PDA

View Full Version : Randle El is a Redskin

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Just reported on ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2365504

tony hipchest
03-12-2006, 03:41 PM
bastard! and he said it wasnt about the money. if its the redskins involved its definitely about the money. i thought he shouldve went to the bears and go home. good for him to cash in though. i wish him well but wouldve rooted for him more with the bears.

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 03:43 PM
When they say it's not about the money, it's about the money. I wish El all the best. I'm with you also TH, if he was a Bear I would have been rooting for him a little harder. I guess "God" told him to go to D.C. where there's more money....lol.

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Here's the link..........

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2365504

Suitanim
03-12-2006, 03:54 PM
We all knew it was coming...now we can have some fun speculating what the Steelers will do at WR...

clevestinks
03-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Damn I`m shocked. I thought El was either staying or going home.

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 03:59 PM
I actually thought Chicago over Washington D.C.

Guess I was wrong.

Suitanim
03-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Oh, I meant we knew we were losing him, not that he'd choose the Redskins...the Washington thing had to be all about the Benjamin's...

clevestinks
03-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Oh, I meant we knew we were losing him, not that he'd choose the Redskins...the Washington thing had to be all about the Benjamin's...
I agree, and nothing against El, I`m just not rooting for a Daniel Synder team

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 04:09 PM
"If that boy billionaire thinks he can shut me up, he should stick his head in a can of paint."

Classic.

SteelerDan43
03-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Stupid Stupid Stupid, he had a better chance to win with Bears being the speedy guy they had been missing, oh well money talks bullshit walks

Koopa
03-12-2006, 04:11 PM
well el is just another bastard player to me now, we'll be fine without him. he'll be watching us in the playoffs at homes for a the rest of his career.

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm sure Cedrick Wilson is smiling like a butcher's dog today.

HburgXL06
03-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Wilson is movin up in the ranks damn quick. I'll back him though because he's showed us this year that he's earned our respect as a player. Randel El went with money and it seemed outta nowhere that he chose the redskins. Oh well he can join Plaxico next year on the couch when we are in the playoffs. We'll be fine with what we have and pick up. Ward and Wilson are good WRs and I'm excited to watch and see what they can do.

BuFu

Stlrs4Life
03-12-2006, 04:36 PM
See ya ARE, thanks for the memories. It doesn't bother me 1 bit that he is gone. Obviously he went for the money. The Bears offered alot of money if ya ask me. And with the Bears, he had a better chance to start.

noto45
03-12-2006, 04:39 PM
he wont last long there If he is a deadskin next year I will be surprised

MattsMe
03-12-2006, 04:47 PM
No surprise here. Once word got around about the 'skins interest in El, I think they immediately became the favorite to get him. Too bad they'll be disappointed. ARE's a great playmaker, but I don't think he's the consistent producer that they'll expect him to be. Let's face it, he's NOT a no.2 receiver, and I've never liked him on punt returns. I'm not knocking the guy, and I do wish he'd stayed. Pittsburgh knew how to use him to get the most out of his ability. I don't think the Redskins can do that.

pucho58
03-12-2006, 05:13 PM
We got what we wanted out of him. The Steelers will be alright without him;I wish him nothing but the best with his new team.

drizze99
03-12-2006, 05:20 PM
He will starve in a Joe Gibb's offense. Oh well, see ya El and don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya.

clevestinks
03-12-2006, 05:34 PM
I agree with MattsMe, and I`ve always said that El is a damn good no.3, the Steelers did the right thing. The Rooneys always keep us up near the top, so lets give this FA some time

Ambridge
03-12-2006, 05:35 PM
bastard! and he said it wasnt about the money. if its the redskins involved its definitely about the money. i thought he shouldve went to the bears and go home. good for him to cash in though. i wish him well but wouldve rooted for him more with the bears.

I agree!!
Don't act all humble and say money isn't the primary issue and then jump in the limo of the highest paying Pimp in the league.
Sounds like Snyder really over paid IMO.

I'll thank Randle El for his past services but I hope he never gets another sniff of a Lombardi Trophy the rest of his career.

