PDA

View Full Version : What was your biggest misprediction this season?

SteelKnight
10-09-2010, 06:01 AM
I must admit I thought Marc Sanchez would be the big weakness for the Jets this year but what surprises me most is:

Kyle Orton leading the leage in passing. His name sounds like a nerd who picks corn. I never thought he was very good in Chicago and when he was traded and made a starter in Denver, I was baffled. i remember a preseason game last year he threw 4 picks.

No I would have never guessed Orton would be ahead of Manning, Brady, Brees Rivers and Rogers.

What's your biggest misprediction thus far?

Atlanta Dan
10-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Steelers to go 1-3 in the first 4 games - I predicted the only game of the 4 which would be a win would be at Tampa

I also thought the Jets would flop

steelerohio
10-09-2010, 05:29 PM
I thought the Bungles would be doing well after getting TO... :toofunny: I should have remembered they get called the bungles for a reason...

Stu Pidasso
10-09-2010, 06:33 PM
I predicted the Chiefs to go 3-13 all year...

MasterOfPuppets
10-09-2010, 07:19 PM
49'ers .... i thought this was the year they win their division...:doh:

tony hipchest
10-09-2010, 09:41 PM
brett favre.

i thought the vikings would pick up right where they left off.

i also thought jay cutler would look 10X better than last year.

bears fans are kicking themselves watching the success of kyle orton. he kinda reminds me of someone like rich gannon, or chris chandler who needs 5-6 years in the league and an honest shot to call a team their own, before they begin to showcase their talents.

MasterOfPuppets
10-09-2010, 11:00 PM
gotta give props to the chiefs D.... last year they finished 31st in rushing D , they currently sit at #5 .

Shea
10-10-2010, 01:11 AM

This would be mine also.

I'm surprised that they have yet to win a game.

But they are playing in primetime this week against the Eagles and that will be interesting.

9ers need a win and Kolb is on the hot seat. It might be one of those games of where it's so ugly it's actually good.

SteelKnight
10-10-2010, 04:17 AM
I thought the Bungles would be doing well after getting TO... :toofunny: I should have remembered they get called the bungles for a reason...

I know. I thought they would be better too. Last year they were overrated. Their offense was like 22nd. I am surprised at the lack of production from TO. He had a good week last week though. So much for Batman and Robin.

Yeah...Kind feel bad for them. That was an awesome Monday night game against the saits. They should have won. Then last week Clemmes looses the ball with less than 2 min to go after the pick. They should be at least 2 and 2. Poor Singletary. It's a bad division. I'm rooting for the Rams now. They lost a close one. They could be 3-1 now. They have a chance to go to 3-2 by beating Detroit.

brett favre.

i thought the vikings would pick up right where they left off.

i also thought jay cutler would look 10X better than last year.

bears fans are kicking themselves watching the success of kyle orton. he kinda reminds me of someone like rich gannon, or chris chandler who needs 5-6 years in the league and an honest shot to call a team their own, before they begin to showcase their talents.

Yeah...Orton is looking better than Cutler...lol so funny...but I know it is the O-line, and system.

Bret Farve. Now...the pressure is on. Before we were saying no Rice but now he will have Moss. He is not accurate any more. He just tosses it up there so he needs a guy like Moss or Rice who can go up and WIN the ball. lol

Shea
10-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Dallas is 1-3 and Chargers lost to the Raiders.

Dallas especially perplexes me, probably more so because of the media than the actual team.

Everytime I watch them I just don't get why so many seem to constantly believe that they are the cream of the crop.

Saints are struggling too. They haven't yet found the offensive dominance that was there last year and got their asses into the Super Bowl.

Fire Arians
10-17-2010, 08:22 PM
thinking ladanian tomlinson was finished and the jets were stupid to pick him up. looks like his career has been totally revived

thinking dennis dixon would play well

49ers dominating the nfc west

lionslicer
10-18-2010, 03:12 AM
Cheifs, Rams and Seahawks being .500 at this point in the season.
Rams have been very promising, they are still rebuilding, but get some weapons for that quarterback and they'll be in the playoffs in the near future

Fave throwing 7 interceptions... in 4 games.

Cowboys falling to 1-4

The Giants playing extremely poorly only winning games because of other team mistakes

The Raiders actually beating the Chargers... First time since 2003 or 2002?

And its week 6 and no coach has been fired yet.

lionslicer
10-18-2010, 03:16 AM
This would be mine also.

I'm surprised that they have yet to win a game.

But they are playing in primetime this week against the Eagles and that will be interesting.

9ers need a win and Kolb is on the hot seat. It might be one of those games of where it's so ugly it's actually good.

You people need to stay up to date on your NFL stats lol

49ers won today, and the Cowboys are 1-4 not 1-3 as someone said.
And the Rams are 3-3 not 2-3

sharkweek
10-18-2010, 04:49 AM
I predicted the Chiefs to go 3-13 all year...

technically could still happen :P

Haiku_Dirtt
10-18-2010, 02:49 PM
I must admit I thought Marc Sanchez would be the big weakness for the Jets this year but what surprises me most is:

Kyle Orton leading the leage in passing. His name sounds like a nerd who picks corn. I never thought he was very good in Chicago and when he was traded and made a starter in Denver, I was baffled. i remember a preseason game last year he threw 4 picks.

No I would have never guessed Orton would be ahead of Manning, Brady, Brees Rivers and Rogers.

What's your biggest misprediction thus far?

AND. Kyle Orton is either insane or has brass balls. Trying to tackle James Harrison running full speed with the football in a preseason game is about as rational as trying to regulate carbon emissions.

tony hipchest
10-19-2010, 10:16 AM
You people need to stay up to date on your NFL stats lol

49ers won today, and the Cowboys are 1-4 not 1-3 as someone said.
And the Rams are 3-3 not 2-3wtf??? :wtf:

maybe you need to stay up to date on the thread. "lol"

youre responding to a post a week old. :doh:

lionslicer
10-19-2010, 12:50 PM
wtf??? :wtf:

The time on the post was like an hour before I posted it but I didn't notice the date was different :P

Thanks for being an asshole to the kid who is dyslexic :'(

SteelKnight
10-20-2010, 02:04 AM
wtf??? :wtf:

lol...funny:sofunny: