PDA

View Full Version : Stefan Logan's 105 yd record tying return

tony hipchest
10-10-2010, 04:34 PM
see link for highlight vid.

while i dont regret keeping antonio brown, i still think it sucks we had to cut logan to do so.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b33856/article/logan-ties-lions-record-with-105yard-kick-return-vs-rams

DETROIT -- Stefan Logan tied the Lions' record for longest touchdown with a 105-yard kickoff return against the St. Louis Rams on Sunday.

Logan's return put the Lions ahead 10-3 in the second quarter and equaled the franchise mark set by Terry Fair in 1998 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, also on a kickoff return.

Logan paused briefly before bringing the ball out of the end zone. He appeared to almost be out of running room near his own 30-yard line, but he was able to find an opening and break free toward the right sideline.

The return was significantly longer than Detroit's last kickoff return for a touchdown, a 41-yarder by Casey FitzSimmons on an onside kick in 2007.

SH-Rock
10-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Yeah Stefan Logan wasn't the problem, everyone else was

MasterOfPuppets
10-10-2010, 05:40 PM
while i dont regret keeping antonio brown, i still think it sucks we had to cut logan to do so.

i'm still trying to figure out why battle is on the roster .....:popcorn:

SteelKnight
10-10-2010, 07:47 PM
see link for highlight vid.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b33856/article/logan-ties-lions-record-with-105yard-kick-return-vs-rams

He would have helped on punts...that's for sure.

I must say that a couple of weeks ago he cost his team a loss with a fumble against the Vikings though.

ZoneBlitzer
10-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah Stefan Logan wasn't the problem, everyone else was

I'd have to agree with that. Last year the offense squandered the excellent field position he gave the team. Added to that, was the team's refusal to use him on the offense.

Being an under-sized waterbug, I understand his limitations and all - but I still think that the Steelers generally misused and mishandled this athlete's potential.

Fire Arians
10-11-2010, 12:51 AM
no the problem was the rams suck. don't get too excited that logan did anything special

tony hipchest
10-11-2010, 01:07 AM
no the problem was the rams suck. don't get too excited that logan did anything special

logan never did that vs the bungles, browns, chiefs, raiders, etc. last year. :noidea:

the problem was we had the rams old special teams coach -ligashitthebedsky- (who was thankfully fired).

rams of this year >>>> steelers special teams of last year.

Best coaching decision: As he stood on the sidelines before the Tennessee game, Mike Tomlin asked new special teams coach Al Everest when he wanted to try the reverse kick return they had worked on during the week. "How about right now?" Everest said. Bingo. Brown took the opening kick 89 yards for a touchdown.

steeltheone
10-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Great Job Stefan....

vasteeler
10-11-2010, 03:46 PM
i dont remember....how many times did he return one for a td for us?

kirklandrules
10-11-2010, 06:08 PM
i dont remember....how many times did he return one for a td for us?

Yeah, he never quite took one all the way for us (in the regular season), which I don't think was his fault. But doesn't he own an average yards per return record for the Steelers? He couldn't suck that bad. :noidea: