PDA

View Full Version : Your least favorite Steeler of all time?

Steel Pit
03-13-2006, 05:53 AM
I know that it's difficult to hate on a Steeler but I'm sure you can name at least one.

I'm choosing Kordel Stewart. He was a P.B.M.F. like Man-O-Steel

PisnNapalm
03-13-2006, 06:07 AM
Neil Freaking O'Donnell

'nuff said. grrrr

daleemnm
03-13-2006, 06:43 AM
Plaxico

Hammer67
03-13-2006, 08:04 AM
Walter Abercrombie. The epitome of failing at everything there is to fail at in the running game. Although Bubby Brister is a close second for overall chumpness.

I agree...Bubby Brister!!! Remember that "Winds off the lake" commment? :dang:

I do have to say that even though I liked his play, I was not a fan of Kevin Greene. Especially that time in training camp where he took some kid's football and punted it. The kid was just looking for an autograph. What an *******.

Ohio Steeler
03-13-2006, 08:17 AM
hm this is a hard one but I am going to have to go with Bubby Brister that guy was a joke

mdhus
03-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Kordell Stewart.

83-Steelers-43
03-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Tie between Bubby and Kordell.

Mosca
03-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Kordell, #1 all time least favorite. O'Donnell is up there.

Booth Lustig was awful.

Greg Hawthorne has to be high on the list. And Willie "Fingernails" Frye.

And having seen Steve Courson once at a bar when he was drunk and pushing people around and making a scene, he'd be on that short list, for reasons other than on-the-field.

Dave Parker, Rod Scurry, Dale Berra, Jason Thompson, Kevin Koch... oh wait, they were Pirates and parrots.

Tom

SalukiSteelers
03-13-2006, 11:27 AM
O'Donnell in a landslide.

Prosdo
03-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Plax and Kordell probably

pitt
03-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Neil *%*&* O'Donnell

Stillers#1
03-13-2006, 12:39 PM
I gotta say Chad Brown, mainly because the day after i bought his jersey when I was a Freshman in high school, he signed with the ****in Hawks. That $50 jersey turned into my pick-up game jersey pretty quick, I don't think I ever got to wear it, other than to play football with.

Eric Green is a close second though, he used to be my favorite, but he was a prick when it came to signing autographs, I think he turned me down like 5 times.

pittsburgh$teelersfan
03-13-2006, 12:40 PM
plaxico and kordell

SteelerFanInCA
03-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Kordell Stewart buy a landslide.

Tremayne
03-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Kordell, O'Donnell, Maddox, Brister, Burress................a couple exciting monents, but they never quite did it for me.

pucho58
03-13-2006, 01:04 PM
I think his name is Cliff Stout. I'm not sure;he was the starting qb during the 80's. He signed with the usfl after we cut him.

PisnNapalm
03-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Did I mention Neil Freaking O'Donnell?

just making sure I got his name in here.... again. ;)

SteelCurtain
03-13-2006, 02:14 PM
I do have to say that even though I liked his play, I was not a fan of Kevin Greene. Especially that time in training camp where he took some kid's football and punted it. The kid was just looking for an autograph. What an *******.

I can't believe Greene did that, I met him once when i was probably 10 or 11 and he was very kind to my parents and I. He even took a picture with me...but as for my least favorite Steeler of all time, KORDELL. If he would have stayed as Slash or a WR, he would have been fine, but the man was not meant to be an NFL quarterback...thank god Tommy Gun showed up when he did...I don't care what he did this season I will always love him for killin the Wally Richardson, wait I mean Kordell era

ROYND1
03-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Troy Edwards is up there.What a waste of a high pick,we could of taken Kearse!!!Todd Peterson's short stint wasn't short enough that guy was horrible!!D.Washington and Chad Scott,I really started to hate those guys towards the end!!:chair:

drizze99
03-13-2006, 02:33 PM
I can name a few....

Korky Stewart
Ragin Cajun Brister
Abercrombie
Troy "big mouth" Edwards

Ward86MVP
03-13-2006, 03:28 PM
I have to stand up for Kevin Greene. He was a maniac on the field, and gentleman off it. My brother and I (we were 13 and 11 at the time) met him coming out of the team cafeteria at St. Vincent, and he sat down to talk with us while he ate his ice cream. He told us how important it was to stick together as brothers, that no matter what to keep our heads up as we grew up, and he signed our footballs. He probably spent 15-20 minutes with us. I will never forget that moment.