BlackNGold203
03-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Washington and Randle El's agent, Fletcher Smith, on Sunday finalized a six-year contract worth $31 million that included $10 million in bonuses.

UNBELIEVABLE

NO WAY is El worth that kinda scratch

Snyder is a moron....

Hey Dan!!...who's throwing Moss and El the ball???

God..thats QB money!!!!

SteelerDan43
03-12-2006, 05:37 PM
I like the Redskins of old and Joe Gibbs but Snyder just pisses me off

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Washington and Randle El's agent, Fletcher Smith, on Sunday finalized a six-year contract worth $31 million that included $10 million in bonuses.

UNBELIEVABLE

NO WAY is El worth that kinda scratch

Snyder is a moron....

Hey Dan!!...who's throwing Moss and El the ball???

God..thats QB money!!!!

Damn and I didn't even think he was worth the Chicago offer.

BlackNGold203
03-12-2006, 05:39 PM
El...Moss...Patten..and now Brandon Lloyd???

and Mark freakin Brunell throwing??

MORONS!!!

Randle el#82
03-12-2006, 05:43 PM
NOOOOOOOO!!!!:crying01:

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm not going to sit here and bash the guy and wish bad luck towards him. The guy is young, it's the right time for him to make his move for more money and he took advantage of the opportunity. I would probably do the same.

Good luck El, thanks for the memories and I wish you the best.

BlackNGold203
03-12-2006, 05:45 PM
I'm not going to sit here and bash the guy and wish bad luck towards him. The guy is young, it's the right time for him to make his move for more money and he took advantage of the opportunity. I would probably do the same.

Good luck El, thanks for the memories and I wish you the best.

I'm not blaming El for cashing in...I'm just saying the Redskins are RETARDED

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm not blaming El for cashing in...I'm just saying the Redskins are RETARDED

By no means am I accusing you of blaming him for anything. Hell, I don't like the Redskins either.

OX1947
03-12-2006, 05:50 PM
5.1 mil a year !!!!! All for throwing a TD in a Super Bowl and returning two punts for TD's. Unbelievable...unbelievable how stupid some of these owners are. If you werent convienenced that the NFL needs a salary cap, im sure you have to think now. a FREAKIN guard just got an offer for 7 yrs 49 mil with a 16 mil signing bonus, A GUARD, not a guy who gives you 17 TD's a year, a GUARD. Just amazing.....

tootalltoscore
03-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Stupid Stupid Stupid, he had a better chance to win with Bears being the speedy guy they had been missing, oh well money talks bullshit walks

I certainly agree with you Dan and the Bears could have concentrated on a TE in the first round.
I do wish El all the best, though, the Skins that is awful

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 05:55 PM
For those who felt we "should do everything" (there were not many) in order to keep Randle El, we would have had to pay him that type of cash. Now ask yourself, is he really worth it? I don't think so.

klick81
03-12-2006, 05:59 PM
That's defenitely a shocker. I was getting my hopes up about us being able to keep him. Dammit. Either that or him going to the Bears.

BlackNGold203
03-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Last time I read..the Skins were over the cap....^.^

Im just...GOD....thank God for the Rooney family

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Last time I read..the Skins were over the cap....^.^

Im just...GOD....thank God for the Rooney family

With the exception of D.C., any owner would be out of their minds to sign Randle El for that type of cash.

klick81
03-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Wow...i skipped the page where you guys stated how much he's getting. Freakin unbelievable!!!

Lyn
03-12-2006, 06:03 PM
God had nothing to do with this . LOL

Milkman
03-12-2006, 06:04 PM
So do our Steelers get a compensatory pick next year for him leaving?

Just thought I'd ask since I'm still not sure how that works.

SteelerzGirl
03-12-2006, 06:05 PM
El no!!! Randle El was one of my faves. I'm so sad to see him go. I'm really going to miss him. :crying01: Good luck and best wishes, Antwaan!

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 06:07 PM

No, we don't get anything.

