View Full Version : Hoke, Essex hoping to return for game against Browns

mesaSteeler
10-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Hoke, Essex hoping to return for game against Browns
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_702857.html#
By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Nose tackle Chris Hoke and right guard Trai Essex are targeting Oct. 17 as their return date. Essex hasn't played since the second game of the season because of a high ankle sprain. Hoke is recovering from a sprained knee and didn't play this past Sunday. They will benefit from the bye. "I should be ready," Hoke said of the Steelers' Oct. 17 game against the Browns. "You like to have bye weeks later in the year. For me, it's come at a good time." Essex, who is planning on practicing next week, agreed. "The bye came at a perfect time if I was going to be hurt," Essex said. "I'm actually recovering faster than I thought." Doug Legursky has started the last two games at right guard and has been lauded by the coaches for his play. When asked if he will have to win his job back from Legursky, Essex said, "I'm going to come in as if I'm starting (again). I'd like to think you don't lose your starting job to injury."

Running back Isaac Redman caught up with Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco, an old rival, after the Steelers' 17-14 loss to the Ravens on Sunday. The two are from southern New Jersey and their respective high schools are in the same conference. Redman played for Paulsboro, a perennial powerhouse, while Flacco played for Audubon. They graduated in 2003. "We talked a little bit after the game," Redman said. "He said, 'Man, I finally beat you. It took awhile.' "

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

NYC_Steeler
10-06-2010, 01:28 AM
It's good that they're back - but they can sit on the bench and enter the game for spells to give the starters a rest. Team is playing well, esp without Essex. Bronco Legursky is a beast!

pancake
10-06-2010, 03:24 AM
Has anyone seen any grades on Legursky during the Raven game? I like to know if he played well?

DoctorCAD
10-06-2010, 07:21 AM
I think Ben needs to do a Tonya Harding on both of their knees.

O line has been markedly better with those 2 on the bench.

Tone's Toes
10-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Missed Hoke. Didn't miss Essucks. There's a warm spot on the bench for both. Hopefully Essucks never has to leave it.