As far as the kid whose football he kicked, so many of the kids that show up to training camp are rude and disrespectful. Parents should take responsibility and teach the kids to approach players with "Mr.," not just shouting or screaming at the top of their lungs for someone to sign an autograph.

I think I have a few "least favorite" Steelers:

1. Neil O'Donnell (for crushing my dreams as a 13-year old getting to see the Steelers in the Super Bowl for the first time)
2. Bam Morris (for squandering his talent and his opportunity with drugs)
3. Gary Anderson (for ducking out to play golf after every training camp practice instead of signing a few autographs for little kids)

clevestinks
03-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Tim Worley or Bam Morris both were bust. I`ll never forget Morris scoring a Td against us, for baltimore, then thumping his chest with his fist, looking at Cowher. It seemed he was saying "Look what you lost" I hope Cowher was thinking " Your a drug addict dum @$$"

siss
03-13-2006, 06:23 PM
This thread is very funny to me. Your love is as intense as your hate. As much as you guys claim to love your steelers you can turn on them in the blink of an eye.

tony hipchest
03-13-2006, 06:38 PM
kevin gilbride

Stlrs4Life
03-13-2006, 07:15 PM
kevin gilbride

LOL! Can't believe nobody said Mark Malone yet! He would come off the field after thropwing an INT smiling and laughing about it. Well, I wasn't laughing at all! LOL! He stunk.

BB2W
03-13-2006, 08:00 PM
1. Burnt Alexander
2. Jamain Stephens
3. George Jones

Mr. Clean
03-13-2006, 09:19 PM
Nobdy mentioned Harvey Clayton. He deserves to be one of the lousiest Steelers of all time. Add in Scott Shields.

Malone was horrid. The more he played, the worse he became.

Bobby Walden
Roy Gerela
Sidney Thornton
(for my dad) Richard (Bad Word) Shiner
Korkie
Dave Trout

Tim
03-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Hmm...

Let's see... I can't believe you guys hate the Bubster.. he was a riot, too bad that wasn't his job.

My least favorite Steelers:

Cliff Stoudt, man, this guy was dumb. I mean they made fun of Bradshaw in his day, but Stoudt made Bradshaw (heh.. and the Bubster), look like frickin' Rhodes scholars

Delton Hall... we used to call him "Toast", which should be self-explainatory

Dwight Stone... note to scouts, never draft a receiver with the last name of "Stone"

Stlrs4Life
03-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Hmm...

Let's see... I can't believe you guys hate the Bubster.. he was a riot, too bad that wasn't his job.

My least favorite Steelers:

Cliff Stoudt, man, this guy was dumb. I mean they made fun of Bradshaw in his day, but Stoudt made Bradshaw (heh.. and the Bubster), look like frickin' Rhodes scholars

Delton Hall... we used to call him "Toast", which should be self-explainatory

Dwight Stone... note to scouts, never draft a receiver with the last name of "Stone"

Delton Hall could definately hit though!

Steelillini
03-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Troy Edwards

MNsteelers
03-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Have you guys forgotten about Troy Edwards?!? He flicked my brother and I off at a Vikings game in 01 (preseason) and we were each wearing his jersey! Probably the only two that sold...

Edwards. Easily. I really didn't like Todd Fordham, either, but he barely counts as being a player.

Suitanim
03-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Scott Shields
Jeremy Staat
Jamaim Stephens
Huey Richardson
Troy Edwards

Honorable mention: Can't Graham

MNsteelers
03-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Scott Shields
Jeremy Staat
Jamaim Stephens
Huey Richardson
Troy Edwards

Honorable mention: Can't Graham

HA! I forgot about Graham...

MNsteelers
03-14-2006, 07:24 PM
HA! I forgot about Graham...

He makes Maddox look like Johnny f'n Unitas

Mosca
03-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Nobdy mentioned Harvey Clayton. He deserves to be one of the lousiest Steelers of all time. Add in Scott Shields.