BlackNGold203
03-12-2006, 06:08 PM

No..he was an unrestricted FA..he's gone...no compensation

Stillers#1
03-12-2006, 06:09 PM
5.1 mil a year !!!!! All for throwing a TD in a Super Bowl and returning two punts for TD's. Unbelievable...unbelievable how stupid some of these owners are. If you werent convienenced that the NFL needs a salary cap, im sure you have to think now. a FREAKIN guard just got an offer for 7 yrs 49 mil with a 16 mil signing bonus, A GUARD, not a guy who gives you 17 TD's a year, a GUARD. Just amazing.....

As a former college and high school center, I say to you, who do think clears the way for those 1 TD's a year. Specially in Seattle where they had the most overated running back in the league. Anyways about ARE, I can't blame him for going for the money, and I thank him for everything hee did for the Stillers, but he pretty much lied about it not being ll about the money. I say BS, man of God my ass. If he says it's about supporting his family, I am able to support my wife, kid, two dogs and a cat with what the emilitary pays me, and we even have some pretty nice stuff. This is just pure greed.

Who know though, maybe this time next year we will hear John Clayton telling us all about the the Redskins winning small reciever formula. As much as I would like to see Dan Snyder trip into a bear pit, maybe he is actually on to something here. He has a bunch of small quick guys, who may compiment each other. My bet is againt it, but I have been wrong....a lot LOL

BTW USA 3 - JAPAN 3 in the bottom of the 7th.

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 06:11 PM
"Washington and Randle El's agent, Fletcher Smith, on Sunday finalized a six-year contract worth $31 million that included $10 million in bonuses."...........

And that's one of the reasons why the Skins have been unable to win a Super Bowl.

noto45
03-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Greed gets to the best of them even El.....................

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Greed gets to the best of them even El.....................

Question, would you take 41 million dollars over a six year span? I'm just curious. You call it greed, I call it a very smart financial decision on El's part....lol. Stupid on Mr. Snyder's part though.

83-Steelers-43
03-12-2006, 06:19 PM
God had nothing to do with this . LOL

lol, that was all Mr. Benjamin.

Atlanta Dan
03-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Good for ARE - if I am a Redskins fan it confirms my team has NO financial discipline - Redskins obviously let Arrington walk for reasons other than $$

God appeared to ARE in the image of Ben Franklin

clevestinks
03-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Damn how could you turn down that kind of money? They over paid big time! But hey way to go El.

My last contract at work was just barely over $350,000, and I was ticked, El has boat loads.

MichiSteeler
03-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Hmmm. I dont know how to respond to this. He was decent but only really worth anything on punt returns, and of course trick plays. Other than that he was never that great, if Wilson can play like he did in the play-offs(mainly against denver) all season, then we'll be better off without ARE.

clevestinks
03-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Damn how could you turn down that kind of money? They over paid big time! But hey way to go El.

My last contract at work was just barely over $350,000, and I was ticked, El has boat loads.

:sofunny: That last was was just a joke! LOL, I wish though! Lol:sofunny:

Big7Ben
03-12-2006, 06:36 PM
oh my goodness!!! he's a REDSKIN!!! wow.. Best Luck to you El!

redst3
03-12-2006, 06:37 PM
damn

Big7Ben
03-12-2006, 06:56 PM
I am in the forum for the Redskins and it's kind of funny.. they are all spelling his name Randel El... hah... http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Ohio Steeler
03-12-2006, 06:59 PM
We all knew it was coming...now we can have some fun speculating what the Steelers will do at WR...

yes we did I wish him the best

SteelerzGirl
03-12-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm still in denial. Is it really true? Antwaan is gonna play for the Redskins? Say it isn't so! I don't want our Super Bowl Steelers family split up. First Jerome and now this. :crying01:

Bust
03-12-2006, 07:20 PM
NOOOOOOOO!!!!:crying01:

Here's hoping you can change your screen name.

SteelerzGirl
03-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Here's hoping you can change your screen name.

Randle el#82... That really sucks. :frown:

Petesburgh66
03-12-2006, 07:22 PM
I am shaking my head. The Deadskins are one of the dumbest runned organizations in football. The signing of Randle El to this contract further proves it. He is not even worth half of this contract based on what he did in Pittsburgh.

Steelers better get moving on signing Morgan back. The WR depth on this team as taken a hit. Somthing tells me a WR will be drafted in the early rounds by the Steelers.

SteelerzGirl
03-12-2006, 07:24 PM
The Deadskins are one of the dumbest runned organizations in football.

I used to date a Redskins fan from Arlington, VA. He was a "deadskin," too. :rofl: Now it's nothing but manly Steelers boys!

PisnNapalm
03-12-2006, 07:32 PM
SHAZBOT!!! I kept hoping he'd stick around and keep wearing the black and gold, but...

There's no way he's worth that kind of money. Sorry Antwaan.

As for that being QB money... maybe the 'skins will use him at QB? j/k

SteelerFanInCA
03-12-2006, 07:36 PM
What a punk!!!. I have lost all respect for that guy now after his "it's not about the money" mentality.

DIESELMAN
03-12-2006, 07:40 PM
All I can say is good luck to the man...he did what he could for us now its time for him to get paid.......he won't be missed but good luck to him anyways.....

melroseplace
03-12-2006, 07:46 PM
I knew it was coming, but it's still sad. Antwaan's such a great guy. plus he's one of the first of our Super Bowl winning team to leave (well, with the exception of Bettis of course)

Suitanim
03-12-2006, 08:06 PM
The bottom line? ARE scored a payday on a team that has a chance to contend, provided Jason Cambell can ever become a legitimate NFL. But that's the problem. Cambell is yet another great college QB who will most likely never pan out at the NFL level. He's not bright, and got away with a lot at Auburn based solely on his sheer athleticism.

So now the Redskins have the smallest tandem of WR's to maybe ever play the game in the modern era. Personally, I think this will result in ARE being branded a bust for the money in a few years...

Atlanta Dan
03-12-2006, 08:19 PM
The story, presumably put out by ARE's agent, is that ARE turned down the Bears offer of $18 million over 6 years ($8 million bonus) to take the Redskins offer of $31 million over 6 years ($11.5 million in bonuses) not because of the $$ but because he wants to work with Al Saunders as O-coordinator (OK, that would be appealing) and to work with Mark freaking Brunnell at QB.

The claim ARE wants to work with Brunnell buries the bulls**t meter for me - I believe ARE cashing in is great for him, but I continue to wish some player someday would actually come out and say of course it was about the money.

Redskins will regret this contract - Bears had ARE priced within what passes for reality if you want to sign a second tier FA ASAP. By point of comparison, Edgerrin James got $30 million over 4 years with $11.5 million in bonuses from Arizona - refresh my memory as to which player is more of an impact player.

Suitanim
03-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Great points...Mark Brunnell was brought in as a stop-gap, and took the job away from Patrick Ramsey (Can you say NFL QB bust?). Brunnell was never intended to start last year, and is definitely not intended to start next. It's Cambell's job to lose (and he might lose the job to Brunnell), and I think Ramsey will end up on another roster.

tony hipchest
03-12-2006, 08:30 PM
The story, presumably put out by ARE's agent, is that ARE turned down the Bears offer of $18 million over 6 years ($8 million bonus) to take the Redskins offer of $31 million over 6 years ($11.5 million in bonuses) not because of the $$ but because he wants to work with Al Saunders as O-coordinator (OK, that would be appealing) and to work with Mark freaking Brunnell at QB.

The claim ARE wants to work with Brunnell buries the bulls**t meter for me - I believe ARE cashing in is great for him, but I continue to wish some player someday would actually come out and say of course it was about the money.

Redskins will regret this contract - Bears had ARE priced within what passes for reality if you want to sign a second tier FA ASAP. By point of comparison, Edgerrin James got $30 million over 4 years with $11.5 million in bonuses from Arizona - refresh my memory as to which player is more of an impact player. based on what el got its not a far stretch to say if h. ward wouldve been a f.a. this year dan snyder woulda made him a top 3 paid wr in the league.

Steeler in Carolina
03-12-2006, 08:34 PM
We are real fortunate that Hines held out last year and forced the Steelers to give him an extension. Good luck to El, because he is going to need it. Hope he does good, but the Skins lose all their games.

Suitanim
03-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Yeah, it's a good thing we've still got the salary cap like everyone wanted, so the Redskins and the Cowboys can't outbid us in the free agent market.
:dang:

Nothing aginst you personally, I just had to quote SOMEone talking about the money aspect to show that, yes, we get screwed out of some of our best players, cap or no cap. It's almost funny that it happened this way and, of all teams, ARE went to the Redskins.

Apparently, you value ARE as highly as the Redskins, who just VASTLY overpaid for a mid-range caliber WR and very good punt returner.

The cap had nothing to do with this...the Steelers were destined to lose ARE to one team or another, it's just a surprise that his greed led him to the Redskins.

tony hipchest
03-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Yeah, it's a good thing we've still got the salary cap like everyone wanted, so the Redskins and the Cowboys can't outbid us in the free agent market.
:dang:

Nothing aginst you personally, I just had to quote SOMEone talking about the money aspect to show that, yes, we get screwed out of some of our best players, cap or no cap. It's almost funny that it happened this way and, of all teams, ARE went to the Redskins. with or without a salary cap, theres no way the steelers were gonna offer el that kinda jack to stick around. he woulda been extremely lucky to get 3 million/year from the steelers for filling his role. remember el was about just as good as a rookie in our system as he was last year. while he was a great player for us its not like he grew and developed into a bonafide #2 wr. maybe he couldve but thats not how the steelers ran their offense this year.

PisnNapalm
03-12-2006, 09:07 PM
We'll miss the punt returns for sure. Our special teams were great last season. I hope this doesn't impact it too much.

tony hipchest
03-12-2006, 09:11 PM
We'll miss the punt returns for sure. Our special teams were great last season. I hope this doesn't impact it too much. i think els punt returns will be the easiest part of his game to replace. he had damn good hands, was great out of the backfield, had respect in the locker room and experience with the steelers on the field.

as great as he was on special teams he never made it to the pro bowl and i think he was only in the top 5 in yards/return and td's once.

OX1947
03-12-2006, 09:17 PM
As a former college and high school center, I say to you, who do think clears the way for those 1 TD's a year. Specially in Seattle where they had the most overated running back in the league. Anyways about ARE, I can't blame him for going for the money, and I thank him for everything hee did for the Stillers, but he pretty much lied about it not being ll about the money. I say BS, man of God my ass. If he says it's about supporting his family, I am able to support my wife, kid, two dogs and a cat with what the emilitary pays me, and we even have some pretty nice stuff. This is just pure greed.

Who know though, maybe this time next year we will hear John Clayton telling us all about the the Redskins winning small reciever formula. As much as I would like to see Dan Snyder trip into a bear pit, maybe he is actually on to something here. He has a bunch of small quick guys, who may compiment each other. My bet is againt it, but I have been wrong....a lot LOL

BTW USA 3 - JAPAN 3 in the bottom of the 7th.

I was a center in my brief career, I know how important a guard is and the o line, but paying a guard 49 million dollars is a joke......

steelers07
03-12-2006, 11:04 PM
I can't say I am completley sad to see Randle El go! I think he was good for us in punt returns but Cedrick Wilson, will make a great #2 WR next season! Good Luck Antwann!

CantStop85
03-12-2006, 11:56 PM
At least there won't be as many of those damn trick plays now.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Yes there will.............hell, our tight end..MILLER. was a quarterback........never know what the whiz will do.........

Petesburgh66
03-13-2006, 12:02 AM
Steelers ran the same trick plays before ARE was in the NFL.

SteelShooter
03-13-2006, 12:45 AM

I completely agree! To be honest, after he turned down Chicago I had a little hope. I was totally wrong on this one.......actually, I'm pretty disappointed in him.:redface: I do wish him the best, except when he plays against the Black and Gold!:boxing:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-13-2006, 12:59 AM
This still just pisses me off.. I mean what, you get your SB ring and now you wanna bolt ? Screw ARE.. I supported him from day one. I supported and defended him as a starter opposite Hines.. but its pretty obvious he was talking out his ass when he says " oh I wanna stay, I'll take less money" :blah:

Good riddance if your dumbass doesnt wanna stick around.. good luck with the Chokeskins !!

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-13-2006, 01:18 AM
Hines was a QB and was doin the trick plays first,sorry to break your heart!!!

