz from playing off to far. I see the Pats picked up Moorehead,another Welker type player.

lionslicer
10-06-2010, 03:07 PM
I'd be more worried about Welker than Moss, Theres a reason Pats left Moss go. They rely on Welker alot for those stupid little slants that seem to bite teams like the Steelers in the azz from playing off to far. I see the Pats picked up Moorehead,another Welker type player.

Yes because the Pats offense is becoming more of a short passing game instead of the spread offense they usually play.
Welker can kill a team deep and short, the only way to cover him is to bump him at the line and have a linebacker or saftey help cover him. Moss was always double teamed which allowed Welker to catch 123 passes last year in like 13 games. The zone type coverage the Steelers play is very good at defending the short passing game if its in the middle of the field, but if its on the outside, it will give up some yards, but I don't think the Steelers will totally bomb against the Pats.

stb_steeler
10-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Yes because the Pats offense is becoming more of a short passing game instead of the spread offense they usually play.
Welker can kill a team deep and short, the only way to cover him is to bump him at the line and have a linebacker or saftey help cover him. Moss was always double teamed which allowed Welker to catch 123 passes last year in like 13 games. The zone type coverage the Steelers play is very good at defending the short passing game if its in the middle of the field, but if its on the outside, it will give up some yards, but I don't think the Steelers will totally bomb against the Pats.

I dont think the Steelers will bomb against the Pats, in fact i think with their OL, Brady wont have much time to do much, thus resulting in those slants.

SteelKnight
10-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Now the talk is about Vincent Jackson to the Patriots (all just speculation...no real leads). That makes more sense now. Patriots got a 3 for Moss. SD wanted a 2 and a 3 for VJ. maybe the patriots were willing to give up a 2 so now they will give up one fotheir 2s and Minnesota's 3 to get VJ. Tey get a younger player who is still tall, fast and Pro Bowl caliber. Belichick is no fool. He must be up to something.

Still. I'd rather have us covering VJ than Moss.

stb_steeler
10-06-2010, 03:23 PM
I thought the Pats were going for draft picks for Moss?. Guess maybe the game plan has changed for Billacheat.

steeltheone
10-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Any mention of the Super Bowl in week 5 is just stupid talk. Way to much is yet to unravel.

SteelKnight
10-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Any mention of the Super Bowl in week 5 is just stupid talk. Way to much is yet to unravel.

Any mention of "stupid talk" when fans are evaluating changes and getting pumped is melodramatic. lol :sofunny:

Superbowl is always the goal...get used to it.

Superbowl here we come. It just got easier.