PDA

View Full Version : saints are hot for drew brees

tony hipchest
03-11-2006, 02:08 PM
sirius radio has been talking about the potential of this deal for the past 2 days. this could really change the f.a. outlook and especially the draft for about 5-7 teams. its been assumed that the saints would just draft leinart. if they bring in brees their best bet would be to trade out of the position and get a deal like the chargers did for eli.

shake ups like this potentially make this time of year really exciting as opposed to talking about collective bargaining negotiation breakdowns.

Livinginthe past
03-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Yeah - and now I hear Culpepper is on his way to Miami...will this still make them the certainty for the AFC East they were when Bress was on his way there? :cool:

Looks like things are starting to hot up in FA.

NM

MichiSteeler
03-11-2006, 03:46 PM
To answer your question livinginthe past, yes :cool: . The pats r declining with the player they owe their 3 super bowls too(yes i said it... vinaterie basically won them all those games) being a free agent, if i remember correctly their receivers r both free agents. Their defense has never been the same since 04 and is only getting worse without willy m. Culpepper in Miami sounds like a pretty good fit, that will be interesting to see though. They could be pretty dangerous with pep, chambers and brown.

tony hipchest
03-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Yeah - and now I hear Culpepper is on his way to Miami...will this still make them the certainty for the AFC East they were when Bress was on his way there? :cool:

Looks like things are starting to hot up in FA.

NM

i heard the raiders were balking at giving up a 2nd round pick (it is a high 2nd rounder)

miami has already proven they will give up a 2nd rounder for jay feeley and they will still have frerotte until daunta heals. trent green has had a nice career after his knee injury. if pep goes to miami he could be there for years to come. good thing it wasnt his arm that was hurt cause in the long run i think culpepper will be better than brees.

WWIIOwheelz
03-11-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm sure Drew Brees will be excited about going to New Orleans, huh?

Sheesh, talk about an unfortunate time to not be able to work something out with your employer.

He leaves LaDainian Tomlinson, one of the (if not THE) best TEs in the league and a formula that's close in the AFC West.

Marty Schott went to school at Ft Cherry HS, and I think about him every time I play golf next to the high school when the team is practicing. It really is a shame what he allowed to happen to the Bolts down the stretch. They worried me all year. The Monday Night Game with them I honestly thought might be a precursor of the AFC Championship game.

I'm glad it wasn't, to be honest. They had a scary amount of talent.

Suitanim
03-11-2006, 05:25 PM
And NO losing their best offensive lineman is not going to sweeten the deal at all for Brees.

CantStop85
03-11-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm sure Drew Brees will be excited about going to New Orleans, huh?

Apparently he's not too upset about going to New Orleans...I mean this isn't the draft, he does have a choice of who he would like to sign with.

WWIIOwheelz
03-11-2006, 06:48 PM
He'll learn soon enough. The threat of his running game in SD would be enough for any decent QB worth his salt to succeed. Tomlinson? Then, aside from his wide receivers, he has a tight end who puts up damned good WR numbers? Gates is incredible.

He will have very, VERY significantly less to work with in New Orleans. Subjecting himself to that is another way of saying "I've established my peak value, and I'm milking my free agency for all it's worth."

It's a shame, really. I've wanted Marty to do well there.

boLT fan
03-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Actually, if Rivers does completely fail at being our QB this year, I would LOVE nothing more than to see the Saints win the SB next year with Brees. I would laugh for days at how stupid Aj Smith is. Then maybe cry a little. :dang:

Livinginthe past
03-11-2006, 11:28 PM
To answer your question livinginthe past, yes :cool: . The pats r declining with the player they owe their 3 super bowls too(yes i said it... vinaterie basically won them all those games) being a free agent, if i remember correctly their receivers r both free agents. Their defense has never been the same since 04 and is only getting worse without willy m. Culpepper in Miami sounds like a pretty good fit, that will be interesting to see though. They could be pretty dangerous with pep, chambers and brown.

Thats interesting analysis for sure.

Every team has injuries, its just the Patriots have more than most - if you look at the period towards the end of last year, playoffs included, the D were back to being one of the most imposing units in the league.

The game against Denver was another strong showing - basically we stopped the Bronco running game in its tracks - the problem being that our Offense kept on giving theirs great field position.

You'd think that you would be able to spell Vinatieri's name correctly - since he won 3 SB's all by himself - after all, he is the only player to ever play all the positions on a football team......at the same time.

Culpepper would be a nice match for Miami - im guessing you would prefer to have the Dolphins coming to Pittsburgh in the playoffs - its no fun getting beat with HFA everytime by the same team is it? :sofunny:

NM

Stlrs4Life
03-12-2006, 10:43 AM
I think Brees should visit each team that calls him, he can be a very rich man. (Richer than he is now of course!)

Livinginthe past
03-12-2006, 12:44 PM
i heard the raiders were balking at giving up a 2nd round pick (it is a high 2nd rounder)

miami has already proven they will give up a 2nd rounder for jay feeley and they will still have frerotte until daunta heals. trent green has had a nice career after his knee injury. if pep goes to miami he could be there for years to come. good thing it wasnt his arm that was hurt cause in the long run i think culpepper will be better than brees.

That deal for Jay Feely looks crazier as each day passes.

These days you cant even get a 3rd rounder for proven superstar vet RB's - yet Miami spent a 2nd rounder on a never-was never-will-be QB.

I have to think that kind of 'business' deal will be a thing of the past now that Saban is the HC.

NM

RoethlisBURGHer
03-12-2006, 12:46 PM
That deal for Jay Feely looks crazier as each day passes.

These days you cant even get a 3rd rounder for proven superstar vet RB's - yet Miami spent a 2nd rounder on a never-was never-will-be QB.

I have to think that kind of 'business' deal will be a thing of the past now that Saban is the HC.

NM

That had to be one of the worst deals in Dolphins history.

tony hipchest
03-14-2006, 01:44 PM
after miami landing d. culpepper today, sirius radio has reported that d. brees is on a plane right now to go sign a deal with n.o. for 6 years- 60 mil. tennessee must be licking their chops hoping the saints pass on leinart and dont trade out to someone else looking at him