PDA

View Full Version : Steelers interested in Andre Davis, WR and Kriewaldt resigned

Stlrs4Life
03-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Steelers | Team interested in A. Davis

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 00:19:05 -0800

Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have an interest in free agent WR Andre' Davis (Patriots), according to agent Kennard McGuire.

Steelers | Kriewaldt re-signed

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:25:20 -0800

Mike Garafolo, of the Star-Ledger, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have decided to re-sign LB Clint Kriewaldt, according to his agent Ron Slavin.

Also per the Post Gazette:

Omar Khan, the club's chief negotiator, spent Friday night meeting with agent Eric Metz discussing a deal to keep defensive end Brett Keisel.

Safety Chris Hope, as of yesterday, had lined up no visits to other NFL teams.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06071/669034.stm

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-12-2006, 11:04 AM
A.davis does nothing for me, Kreiwaldt good for special teams. they need Keisel and Hope.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Kreidwalt is a special teams demon and probably wont cost us much against the cap so this was a no brainer to bring him back. Good move.

Andre Davis, hhmm, not sure about him but I guess they are keeping options open if ARE bolts town and since Quincy is still hurt.

SteelerDan43
03-12-2006, 12:55 PM
I think they should probably sign a guy that can play a 3rd or 4th reciever roll because I for one am not real comfortable on relying on a guy like Washington to contribute after we lose El to the Bears

Atlanta Dan
03-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Chris Hope having no meetings lined up may mean the Steelers are talking to him or that maybe he is not that highly regarded.

Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com has this to say about Hope as a FA prospect (ranking Hope 19 out of top 50 FAs:

Good range, was asked to cover a lot of ground when Pittsburgh played Cover 3 in most long-yardage passing situations and is a sure tackler. Teams are more split on him, though, and Pittsburgh hasn't tried very hard to retain him

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2360759

SteelerDan43
03-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Davis just signed with the Bills, http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060312/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_bills_davis

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 01:20 PM
So much for Andre Davis.....

tony hipchest
03-12-2006, 01:23 PM
So much for Andre Davis..... id rather have eric moulds

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Personally, I'm glad we did not sign him.

BB2W
03-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Me too... I'd rather sign Antonio Bryant. Why do we want to pick up the Browns castaway wide receivers in the first place. We might as well bring in Kevin Johnson and give him a look too.

tony hipchest
03-12-2006, 01:32 PM

this is kind of wierd with quincy morgan a f.a. i think the steelers are bargain shopping right now and will pick through the remains after the flurry of signings kind of dies down. this way the market for these players will set themsevles and pit can throw out a take it or leave it deal.

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Me too... I'd rather sign Antonio Bryant. Why do we want to pick up the Browns castaway wide receivers in the first place. We might as well bring in Kevin Johnson and give him a look too.

I gotta disagree with you there BB2W. You couldn't pay me enough to take Bryant. After his little stint in Dallas and throwing a practice jersey in Parcell's face, I want nothing to do with that guy. This past season, after getting toasted 41-0 by the greatest team in the NFL, the guy was still yapping off at the jaw.

The guy has zero class. He was a trouble maker when he was at Pitt and it's obvious he hasn't changed his ways when he hit pro. The guy is trouble.

clevestinks
03-12-2006, 02:55 PM
I think the Steelers play games, and want to bluff other teams.

OX1947
03-12-2006, 02:56 PM
I do not think we should go out and get a free agent reciever. I think Cedrick, Ward, Morgan and Nate can be the guys, draft Martin Nance and we have a stud at tight end so I think reciever or offense for that matter shouldnt be looked at in free agency. Keep Hope and keep Keisel. The two musts. I think Hartings and Okobi restructure and that will be the end of that. I really think this team needs to reup on defense. Get Carpenter's and the Lawson's in the 1st and 2nd, Nance looks like he may last until the 3rd.

Suitanim
03-12-2006, 02:59 PM
I'd rather have Davis than Bryant. Antonio is a punk...

clevestinks
03-12-2006, 03:00 PM
I do not think we should go out and get a free agent reciever. I think Cedrick, Ward, Morgan and Nate can be the guys, draft Martin Nance and we have a stud at tight end so I think reciever or offense for that matter shouldnt be looked at in free agency. Keep Hope and keep Keisel. The two musts. I think Hartings and Okobi restructure and that will be the end of that. I really think this team needs to reup on defense. Get Carpenter's and the Lawson's in the 1st and 2nd, Nance looks like he may last until the 3rd.
I saw where we might be interested in drafting Moss out of Miami in the draft?? Anyone know anything about that?

DIESELMAN
03-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Davis signed with the Buffalo........ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Receiver Andre' Davis signed with the Buffalo Bills on Sunday, the team's third free-agent addition in two days....don't have to worry about him....if he can ever get over his nagging injuries he could be a good WR........

Stlrs4Life
03-13-2006, 06:20 PM
And Bryant signed with the 49ers.