PDA

View Full Version : Black and Yellow.

Steel-Bryan
10-11-2010, 01:12 AM
Pittsburgh native Wiz Khalifa's New music video

Black And Yellow :

UePtoxDhJSw&ob

Lamarr Woodleys in the video @ 1:43 . And towards the end theres terrible towels EVERYWHERE

grinch111
10-11-2010, 01:20 AM
Nice link, I've actually heard alot about this dude lately. I like his swag

Steel-Bryan
10-11-2010, 01:26 AM

ive known about him for about 2 years now, hes going to be huge in about a year

Fate
10-11-2010, 01:30 AM
He's already pretty huge man. Flight School got him pretty popular. He gets MTV airtime w/ This Plane, won MTVs breakout artist, and B&Y is currently the most viewed new vid on MTV.com or something. He's also got hundreds of thousands of followers on twitter. He got a shout out from Lebron few weeks ago and Diddy today. He's on the map.

tony hipchest
10-11-2010, 01:37 AM
pgh bias aside, i gotta admit... thats pretty tight and catchy.

not exactly my shit, but should have mass appeal, get good rotation in da clubs, and possibe exposure on national airwaves.

EDIT-

He's already pretty huge man. Flight School got him pretty popular. He gets MTV airtime w/ This Plane, won MTVs breakout artist, and B&Y is currently the most viewed new vid on MTV.com or something. He's also got hundreds of thousands of followers on twitter. He got a shout out from Lebron few weeks ago and Diddy today. He's on the map.

hmmm... i had no idea. good for him, and good job reppin pittsburgh (especially the steelers). :tt02:

SoCalFan
10-11-2010, 02:57 AM
I prefer BLACK AND GOLD!!!Not really the way I like seein the Steelers repped.Those people are not even fans,fake a$$ busters,kinda like all the gang bangers here in L.A. wearing raider gear,just because.Sorry to be a downer....

SteelCityMom
10-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I prefer BLACK AND GOLD!!!Not really the way I like seein the Steelers repped.Those people are not even fans,fake a$$ busters,kinda like all the gang bangers here in L.A. wearing raider gear,just because.Sorry to be a downer....

Gotta disagree with you on this. For one, this is Pittsburgh, not fake ass LA. Secondly, you're not a fake ass fan when you make a video reppin' the Steelers while wearing a Pirates hat.

And sorry, but if you skim through his music (which I'm not a big rap fan, but I've heard some of his stuff), there's nothing to suggest that he (or his fans) are nothing but "gang-bangers". In fact, he comes from a family where both parents served in the military.

Had the pleasure of hosting him at our club back in '05 for a hip-hop night as well. He's a pretty cool dude. Definitely brought a good, laid back crowd with him too (can't say that for all the hip-hop events we hosted).

Just sayin. Maybe you shouldn't judge someone too quickly.

SteelKnight
10-11-2010, 02:54 PM
I voted no because I don't tink it is catchy enough. There are parts that are good...like the "Aha...black and yellow" wich could be played in the Stadium but the song in its entirety...nah. If a song should prepresent the Steelers, I think it should be focused on the Steelers and not the whole town (Pirates, etc).

It's not much worse than the "Oh mamma I've been found out, i'm really scared" Renegade nonsense...lol

Steel-Bryan
10-11-2010, 04:38 PM

all the dudes in this video are kids from pittsburgh, sorry to be a downer .

mesaSteeler
10-11-2010, 05:55 PM
What do I think of it? First we are Black and Gold not Black and Yellow. Two I think I will borrow a quote from the Last Boy Scout.

Milo: You think you're so fn' cool, don't you? You think you're so fn' cool. Well just once, I would like to hear you scream, in pain.

Joe Hallenbeck (Bruce Willis) : Play some rap music.

harts
10-11-2010, 09:17 PM
I am what you would call a "industry person" in the Hip Hop Music Industry (what's left of it anyway...... that is :coffee: anyway) - A long time Steeler Fan

this is a wonderful record - This Whiz Kid is well known in the Hip Hop world. He's not really a gang banger type of dude

He smokes weed a lot though - call him a weed head if you want that would be more accurate

Just because a kid wears his pants low doesnt mean he is a gangbanger - get a grip

This record will blow up - right now he has 140,000 views - it will easily go over a million in a few months

Steeler Anthem - Definitely for the Hip Hop Community - rest of America?
Who knows

MasterOfPuppets
10-11-2010, 09:45 PM
how exactly does this song relate to the steelers ? :noidea:

SteelCityMom
10-11-2010, 10:24 PM
how exactly does this song relate to the steelers ? :noidea:

It's not necessarily for just the Steelers. It's for the entire city...and yes, Wiz is a huge Steelers fan. (Note the plethora of TT's in the vid).

