PDA

View Full Version : The Horror Thread, in time for Halloween!

SteelCityMom
10-11-2010, 11:30 AM
It's my favorite time of the year....leading up to Halloween! What's everyone doing this year? Are you dressing up, going trick or treating or just planning to sit around the house and scare the crap out of kids?

I'm a huge horror geek, so this is a big event in the whole house. Got all my decorations up this weekend and plan on having a fun filled week of haunted houses, hayrides and pumpkin carving next couple week and trick or treating on the 30th. And of course, a Halloween and horror movie marathon somewhere in there.

Post your plans, horror stories, favorite horror themed videos or movies, or just bs about zombies!

PscuNdwFQQw

d78UW1FPvWY

SteelCityMom
10-11-2010, 11:49 AM
hD8uQzu0IL0

r34yz-xC4xQ

xVAixkBXYMg

ODB4_TBYzXI

ricardisimo
10-11-2010, 04:15 PM
My wife thinks Halloween/Dia de los Muertos is the only holiday. All of the other ones are not worth the bother. I wouldn't go that far, but it is, really, the only community holiday, when you think about it. All of the rest are family holidays. Maybe 4th of July might be the other, but that's about it.

Happy scaring!

P.S. - The only movies that ever really scared me were the original When a Stranger Calls and Alien. I think I was shrooming for the latter one, so really only Stranger counts. Rosemary's Baby gets honorable mention, and scary or not, I always look forward to rebroadcasts of the Orson Welles' War of the Worlds.

SteelersinCA
10-13-2010, 04:01 AM
I think I was shrooming for the latter one,

You're such a hippie, commie, Islam lover. It makes me sick :puke:

SteelCityMom
10-13-2010, 10:58 AM
My wife thinks Halloween/Dia de los Muertos is the only holiday. All of the other ones are not worth the bother. I wouldn't go that far, but it is, really, the only community holiday, when you think about it. All of the rest are family holidays. Maybe 4th of July might be the other, but that's about it.

Happy scaring!

P.S. - The only movies that ever really scared me were the original When a Stranger Calls and Alien. I think I was shrooming for the latter one, so really only Stranger counts. Rosemary's Baby gets honorable mention, and scary or not, I always look forward to rebroadcasts of the Orson Welles' War of the Worlds.

:rofl: That's hilarious. The only movie that ever really scared me was under similar conditions...and it wasn't even a scary movie, but I know I don't ever want to watch it again lol. People Under the Stairs. Freaked me out man.

Zombie movies are my big thing, but I love all genres of horror (except the drivel Hollywood churns out now, and their crappy remakes). We've been getting into Scandinavian films recently, and they have some really good horror flicks. Låt den rätte komma in (Let the Right One In) is SUPERB. 4 stars, recommend to everyone. It's a shame Hollywood is remaking it and will probably butcher it to death.

5ckdZpYVn38

SteelMember
10-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Don't we have an 8:30 game on Halloween... I believe that's the case, so yes, I'll be scaring the kids away.

Maybe I'll make a trick or treater grave yard in the front. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
10-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Don't we have an 8:30 game on Halloween... I believe that's the case, so yes, I'll be scaring the kids away.

Maybe I'll make a trick or treater grave yard in the front. :chuckle:
indeed ... i'm gonna chain the dogs up on the front porch to keep the little beggars away from my door ...:popcorn:

tony hipchest
10-13-2010, 07:04 PM
kDWb7ipN0cw&feature=related

Stumble in somnambulance so
Pre-dawn corpses come to life
Armies of the dead survive
Armies of the hungry ones

Only ones, lonely ones
Ripped up like shredded wheat
Only ones, lonely ones
Be a sort of human picnic

This ain't no love-in
This ain't no happening
This ain't no feeling in my arm

You think you're a zombie
You think it's a scene
From some monster magazine
Well, open your eyes too late

This ain't no fantasy, boy
This ain't no love-in
This ain't no happening
This ain't no feeling in my arm

