PDA

View Full Version : Winning while off

mesaSteeler
10-11-2010, 12:40 AM
NFL from the sidelines

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.

Winning while off
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

The Steelers were a big winner on Sunday despite being off.

How so?

Looking around this league after Sunday's action and you have to ask yourself, who exactly is any good?

OK, Baltimore is good, but the Steelers already went toe-to-toe with the Ravens sans Ben Roethlisberger.

Tennessee went into Dallas and beat the Cowboys and now own wins at Dallas and the Giants, but the Steelers have already beaten Tennessee.

The NFC may not have one good team, though Atlanta has gotten off to a good start and now looks like the favorite.

But again, the Steelers have beaten the Falcons - without Roethlisberger.

With San Diego losing at Oakland, ending a 13-game winning streak against the Raiders, the AFC shapes up like the Steelers, Ravens and Jets, with Indianapolis clinging precariously to a spot among those teams, and then everybody else.

tony hipchest
10-11-2010, 12:59 AM
after a 9-7 tie and split with the ravens was the difference in making the playoffs last year, and missing them, i see no positives to take from this weekend after the loss last week.

a 12-4 (or even better) record with a tie could still be the difference between a #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs and #5.

SoCalFan
10-11-2010, 01:53 AM
I agree with you Tony! Its just too early,although,I do like our chances based on whats going on around us!

Merchant
10-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Bengals lost too, giving us a little more breathing room in the division.

ricardisimo
10-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Kind of related, but not really: Rashard is fifth in the league in rushing, but everyone in front of him has not yet had a bye. Of course, Peterson will probably jump ahead of him tonight, but still... Let's see if the Cleveland game pads his stats a bit.

Atlanta Dan
10-11-2010, 05:37 PM
after a 9-7 tie and split with the ravens was the difference in making the playoffs last year, and missing them, i see no positives to take from this weekend after the loss last week.

a 12-4 (or even better) record with a tie could still be the difference between a #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs and #5.

Bengals loss was a positive and one less team that is likely to compete for the wildcard - my hope is Cincy has imploded by the time the Steelers play them in a month

It is way too early to start worrying about playoff implications of what other teams do - as the cliche goes, the Steelers still control their own destiny. Potential wild card alternatives in the AFC South and East are going to start playing each other and losing

JEFF4i
10-11-2010, 06:57 PM
It wasn't just THAT the Bengals lost, it is HOW they lost. They are on the slide, and have to recover. Not that they can't, but we'll see.

urgle burgle
10-12-2010, 09:59 PM
ehh.....five games in, means nothing. we started off great last yr, hit the 5 game losing streak, and barely pulled it together for 9-7. still too early to tell. i mean new orleans lost to az, san diego lost to oakland, etc. we are in a good situation, no doubt. but i'm an expect the worst, hope for the best kind of guy. i just hope against hope, ben doesn't come back, with so much to prove, in his mind, he feels he has to do everything. that will be a problem for a good run this year.