Malone was horrid. The more he played, the worse he became.

Bobby Walden
Roy Gerela
Sidney Thornton
(for my dad) Richard (Bad Word) Shiner
Korkie
Dave Trout

Oh man, thanks for reminding me of Sid Thornton; if I'd have remembered him I would have definitely listed him next to Greg Hawthorne.

Walden was a pretty good punter in the '60s'; he was at the end of his days when the spotlight turned on him in the mid '70s.

Gerela was the first good field goal kicker we ever had. He had a few good years, but stuck around 2 years too long.

Zez
03-14-2006, 10:29 PM
This thread is great. Hmmm....let's see, most hated...

Well, Neil O'Donnell is a given for me, especially since I was in USAF Tech School during that Super Bowl in Mississippi, and Nothing but Dallas fans were around, and O'Donnell really f*cked that up for us, and I hated all the fans giving me crap.

Not so much Bubby Brister for his playing ability, but when he got us on the verge of the playoffs, or into the playoffs, everytime he was hit or threw a bad pass, they kept showing his damn mom on TV all worried and crying, and it really got annoying, jeez, that was worse than Kurt Warner's wife!

I can't say I was a Rick Strom fan, he was a waste. Other wastes and hated players of mine included:

Tim Worley, Chad Scott, and HOLY CRAP......BARRY FREAKIN FOSTER, one good season, then a complete FLOP.

Avoid Lloyd
03-14-2006, 10:45 PM
It's kinda funny....when I think of Stewart anymore all I can think about is when he signed with the Ravens.

When a reporter asked him if he was happy to be with the Ravens he started talking about how much he likes their uniforms and the purple in them, LOL.

When I saw that I just thought "man this guy really IS gay."

sumo
09-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Magnum PI Malone was just like Kordell -- incredible athletes that could not play the QB position with any consistency...between Bradhsaw and Big Ben, all the QBS have been average to mediocre with the exception of maybe one good year here and there from Stewart or ODonnell -- Woodley? Stoudt? Graham? Tomczak? Brister? - wow - too bad about Kordell -- he could have been Randle El before Randle El

But without a doubt, the one thing I could not take was Gerela's kicking in the 70s -- even as a kid I could not understand why the Steelers would hold onto a kicker that misses 2 extra points in the Super Bowl -- has to rank up there as one of the worst kickers of all time...

Preacher
09-13-2006, 07:44 PM
You all have good arguments... but I have to list two...

In general, it is Bam Morris. He was set for stardom. Starting behind an offensive line that could move the titanic. What happens? He gets busted for drugs. What an idiot.

The upside to that however... Jerome Bettis came to Pittsburgh!

In particular.. because of two plays... No, not Neil O'Donnell.... Yancey Thigpen... If memory serves me correctly, both plays were defensive blitzes. O'Donnell threw the "Hot Route" pass, but Thigpen blindely kept running the original route, instead of reading the blitz and running the Hot Route.

Sad... because I really liked Thigpen otherwise (If anyone has the tape... please look at it again. My memory could be tricking me on this, but I believe it was Thigpen running the route).

Preacher
09-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Magnum PI Malone was just like Kordell -- incredible athletes that could not play the QB position with any consistency...b

I truly think the problem wasn't Kordell, it was the fact that the OC's kept trying to make him a pocket passer, which he was not. Had Pittsburgh hired a QB coach and a OC that played to his strengths, I think he would have been much more effective then Tommy Maddox.

Thank goodness it didn't work out like that though... Maddox's failure gave us the high draft pick and Big Ben!

SteelCzar76
09-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Kordell without a doubt is my least favorite Steeler of all time.The dude was Clown shoes. And it has nothing to do with coaching, play calling or lack of oppurtunity,....he was a complete moron with a Fawn's heart. Neil, Chard, Da lame, and Burnt Alexander and Tom Donahoe are all tied for second place. I Can't really Knock Bubby,.....i never expected much out of him anyway.

"Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"

1fastprototype
09-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Without a doubt it has to be Bubby Brister for me, If I see his mom crying one more time I think I will throw up.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-13-2006, 10:39 PM
PLEXIGLASS BURRASS... if a guy 6-5 or whatever could jump more than a width of paper we beat the Pats in AFC championship game and we would not have to keep hearing about championship game losses from their fans. Talk about potential... if he ever lives up to half of his it would be a miracle!!!

Man_Of_Steel
09-13-2006, 11:05 PM
This thread is very funny to me. Your love is as intense as your hate. As much as you guys claim to love your steelers you can turn on them in the blink of an eye.

That is so true. A player can be the greatest thing since sliced bread at one moment, then the next thing you know everyone has changed their minds and the hatefest starts. Kordell was loved by everyone at one point, look at it now, LOL!

noto45
09-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Kornhole Stewart

LambertLunatic
09-13-2006, 11:09 PM
There were a lot of different guys mentioned already, and they did all suck. I dislike poor play as much as the next guy, but I find it hard to hate a guy simply because of his lack of talent. Hell, every one of the guys mentioned had far more talent than I ever had. At least they had enough to make it to the pros, even if for a short time.

Although the Steelers have had many players with loads of talent, it is the Steeler Attitude that keeps me a fan. For this reason, I'm only listing players that had character issues.

Bam Morris
Jamaim Stephens
Joe Gilliam
Carlton Haselrig

Mamaduck43
09-13-2006, 11:22 PM
There were a lot of different guys mentioned already, and they did all suck. I dislike poor play as much as the next guy, but I find it hard to hate a guy simply because of his lack of talent. Hell, every one of the guys mentioned had far more talent than I ever had. At least they had enough to make it to the pros, even if for a short time.

Although the Steelers have had many players with loads of talent, it is the Steeler Attitude that keeps me a fan. For this reason, I'm only listing players that had character issues.

Bam Morris
Jamaim Stephens
Joe Gilliam
Carlton Haselrig

Your list makes me very sad.... Such outstanding talents squandered away.......

I.C. Lights
09-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Bam Morris, definitely and Charles Rodgers - such disappointments at a time when we were so close to being great.

ARKIESTEEL
09-14-2006, 07:06 AM
Bubby Brister

Elvis
09-14-2006, 07:08 AM
I honestly think that I can say that Thigpen made alot of good plays Preacher, alot more good than bad for our team.. Kordell.... you either loved the kid or you hated him. Plaxico is one of the most overrated players that is in the league right now... he has all the tools to have been as good as Randy Moss... but he doesnt have Moss's work ethic, say what ya want to, but Moss is a great athlete and a good reciever..
My most unliked player in Steelers memory for me? Mark Malone
I cant believe no one has mentioned his name yet.... he lost the AFC Tittle game for us against the Dolphins in Marino's only super bowl year... can anyone remember that game?

HometownGal
09-14-2006, 07:32 AM
I'd have to say Bam Morris or Eric Green. Both had talent but wasted it, imho.

For those of you raggin' on the Bubster - if any of you had ever met him and spent time with him, you'd have a totally different opinion, believe me. He's a great guy off the field, extremely intelligent believe it or not and a helluva lot of fun! :bouncy: Sometimes his on field play left a little to be desired, but he never touted himself as a great QB or a "future HOF'r" - he just enjoyed playing football. :cool:

Spidey
09-14-2006, 07:54 AM
Todd Blackledge, we really were clutching at straws in those days!!!

Lyn
09-14-2006, 08:30 AM
In recent Times,

Ah yes, the best wide receiver to never play the position I would have to also say Kordell. Electrifying player, poor quarterback.

davidgrenier
09-14-2006, 10:32 AM
That is so true. A player can be the greatest thing since sliced bread at one moment, then the next thing you know everyone has changed their minds and the hatefest starts. Kordell was loved by everyone at one point, look at it now, LOL!

Sounds like another rabid sports nation... Red Sox Nation. They seem to have a pathological need to hate at least one of their Dominican players at a time. First it was Pedro, then Manny. If many Sox fans get their wish and Manny leaves, I garauntee they'll all turn on Big Papi.

Lyn
09-14-2006, 10:52 AM
I have to admit much of disdain of Kordell stems from going to many a game soending mucho bucks only to see him bomb again. I held a hope alive for years that the next game would be better, so I kept spending money. In my case that meant not only tickets but also a motel.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-14-2006, 10:54 AM
You all have good arguments... but I have to list two...

In general, it is Bam Morris. He was set for stardom. Starting behind an offensive line that could move the titanic. What happens? He gets busted for drugs. What an idiot.

The upside to that however... Jerome Bettis came to Pittsburgh!

In particular.. because of two plays... No, not Neil O'Donnell.... Yancey Thigpen... If memory serves me correctly, both plays were defensive blitzes. O'Donnell threw the "Hot Route" pass, but Thigpen blindely kept running the original route, instead of reading the blitz and running the Hot Route.

Sad... because I really liked Thigpen otherwise (If anyone has the tape... please look at it again. My memory could be tricking me on this, but I believe it was Thigpen running the route).

I believe it was Andre Hastings who ran the route and actually made an adjustment based on coverage...Neil threw the ball into double coverage based on where he thought Hasting SHOULD have been.

Jamain Stephens is my pick ...just because he was a first round pick that we got NO production from..NOT ONE GOOD PLAY!!!

Steel12
09-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Tommy Maddox

83-Steelers-43
09-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Plaxico Burress (reasons on and off the field)

PisnNapalm
09-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Neil Freaking O'Donnell

stlrtruck
09-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Bubby Brister

RoethlisBURGHer
09-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Plax and Korkie in an avalanche.

LetsRock
09-14-2006, 01:37 PM
I don't understand why everyone hates Neil O'Donnell???? I always thought he was one of the best. When he came off the bench and took over as the starter, I was cheering. They man was an awesome QB! The worst would have to be Chad Scott. He was never a good CB.

MasterOfPuppets
09-14-2006, 01:38 PM
anybody remember scoop gillespie?

sumo
09-14-2006, 01:39 PM
I honestly think that I can say that Thigpen made alot of good plays Preacher, alot more good than bad for our team.. Kordell.... you either loved the kid or you hated him. Plaxico is one of the most overrated players that is in the league right now... he has all the tools to have been as good as Randy Moss... but he doesnt have Moss's work ethic, say what ya want to, but Moss is a great athlete and a good reciever..
My most unliked player in Steelers memory for me? Mark Malone
I cant believe no one has mentioned his name yet.... he lost the AFC Tittle game for us against the Dolphins in Marino's only super bowl year... can anyone remember that game?

Look at post number 41 -- I put Magnum PI Malone right at the beginning of my comment -- I do remember the AFC Title game against Miami -- we had just gone in and beaten John Elway in Denver -- Marino was good that year... but you're right Malone minus the bomb he threw to Stallworth didn't play well ...what about Gerela from the 70s? -- I have only seen him mentioned a couple of times in this thread -and he was freakin horrible!!!

Preacher
09-14-2006, 01:42 PM
I believe it was Andre Hastings who ran the route and actually made an adjustment based on coverage...Neil threw the ball into double coverage based on where he thought Hasting SHOULD have been.

Jamain Stephens is my pick ...just because he was a first round pick that we got NO production from..NOT ONE GOOD PLAY!!!

Like I said, my memory could be failing me on that... For some reason I thought it was Thigpen. I am happy if it is not... cause I really liked him. Af for Niel O'Donnell making the wrong adjustment... well... Just look at the absolutely great career he had after leaving the Steelers.... it just HAD to be the recievers fault! (Please... hear the sarcasm!).

sumo
09-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Todd Blackledge, we really were clutching at straws in those days!!!

I totally forgot about this dude -- you're right!! -- I thought he was going to be awesome from watching him in college -- what a bust!!

Mosca
09-14-2006, 01:50 PM
But without a doubt, the one thing I could not take was Gerela's kicking in the 70s -- even as a kid I could not understand why the Steelers would hold onto a kicker that misses 2 extra points in the Super Bowl -- has to rank up there as one of the worst kickers of all time...

The two kickers before Gerela...

Booth Lustig 8 of 20 (29%) in '68, 26 of 29 extra points (under 90%!)
Gene Mingo 17 of 44 over 2 years, '69 and '70 (39%), at least he made all his PATs

Following what truly must have been two of the worst kickers in NFL history, Gerela went 111 for 161 from '71 to '75, including only missing 6 kicks from inside 30 yards over that 5 year period and only missing 2 PATs in his first 5 years. He led the AFC in scoring in '73 and '74, was a Pro Bowl selection in '73 and '75.

After that a series of nagging injuries limited his effectiveness and shortened his kickoffs; Gerela was the first Steelers kicker to consistently put the ball into the endzone on kickoffs, but toward the end of the '70s he was lucky to get them inside the 10 yardline.

IMO Gerela was a Steeler all the way. He was a crucial piece of the '70s dynasty.

Sources: http://www.databasefootball.com, wiki

austin-charles
09-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Bubby Brister vs Maddox

kinda like

Beeves vs Butthead

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Like I said, my memory could be failing me on that... For some reason I thought it was Thigpen. I am happy if it is not... cause I really liked him. Af for Niel O'Donnell making the wrong adjustment... well... Just look at the absolutely great career he had after leaving the Steelers.... it just HAD to be the recievers fault! (Please... hear the sarcasm!).

Dont hold me to it...but I am 98.5% sure...maybe some others can help us out...I am sure that it was either Hastings or Mills...Does anyone remember ???? I am going to stick with Hastings as the WR....But if anyone knows differently please let us know.

sumo
09-14-2006, 04:06 PM
The two kickers before Gerela...

Booth Lustig 8 of 20 (29%) in '68, 26 of 29 extra points (under 90%!)
Gene Mingo 17 of 44 over 2 years, '69 and '70 (39%), at least he made all his PATs

Following what truly must have been two of the worst kickers in NFL history, Gerela went 111 for 161 from '71 to '75, including only missing 6 kicks from inside 30 yards over that 5 year period and only missing 2 PATs in his first 5 years. He led the AFC in scoring in '73 and '74, was a Pro Bowl selection in '73 and '75.

After that a series of nagging injuries limited his effectiveness and shortened his kickoffs; Gerela was the first Steelers kicker to consistently put the ball into the endzone on kickoffs, but toward the end of the '70s he was lucky to get them inside the 10 yardline.

IMO Gerela was a Steeler all the way. He was a crucial piece of the '70s dynasty.

Sources: http://www.databasefootball.com, wiki

I was a kid and I won't look at his stats - because I know without looking - he was good until you look at anything over 30 yards --that's where he was terrible -- the kicker on the highest scoring team will always be near the top in scoring -- I remember him missing key kicks in so many big games -- I guess I caught him at the end of his career and plus I really don't like kickers in general -- so I will give you that much and shut my huge yapper

Da Question
09-14-2006, 05:28 PM
odonnell ( that supperbowl i could have sworn he was a cowboy that night)
and tommy maddox i never got over last season with the game losing pic against jacksonville. or a few seasons back against the ravens. scramblin for a first and the ball just fell out his hands. I swear he got the hands of a 5 yr old.

Elvis
09-14-2006, 06:01 PM
I dont know if he still has it, but O'Donnell had the best TD to INT ratio of all time at one time. Does that still stand? Mark Malone cost us a Super Bowl appearance... he was the worst.... Our biggest 1st Round Bust Ever, in my opinion, was OT Tom Ricketts. He was drafted the same year as RB Tim Worley out of GA. What a waste of 2 Number 1 picks..

Rotty3749
09-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Before the Jax game last year I would of had to say Bam Morris for his off field antics. Now that I live in Jax and had to watch the joke of a performance Maddox put on in that game it is definitely Tommy Maddox now.

Stlrs4Life
09-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Tie between Mark Malone and Kordell. Malone would throw a INT and come off of the field towards Noll and seem to be smiling about it when nobody else was smiling or laughing about it! Kordell for being so selfish.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-15-2006, 12:46 PM
odonnell ( that supperbowl i could have sworn he was a cowboy that night)
and tommy maddox i never got over last season with the game losing pic against jacksonville. or a few seasons back against the ravens. scramblin for a first and the ball just fell out his hands. I swear he got the hands of a 5 yr old.

Maddox gets honorable mention from me due to the Texans game from a couple of years back....That might be the worst game I have ever seen

Midnightwriter07
09-15-2006, 01:19 PM
you could add to that list ...

