PDA

View Full Version : Seattle guard Hutchinson signs offer sheet in Minnesota!

BlackNGold203
03-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Seattle Seahawks star Steve Hutchinson, designated as a transition free agent by the NFC champions, has signed an offer sheet with the Minnesota Vikings that will make him the highest paid guard in NFL history, ESPN.com has learned.

Will Seattle match????

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2365600

Stillers#1
03-12-2006, 05:00 PM
If he goes, they might as well just donate the Shaun Alexander money to chairty, because he is not tough enough to run without a great line. Just my opinion. I also don't think we will see Seattle in the Super Bowl next year w/o Hutch. IMO e is the 2nd best guard in the game, can you guys guess who I think the best it?

BlackNGold203
03-12-2006, 05:05 PM
The offer sheet is for seven years, at $49 million, and includes $16 million in guarantees. Once the offer sheet is executed, Seattle will have seven days to match all its principle terms, or allow Hutchinson to move to the Vikings. If the Seahawks do not match it, they will receive no draft-pick compensation.

Wow.....there goes there cap room between Alexander and this guy....IF they match

Livinginthe past
03-12-2006, 05:14 PM
If he goes, they might as well just donate the Shaun Alexander money to chairty, because he is not tough enough to run without a great line. Just my opinion. I also don't think we will see Seattle in the Super Bowl next year w/o Hutch. IMO e is the 2nd best guard in the game, can you guys guess who I think the best it?

Logan Mankins?

NM

MichiSteeler
03-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Alan Faneca :cool: .:bouncy: Yeah i agree, without Huchinson anchoring that line Shaun wont put up as good of numbers. Can you say Larry Johnson for MVP?

Petesburgh66
03-12-2006, 05:59 PM
A big blow to the left side of the O-line if he bolts to Minny.

MattsMe
03-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Overall, I think o-line players are underpaid and don't get the attention they deserve.
But 7mil a year? That's insane.

Ambridge
03-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Hutchinson must be smiling ear to ear.........he's getting a huge payday regardless.

Suitanim
03-12-2006, 06:29 PM
The beauty of having a team like the Steelers with not a lot of perceived super stars is that we may escape FA this year without too many defections. It looks like Seattle is going to be partially dismantled this year.

Too bad for them...

Hawk Believer
03-13-2006, 07:39 PM
I think we have about 24 mil left in cap room. Hutch would now eat up about 13 or 15 mil. We just lost Jurevicius (to the Browns for a lower offer?) and Manuel. It sounds like we might get Lawyer Milloy back to Seattle. We really need a wideout and some DBs.

Looks like we should have put the full franchise tag on Hutch instead of the transition tag. Who knew a guard was gonna get such an offer?