Where do I start... ARE c ya maybe if the door had hit ya before you left you might have come to your senses... but if you can steal that kind of money and not go to jail my hats off to ya!! This just might be your biggest trick play of all,you got them thinking you are a starter!!
Just how many millions do these "players" need to "take care of my family", how many future generations is he taking care of?? I know,I know it's not his fault if someone is willing to throw that kind of money at you you got to take it and run. I thank GOD that Hines is a stand up guy and did what he did. He could have gotten 2x as much. To think ARE is now getting paid as much as E. James WTF is Snyder thinking??? I guess I'm jealous, to be able to throw that kind of money away.
At any rate ARE thanks for the memories!! :cheers: (and don't create anymore at are expense):wave:

schoondog
03-13-2006, 02:05 AM
why does god always tell them to take the money. also is god had anything to do with football wouldn't the saints of won a superbowl by now?

MattsMe
03-13-2006, 02:43 AM
http://funnypicsusa.com/priceless-pixs3/redsk-priceless.jpg

83-Steelers-43
03-13-2006, 09:51 AM
with or without a salary cap, theres no way the steelers were gonna offer el that kinda jack to stick around. he woulda been extremely lucky to get 3 million/year from the steelers for filling his role. remember el was about just as good as a rookie in our system as he was last year. while he was a great player for us its not like he grew and developed into a bonafide #2 wr. maybe he couldve but thats not how the steelers ran their offense this year.

I agree.

83-Steelers-43
03-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Good article this morning by Ron Cook in the PPG this morning pertaining to Randle El. I tried going on the PPG site to post it on here but they don't have it available.

FisherMOM
03-13-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm sure Cedrick Wilson is smiling like a butcher's dog today.

lol..ain't that the truth!

well.. I am real sad to hear this..
I loved rooting for EL... but, such is football I suppose. :redface:

WWIIOwheelz
03-13-2006, 11:22 AM
I called it in training camp last year, that Heath Miller would emerge as a more bona fide receiving threat than ARE, and it was no contest, he absolutely was. Cedrick Wilson earned Ben's trust and respect in practice, and the Whis too, apparently. Can't remember which team it was against, but he broke out with 2 TDs in one game down the stretch.

Avoid Lloyd
03-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Why is everyone so convinced that no salary cap would be the end of the world

Are you serious? Have you ever heard of MLB?

I'm sad to see Randle El go, I though he added an interesting factor to our offense and specials teams. He was a good guy too, and you can never have enough of them on our team.

However, I definitely believe we can replace him with an all around better receiver.

83-Steelers-43
03-13-2006, 05:06 PM
http://www.redskins.com

Randle El press conference.

"Money is not everything" - Antwaan Randle El 3/13/06

Right.........

83-Steelers-43
03-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Oh well. Time to move on like we did this past season after losing Plax and win another Super Bowl. In the words of the great Joe Dirt, we gotta keep on, keepin' on

83-Steelers-43
03-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Are you serious? Have you ever heard of MLB?

I'm sad to see Randle El go, I though he added an interesting factor to our offense and specials teams. He was a good guy too, and you can never have enough of them on our team.

However, I definitely believe we can replace him with an all around better receiver.

I agree 100% with both the cap issue and Randle El. Even though the cap issue has been settled for the past week now and no matter how much complaining is put forth, it won't change that.

clevestinks
03-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Washington, Chicago or whomever, it really didnt matter, he was gone regardless. We got what we had to out of him while he was here. He can thank the Steelers for hand delivering that fat contract from Synder

shevdog
03-13-2006, 08:22 PM
That just bites! Man that is big time disappointing.

SteelerzGirl
03-13-2006, 08:26 PM
http://www.redskins.com

Randle El press conference.

"Money is not everything" - Antwaan Randle El 3/13/06

Right.........

Uh-huh...(lol). Well, I hope Antwaan is happy. He's the one who has to live with himself.

Avoid Lloyd
03-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Uh-huh...(lol). Well, I hope Antwaan is happy. He's the one who has to live with himself.

I wouldn't worry. He's got 27 million reasons to be happy :cool:

WWIIOwheelz
03-13-2006, 10:42 PM
Honestly, if you bring a winning attitude to the game everyday & know that in your heart, the decision he made was the correct one for him, no doubt.