For me personally it was O Donnell ... alot of guys i felt played better than they actually were.. Kordell included for a short period of time. The guys who didnt work out or had character probs i am not even going to list.

O Donell for me cause i thought he was in the perfect situation and perfect system for him .. he could have been IMO a starter for the Steelers for a good 10 years or so and we prolly could have done a little better during those periods after we left.. That being said, his demeaner in the Super Bowl, his non shalant attitude and his lack of desire is why to me he wasnt as successful as he could have been. That Super Bowl was the biggest thing to most Steelers fans sice sliced bread cause had been so long and then we are matched up against our arch rival pretty boy Cowboys none the less... perfect stage for him to be a legend and i even had my licence plate with his number on it..... i was so let down by his performance and then taking off to the Jets that i swore each time i saw him on t.v. i was hoping somone would knock the crap out of him.

cmdrfunk
09-15-2006, 02:06 PM
I was only 10 or 11 when Bubby was playing. What did he ever do that makes him hated? His mom was dumb?

Midnightwriter07
09-15-2006, 04:13 PM
I was in my teens then, but i remember Brister acting stupid after throwing interceptions, i rememeber specifically in a playoff game him taking his helmut off and throwing it on the ground ... I personally just didnt think he was that talented to begin with.. not sure what the expectations were at that time of him.

OneForTheToe
09-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Bubby wasn't the brightest nor the most talented, but I always thought he played hard. O' Donnell, did get us to a SB, even if he did play poorly. Even Malone, Tommy and Kordell had their moments, and attitude aside, I thought put forth the effort.

Having the skill to play in the NFL is a gift, and those that throw that gift away are wasting something the rest of us can only dream about. That's why my least favorite Steelers are Barry Foster and Carlton Hasselrig. Foster had an unbelievable season and then just quit. Hasselrig had an amazing gift, from division II wrestler to an All-Pro (guard?) in the NFL -
and he wasted it for what?????????

Both of these guys through away what the rest of us can only dream about.

Hammer67
09-15-2006, 04:55 PM
I have to stand up for Kevin Greene. He was a maniac on the field, and gentleman off it. My brother and I (we were 13 and 11 at the time) met him coming out of the team cafeteria at St. Vincent, and he sat down to talk with us while he ate his ice cream. He told us how important it was to stick together as brothers, that no matter what to keep our heads up as we grew up, and he signed our footballs. He probably spent 15-20 minutes with us. I will never forget that moment.

As far as the kid whose football he kicked, so many of the kids that show up to training camp are rude and disrespectful. Parents should take responsibility and teach the kids to approach players with "Mr.," not just shouting or screaming at the top of their lungs for someone to sign an autograph.

I think I have a few "least favorite" Steelers:

1. Neil O'Donnell (for crushing my dreams as a 13-year old getting to see the Steelers in the Super Bowl for the first time)
2. Bam Morris (for squandering his talent and his opportunity with drugs)
3. Gary Anderson (for ducking out to play golf after every training camp practice instead of signing a few autographs for little kids)

Say what you want but that story was covered in the Post Gazette pretty thoroughly. I lost all respect for Greene after that. I can understand being harassed out on the town or being at dinner with your wife and not wanting to sign but when you are at training camp, autographs for kids are part of the territory. That's just f*cking rude. Excuse my french.

MattsMe
09-15-2006, 05:06 PM
I don't think I can pick one, not there are that many though. But Bam comes awfully close to being my least favorite. Dude was a bruiser, and pissed it away. Plax is another one I never really liked.

Stillers#1
09-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Eric Green, hands down, that guy was a tool.

SteelCity83
09-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Its gotta be O'Donnell.. still think he was paid!!!

LambertIsGod58
09-16-2006, 09:55 AM
O'Donnell and Stewart head my list...Dishonorable Mention goes to Roy Gerela, for the fact he once threw a full soda can at Lambert striking him in the face requiring stitches.

LambertIsGod58
09-17-2006, 08:56 AM
I haven't really ever been a Duce fan either......

SteelersFreak
09-17-2006, 09:08 AM
Dewayne Washington and Chad Scott.

I cringe when I think of them.

shevdog
09-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Bubby Brister, Chris Brown, Graham...

I did like Bam as a running back, yet he was a total fool off the field.