Plus Lamarr is in the vid briefly...and the dude (Wiz) really is just cool. I bet most of the guys in the locker room have already been diggin' on it.

MasterOfPuppets
10-11-2010, 10:28 PM
It's not necessarily for just the Steelers. It's for the entire city...and yes, Wiz is a huge Steelers fan. (Note the plethora of TT's in the vid).

Plus Lamarr is in the vid briefly...and the dude (Wiz) really is just cool. I bet most of the guys in the locker room have already been diggin' on it.
well the poll question is "should this be the new steeler anthem" .... if its not even about the steelers, why in the hell should it be considered a steeler anthem ?

SteelCityMom
10-11-2010, 10:39 PM
well the poll question is "should this be the new steeler anthem" .... if its not even about the steelers, why in the hell should it be considered a steeler anthem ?

Someone had mentioned in the thread I closed that MTV has pretty much deemed this the new Steelers anthem. I personally vote no (for kind of the same reasons as you), even though I like the guy....and the video is cool.

I though it was a better poll question than if you liked the song, yes or no, honestly. That's all.

P.S. I hate MTV and take no responsibility for what they say.

Also, I have to say, people who are from Pittsburgh and are into hip-hop are eating this shit up.

Pittsburgh43
10-12-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm 21 years old and from Pittsburgh so this is right up my alley. I've been listening to Wiz Khalifa since late 2006 -early 2007. In July of 2007, I attended a concert at Mellon Arena called WAMO Summer Jam and the headliner was music superstar Lil Wayne. And guess who the opening act was? Wiz Khalifa. Wiz represents Pittsburgh to the fullest in his music, he loves the city. He has a song called "Pittsburgh Sound", you can look up the vid on Youtube.
SCMom was right, he is in no way a gang-banger. He's a military brat.
But Wiz always has a Pittsburgh hat on and a big Pittsburgh "P" on a chain around his neck. I'm pretty sure he even has 412 tatted on his chest or back. So you can not question his love for the city of Pittsburgh and the teams from Pittsburgh.
I, for one, love the song and have been blaring it through Pittsburgh the last couple weeks. Congrats Wiz for making it big and representing Pittsburgh well.

Go Steelers!!

SteelersinCA
10-13-2010, 12:54 AM
I, for one, love how he has the "P" in the pirates logo upside down. I'm not sure if his intention is the same as if the American flag is upside down, but it would be very fitting.

SacknificentStew56
10-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Wiz has been around for a few years and this would be great as our new Anthem.

SacknificentStew56
10-15-2010, 07:08 PM

Yeah, that Flight School joint is lovely. Gotta re-burn it cause it's scratched from being played so damn much.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-15-2010, 08:01 PM
What do I think of it? First we are Black and Gold not Black and Yellow. Two I think I will borrow a quote from the Last Boy Scout.

Milo: You think you're so fn' cool, don't you? You think you're so fn' cool. Well just once, I would like to hear you scream, in pain.

Joe Hallenbeck (Bruce Willis) : Play some rap music.

DITTO. Rap sucks.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-15-2010, 08:03 PM
SCMom was right, he is in no way a gang-banger. He's a military brat.
Go Steelers!!

So what if he was a military brat? I knew plenty of gangbangers still IN the military...I knew a few guys at 32nd Street Naval Station who went around stealing car stereo's from cars parked on base during the day. I knew a guy who was dealing meth out of his house in base housing. A few years back, they busted up a prostitution/meth ring in the 33 area housing on Camp Pendleton. I had to arrest a Marine that was having an argument with his wife while driving around on base, both twacked out on meth, and he saw fit to elbow her in the jaw and knocked her out of the car (she came into the ER at Naval Hospital road rashed to hell).

