PDA

View Full Version : Why the Refs cost us the win...

Stu Pidasso
10-06-2010, 02:36 AM
Now hear me out: I'm not the kind of guy to blame the refs when we lose, I know penalties and stupid stuff on our part killed us. BUT

We're up 14-10 late. 1:08 left in the game, we punt. Keyaron Fox gets called for holding. HE'S IN THE END ZONE. Guess what that is? You guessed it, a safety. Refs just tack on 10 yards to the end of the punt, and give the Rats great field position to go for the win. Now if they would have called it a safety, we'd be up 14-12, and have to free kick. Sepulveda would be punting from the 20, and would have boomed one to Aliquippa, and the defense wouldn't be on their heels.

What say yinz? Am I wrong?

MasterOfPuppets
10-06-2010, 02:54 AM
was the hold before or after the ball was punted ?

anyway , if they couldn't stop them from getting in the endzone , they sure weren't going to stop them from getting into field goal range.

pancake
10-06-2010, 03:18 AM
The Ratbirds made plays at the end of the game and Steelers didn't... That is why they won.

Stu Pidasso
10-06-2010, 03:24 AM
Looks like the hold was before the kick.

desertsteel
10-06-2010, 06:34 AM
The Ratbirds made plays at the end of the game and Steelers didn't... That is why they won.

^^^^^ This

/thread

Steelers>NFL
10-06-2010, 06:51 AM
If you ask lots of non-Steeler fans, refs give games to the Steelers alot.
So even if it was the case, keep quiet about it.

zulater
10-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Actually I think the refs might have given the wrong number for the player who commited the penalty. That's what slvester thinks anyway, and generally players know when they've been caught in the act. Anyway my guess is that a player downfield or at least post posssesion commited the foul, and it was just called on the wrong number.

If the infraction had occured prior to the punt being kicked I'm fairly certain that it would have been a safety, I'm equally certain the refs are aware of that, in fact if you rewatch the game you see Harbaugh discussing the matter with the refs prior to the ball being spotted, so I'm sure the infraction occured after Sepulveda's kick. I'm just not sure what player actually commited the penatly.

zulater
10-06-2010, 07:03 AM
If you ask lots of non-Steeler fans, refs give games to the Steelers alot.
So even if it was the case, keep quiet about it.

Why should he or anyone else be asked to keep quite on their opinion? This is a discussion board after all, he's jsut stating his opinion. Feel free to disagree and state your case why. But don't try to stifle someone else's opinion.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-06-2010, 08:29 AM
All I asked was Oher to be called for some false starts on afew of the 25 false starts he committed. nothing more nothing less.

Other than that we didnt deliver on defense in the clutch, poor play calling, poor execution plain and simple. We let a qb that chokes under pressure look like a hero.

Steelers>NFL
10-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Why should he or anyone else be asked to keep quite on their opinion? This is a discussion board after all, he's jsut stating his opinion. Feel free to disagree and state your case why. But don't try to stifle someone else's opinion.

Dude, I was being sarcastic! I am not one to slam other people's opinions. Or call them names. That is not my style.

SacknificentStew56
10-06-2010, 09:52 AM
I can't speak for everyone else but I know that although I still have a sour taste in my mouth from the loss to the Crows, I just want to look forward to the bye week by reading steelers news, any videos of the team, and posting here about valid topics which gain my attention.

SoCalFan
10-06-2010, 09:56 AM
The only way the refs MAY have cost us the game is the NON calls on Oher for jumping off sides several times!!!

zulater
10-06-2010, 10:02 AM
The only way the refs MAY have cost us the game is the NON calls on Oher for jumping off sides several times!!!

Anyone besides me see Flacco as having got away with intentional grounding on the play that preceeded the fg at the end of the first half? Flacco's in the tackle box, is getting late pressure from Keisel, and tosses it 20 yards over the nearest receivers head. It wasn't an overthrow, it's pretty clear he was just getting rid of the ball.

Anyway if it's called you move back their kicker 6-7 yards, and he's pretty awful kicking from further than 35 yards out.

Not using it as an excuse, but it's a debatable play and I'm simply asking if others saw that particuliar call( or non call) the same as I did?

SteelCityMom
10-06-2010, 12:37 PM
I look at it this way...there's a very good chance that both teams got away with some shit. The refs don't see everything. I don't like trying to look at missed calls or blown calls as the reason they (or any other team) lost. The Steelers missed a lot of good opportunities to put the game away and didn't take them. Can't rely on the refs to win the game for you, and can't rely on them to not lose the game for you, so all this speculation is pointless in my mind.

Were there a few missed calls? Yes, most likely there were. Are those missed calls the reason they lost? Nope, not at all.

SteelMember
10-06-2010, 12:44 PM
no. no. no.

the refs are why we win.

haven't you guys learned that yet.

geez. just ask any non-steelers fan and they'll tell ya... start in seattle.

SteelersNation
10-06-2010, 03:03 PM
I am so sick of these 'excuse threads'

we get lotsa calls going our way, other teams do to. its just life. we lost, plain and simple, get over it

Lord of Lombardi
10-06-2010, 07:51 PM
That might be the dumbest thread ever started. The Ravens did not have Jeff Reed to kick the field goal so they would've definitely nailed it.

Unless we loan them Jeff Reed and then we win. Ha ha

We lost the game because: The O could not get one first down, the D could not hold them one last time, we committed 12 penalties (3 by the O when we were on the goal line) Wake up willie