PDA

View Full Version : edgerrin james a cardinal

tony hipchest
03-12-2006, 01:43 PM
sirius radio just said a 4 year deal has been reached.

BB2W
03-12-2006, 01:45 PM
At least he went to an NFC team... I really didn't want to see him go to the Jaguars.

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Here's the link.........

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2365467

daleemnm
03-12-2006, 02:06 PM
That seemed to be the only missing component of their offense.

Livinginthe past
03-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Im guessing this will be latest acquisition that will have the experts predicting a Cardinals presence in the playoffs?!

Every year its the same - we get told that 'this is the year for the Cards and the Lions' .....

I believe the most important missing component for the cards is a viable QB - warner is too slow and old to operate that offense.

NM

tony hipchest
03-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Here's the link.........

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2365467 thank you sir. sirius just reported too that an unnamed agent has said that a. vinatieri is as good as gone. hes deep in negotiations with 2 teams but the source refused to name them. this could be posturing

Livinginthe past
03-12-2006, 02:16 PM
There is currently alot of confusion over the status of david Givens - the official patriots website reports that he cancelled his visit to the Texans and has signed a new deal with the Pats.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=15721&pcid=41

However, there are alot of conflciting reports - most people think this is a smokescreen to increase his value further.

NM

SteelerDan43
03-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Im guessing this will be latest acquisition that will have the experts predicting a Cardinals presence in the playoffs?!

Every year its the same - we get told that 'this is the year for the Cards and the Lions' .....

I believe the most important missing component for the cards is a viable QB - warner is too slow and old to operate that offense.

NM

I do believe old Mr. Warner along with McCown while Warner was hurt did help the Cards lead the league in passing you add James to that and you have to believe that makes them a playoff contender

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 02:23 PM
thank you sir. sirius just reported too that an unnamed agent has said that a. vinatieri is as good as gone. hes deep in negotiations with 2 teams but the source refused to name them. this could be posturing

n/p brother. I wish they would disclose how much cash they are giving him.

Livinginthe past
03-12-2006, 02:27 PM
I do believe old Mr. Warner along with McCown while Warner was hurt did help the Cards lead the league in passing you add James to that and you have to believe that makes them a playoff contender

Its all very well leading the league in passing yards - but he didnt lead them to very many victories - I dont think an RB is going to change them from a 5-11 team to a playoff team.

The team seemed more successful under McCown but it was pretty clear that Denny Green didnt want him as a starter.

Warner is increasingly liable to break down with injuries - I really dont think this guy is going to lead them to the playoffs.

NM

tony hipchest
03-12-2006, 02:31 PM
n/p brother. I wish they would disclose how much cash they are giving him. im gonna take a wild guess and say its about a 6-7 mil/ year with about 11 mil guaranteed. 25-28 mil overall.

wait i just heard 4 year 30 mil with 14 mil up front (not confirmed). i was low but close. still listening to sirius

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 02:33 PM
im gonna take a wild guess and say its about a 6-7 mil/ year with about 11 mil guaranteed. 25-28 mil overall.

wait i just heard 4 year 30 mil with 14 mil up front (not confirmed). i was low but close. still listening to sirius

Cool, thanks for the info.

SteelerDan43
03-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Its all very well leading the league in passing yards - but he didnt lead them to very many victories - I dont think an RB is going to change them from a 5-11 team to a playoff team.

The team seemed more successful under McCown but it was pretty clear that Denny Green didnt want him as a starter.

Warner is increasingly liable to break down with injuries - I really dont think this guy is going to lead them to the playoffs.

NM

Warner actually had better stats than McCown did 7.2 yds/att to 6.8 yds/att, Warner also threw 11 TDs to 9 INTs while McCown threw the opposite. And he had the better rating, 85.8 to 74.9. No Warner is not the long term answer but he doesnt suck as bad as people make him out too. Who else are they gonna bring in? Collins? Griese?? They would take Young if he falls to them but who knows if Green would start him. For Warner to put up those numbers with teams just sitting back in coverage because of their horrible running game is pretty darn good. In the weaker NFC they have a legitimate shot to go 9-7 and make the playoffs with James taking alot of the pressure off Warner.

Livinginthe past
03-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Warner actually had better stats than McCown did 7.2 yds/att to 6.8 yds/att, Warner also threw 11 TDs to 9 INTs while McCown threw the opposite. And he had the better rating, 85.8 to 74.9. No Warner is not the long term answer but he doesnt suck as bad as people make him out too. Who else are they gonna bring in? Collins? Griese?? They would take Young if he falls to them but who knows if Green would start him. For Warner to put up those numbers with teams just sitting back in coverage because of their horrible running game is pretty darn good. In the weaker NFC they have a legitimate shot to go 9-7 and make the playoffs with James taking alot of the pressure off Warner.