I sincerely wish him the best & have no ill will towards him for that decision. A 2 million dollar difference per YEAR? That would've been an easy decision for me to make also. The Redskins were my team growing up, the first 25 years of my life, so I kinda like seeing him in Washington. :)

I've lived here since 1995, have bled Black & Gold since that time, but I can tell you anything about the Skins for the preceding 25 years or so. :D

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-13-2006, 11:12 PM
Bottom Line it was all about the money!!! The thing that Pis$ed me off watching that news confernce was him saying it's not about the money,he felt so welcome with the attention the Foreskins were giving him and after the deal was done he called Lovie Smith and the Rooneys to see if they could make the numbers work, I.E. give me more. The Foreskins are putting the pieces together to make run at the Super Bowl, in case you didn't notice the pieces ARE already here.
Why in the world can't he just fricking admit it was all about the money, MO MONEY,MO MONEY, MO MONEY !!!

DIESELMAN
03-16-2006, 04:09 AM
in case anyone is interested heres ARE's base for the contract.....
Washington Redskins WR Antwaan Randle El signed a seven-year contract with base salaries of $585,000 (2006), $595,000 (2007), $820,000 (2008), $4 million (2009), $4.25 million (2010), $4.5 million (2011) and $5.0 million (2012).

clevestinks
03-16-2006, 06:34 AM
I agree his career would have lasted longer in our system, wash. will soon get over him

Steel Fury
03-16-2006, 11:28 AM
El did the right thing. He has his ring, now get the $$. The Super Bowl was the best commercial for El and he got the money. His productivity does not equal the paycheck but honestly would we have done anything different? I agree that he will be cut in 3 years but hopefully he will have the bank to last him. For us, he can be replaced. The trick plays were the biggest asset he brought, but someone else said it before; we were doing the trick plays before El got here.

Good luck El and thanks for what you've done but, don't anticipate anything other than mediocre teams for the next several years.

PittsburghGirl
03-29-2006, 09:47 AM
OK- not that I want to beat a dead horse but found this and have to give credit where it is due!

ATTENTION RANDLE EL...

OK, so you are richer than you were yesterday. But keep in mind the following...

1. That you have signed with a team that is already set in the wide reciever position and will probablly run you as a #3 guy... MONEY BEFORE POSITION

2. That you have signed with a team that has an owner that puts more value in buying big name flashy players than investing in guys that bleed and sweat from a genuine love for the game... MONEY BEFORE HEART

3. That you will be pawning your superbowl ring as soon as Dan Snyder finds someone else with a flashier name and even Al Davis doesn't know who you are... MONEY BEFORE STABILITY

4. That you were one one of the ONLY NFL teams that complimented your style of play and made you look at your best... MONEY BEFORE COMMON SENSE

5. That instead of 80,000 screaming fans waving Terrible Towels and cheering you onto the field, you now have to look at a bunch of fat guys in dresses wearing pig noses... MONEY BEFORE FAN APPRECIATION

6. That occasionally getting into the playoffs stems only as a result of being in a division that is consistantly mediocre and is only good enough to not lose as much as the other teams and eventually has to play an AFC team... MONEY BEFORE WINNING

7. That Washigton DC has the highest crime rate per capita and tripled the crime rate compared to that in the Burgh... MONEY BEFORE YOUR FAMILY

8. That Lavar Arrington just actually forfieted money to be able to leave Washigton to go to a team that will not sit you on the pines because of personal off-field politics... MONEY BEFORE REPUTATION

9. That words like "superbowl", "parade", "Lombardi" and "champion" will be forever restricted from your volabulary and replaced by words such as "overpaid", "overrated", "dead-weight" and "downgraded"... MONEY BEFORE PRIDE

10. And finally, that you were a millionaire regardless of what city or team you play for... MONEY BEFORE MONEY

ENJOY YOUR CAVAIR, DOM PERIGNON, AND LOUIS VUITTON TOILET PAPER... IN THE MEANTIME WE HAVE ANOTHER SUPEBOWL TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

- STEELERS MAFFIA