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Can't even play the video anymore-- Warner Brothers already stepped in to protect their intellectual property.....

The mark of good musicians? They can actually perform live and don't depend on CD/album sales to earn their keep, and WANT fans to distribute their music, free or otherwise.

The quality of music has declined the last few decades because making music has become more of a money-venture to draw mass appeal, rather than creating a sophisticated and musically talented piece of art. The sad part? Most of today's top 20 pop musicians can actually play better music-- I remember watching the Haiti benefit concert and wondering "Why don't they play piano or guitar like that in any of their albums?" Answer: because it isn't about making good music anymore-- it is about selling hit singles and making garbage that will appeal to the masses, thus generating $$$$.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Okay, I'll come down off my high horse. Sorry about that.....

fer522
10-15-2010, 08:41 PM
link is down sucks

Steelersbaby83
10-15-2010, 09:29 PM

me to

Steelersbaby83
10-15-2010, 09:30 PM
STAIR WAY TO # 7

SteelCityMom
10-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Can't even play the video anymore-- Warner Brothers already stepped in to protect their intellectual property.....

The mark of good musicians? They can actually perform live and don't depend on CD/album sales to earn their keep, and WANT fans to distribute their music, free or otherwise.

The quality of music has declined the last few decades because making music has become more of a money-venture to draw mass appeal, rather than creating a sophisticated and musically talented piece of art. The sad part? Most of today's top 20 pop musicians can actually play better music-- I remember watching the Haiti benefit concert and wondering "Why don't they play piano or guitar like that in any of their albums?" Answer: because it isn't about making good music anymore-- it is about selling hit singles and making garbage that will appeal to the masses, thus generating $$$$.

He isn't with Warner Bros. anymore, and this is a single off his new album (under Rostram Records...I think that's what it's called).

He performs very well live, and brings a very cool crown along with him. He played a a venue I co-owned back in '05. His was one of two hip-hop shows we did that I actually enjoyed. Very cool dude too. Major pothead (as someone mentioned), but very cool guy nonetheless.

Here's a live performance of the song (in Philly) since the other one was taken down.

VlMOcuebnHI

Steel-Bryan
10-16-2010, 12:53 AM
He isn't with Warner Bros. anymore, and this is a single off his new album (under Rostram Records...I think that's what it's called).

He performs very well live, and brings a very cool crown along with him. He played a a venue I co-owned back in '05. His was one of two hip-hop shows we did that I actually enjoyed. Very cool dude too. Major pothead (as someone mentioned), but very cool guy nonetheless.

Here's a live performance of the song (in Philly) since the other one was taken down.

VlMOcuebnHI

he signed to atlantic, AND HES NOT A GANGBANGER, he just smokes alot of weed.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-16-2010, 12:58 AM

I believe you, I was just commenting that the link said Warner Brothers shutdown the video and you have to pay them $5.99 to see it (in hindsight, I am glad I didn't).

That was good music? Maybe I just lack the capability to appreciate gangster rap....

SteelCityMom
10-16-2010, 02:02 AM

Never said he was...I know he isn't. And I didn't mean pothead in a bad way lol...I used to smoke a lot of weed back in the day too. Was just saying that I knew (firsthand) that he does..a lot lol.

I'm not big on rap, but he's definitely not "gangsta rap". Like I've said, he's a real cool dude, with a real cool crowd. I'd never go out and buy his stuff, cause it's not my thing, but out of all the hip hop nights we hosted (and a lot of the metal/punk nights too), his was by far one of the smoothest in all aspects. 3 chicks running a club don't get a lot of respect from many people, he and his friends showed us a lot...so yeah, that stuck with me. Hope he enjoys a successful career!

MDSteel15
10-16-2010, 09:34 AM
AS somebody who listens to everything from Bluegrass to Rap to Classical music, I voted no on the basis that it never mentions the Steelers and Chuck D wasn't in there! :thumbsup: But it wasn't bad, had a nice beat :noidea:

mulldog24
10-16-2010, 11:50 AM
IDK about a steelers anthem but I would love to be in Hienz field with this vid on the big screen watching the boys bang some heads!!!!!!!!

Lady Steel
10-17-2010, 12:40 PM
I think it's catchy, too, but I don't think it should be the Steelers Anthem. Dude must not like the Penguins. What's up with that?