Sure teams did sit back in coverage - but then Warner also got to pad his stats at the end of games where he had led them to a huge defeat.

Teams played soft and he racked up plenty of yardage with the NFL's best garbage time receiver - Anquan Boldin.

Im pretty confident the cards aren't going 9-7 next year - I would even say 8-8 is beyond them.

NM

Suitanim
03-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Enjoy the fat payday, Edge...but prepare to play a lot of .500 football.
This will also put a hurtin' on the Colts...

clevestinks
03-12-2006, 03:03 PM
I`m looking for James to have a positive drug test soon, after seeing him live on TV super bowl week

RoethlisBURGHer
03-12-2006, 03:21 PM
I`m looking for James to have a positive drug test soon, after seeing him live on TV super bowl week

He signed with the Cardinals,which means he must be on something.

CantStop85
03-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Boldin and Fitzgerald at WR and Edge at RB...that could make any QB look good.

pucho58
03-12-2006, 04:26 PM
I thought the cardinals have a weak offensesive line. If they do, he is not going to put up numbers like he did with the colts. I guest time will tell.

Ambridge
03-12-2006, 04:54 PM
I thought the cardinals have a weak offensesive line. If they do, he is not going to put up numbers like he did with the colts. I guest time will tell.

They Cards rushing offense is a joke finishing dead last in the league this past season averaging only 71 yards a game.

It will be interesting to see if Edgerrin gets any where near a 1000yds for the '06 season.

boLT fan
03-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Looks like the Cards might actually be good next year. The bad times for Cardinal fans (all 2 of you) has finally ended. Maybe.

http://www.azcardinals.com/nm_files/Image/misc/edgevisitswithplayers.jpg

Haha, Warner looks so out of place.

klick81
03-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Welp, i'm glad he's no longer with the Colts.

BlackNGold203
03-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Bolden..Fitzgerald...and Edge...VERY formidable....

This has to be giving Peyton Manning nightmares...LOL...can you spell "cover two"?

Or..how about spelling "blitz"?

WWIIOwheelz
03-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Fitz and Boldin made both QBs look good at times last year. A legitimate running threat makes them a contender. Remember, this is the NFC we're talking about.

MichiSteeler
03-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Hmmm. It will be weird not seeing Edge with the colts, to me besides manning it was really edge that was the image of the team. Unfortunatly he probably never be as good as he was in indy, but whatever. I am glad though that the colts r taking such a substantial loss :cool: .

SteelerzGirl
03-12-2006, 05:38 PM
I am glad though that the colts r taking such a substantial loss :cool: .

Oh me, too! I bet the Manning's are pooping their pants! :bouncy:

MichiSteeler
03-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Oh me, too! I bet the Manning's are pooping their pants! :bouncy:
Definatly, whos gonna run for them? Rhodes? :sofunny:

Petesburgh66
03-12-2006, 05:56 PM

I agree. The O-line isn't good. A good o-line makes a huge difference to a RB.

Remember a few years ago when the Steelers O-line was hurt by injuries? We missed the playoffs and Amos wasn't effective as a result.

Stillers#1
03-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Boldin and Fitzgerald at WR and Edge at RB...that could make any QB look good.

ya I think I agree with you there. Hey, when are you going to get a picture of Carson with his Lombard........ ohhhhhh my bad, n/m. I guess college accolades will have to do for now.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2006, 11:56 PM
No matter what the rumors were, this was about the last team I saw him going to play for. I mean if a team like the colts can choke in the playoffs every year..whats he think is gonna happen anytime soon in Arizona ?? :rolleyes:

DIESELMAN
03-13-2006, 12:02 AM
No matter what the rumors were, this was about the last team I saw him going to play for. I mean if a team like the colts can choke in the playoffs every year..whats he think is gonna happen anytime soon in Arizona ?? :rolleyes:

Especially without an O-line...The cards better upgrade theirs or Mr James will be looking up from the backfield quite a bit this year lol.....I think Arrington and Shipp had a -3.0 ypc average last year LMAO....we'll see what this year brings last year was kind of funky here and there......Thats why I love football anything can happen on any given sunday!!!!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-13-2006, 12:28 AM

At least in the Non Football Conference there is not as many quality opponents to get through for the playoffs, and then they will only have to beat Seattle!! :sofunny: :rolleyes:

Stlrs4Life
03-13-2006, 09:24 PM
If the Cards add some good OL, they can be alot better this season.