_l8C8E8gpD8

very cool unofficial video for THE HOWL-

PlxyshLAxXI

There is a human slaughterhouse
Up on the hill, the road is red
And those who ignore
And those who pretend
It does not exist
End up in its hall

My blood goes to work
I hear the howl

There is a grove of bleached bones
Where lupins vomit children's limbs
Taking all their liberties
With parts of human anatomy

And in the hollow of a restless soul
Lies no remorse and no disgust
Every kill is clean and pure
Every thought is cleansed in growls, yeah

There is a grove of tortured forms
Where all is dark and deeds are foul
And those who ignore
And those who pretend
That the howl is a joke
Their children lie dead

My blood goes to work
I hear the howl

And then my blood just goes to work
And then I hear the howl
(There is a human slaughterhouse
Up on the hill
The road is red)

And then I hear the howl
(And those who ignore
And those who pretend
It does not exist
End up in its hall)

And then I hear the howl
Blood just goes to work
And then I hear the howl
Blood just goes to work
And then I hear the howl
Blood just goes to work
And then I hear the howl
And then I hear the howl

tony hipchest
10-13-2010, 08:37 PM
who went and saw Trick or Treat starring gene simmons in the theaters?

GPz_V9oVNt4

who remembers staying up late on halloween night to watch the alice cooper concert on MTV where he chops off his head in the guillotine?

U913BG3tRyA

who still has this tape (keeper of the 7 keys) on cassette, somewhere in a shoebox, stored away?

yOAl0enE7kI

tony hipchest
10-13-2010, 08:58 PM
im sure king diamond is an aquired taste for most. one people either like or hate. but to me, this is one of the best concept albums out there (listening to it is like watching a movie)...

j6pRJhP4Lrw

On the following friday as I turned out
the light
Grandma' came and knocked at My
door
"Wake up King, wake up My dear
I am gonna show You about the house
of Amon"
It is time for tea, it is time again
"Even Your mother is present
We made her sleep in My rocking
chair"
At first I felt really scared but there
was no reason to
As I saw the knife sneaking out from
Grandmother's dress
Then it cut a tiny wound in My
mother's little hand
Blood was running into the tea pot,
then I heard "THEM" laugh
"A bit of this in a cup of tea, is what it
takes to set "THEM" free
You will hear "THEM" telling stories
from far beyond this earth"
What I saw and what I heard made me
want to stay and learn
I really hope this dream will never
end, it's hard to describe the kind of
feeling that went on in My mind
A paradise
Hearing "THEIR" stories and feeling
"THEIR" warmth
We laughed with tears in our eyes
From the first cup of tea, to the last
drop of blood
Nothing seemed to matter at all
anymore
My Mother? She didn't exist to me,
Oh I felt so heavenly

SteelCityMom
10-13-2010, 10:24 PM
I don't remember any of those Tony, but they're pretty awesome!

One of my favorite Halloween songs..

Dtb5HA1ovHI

SteelCityMom
10-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Lj7HMhIIAYU

SteelCityMom
10-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Carved our Pumpkins tonight and baked some Halloween cookies and other goodies. Got our costumes all finished and am ready for an exciting weekend! Going on a haunted hayride tomorrow night with Haley, then Saturday she's going to grandma's for a visit (and trick or treating) while Jon and I go to the Scarehouse (http://www.scarehouse.com/index.php) in Pittsburgh. Then more trick or treating here on Sunday! Muahahahahaha!!!! :muhaha:

gMLPnk9-6MM

abmuKofM5kw

SteelCityMom
10-31-2010, 11:14 AM
Happy Halloween all!! http://www.smileydesign.net/smileys/zombie04.gif

DOtEdhKOMgQ

Wallace108
10-31-2010, 11:36 AM
This starts off kinda slow, but gets rather interesting. :chuckle:

6d-tNXxTRBA

SteelCityMom
10-31-2010, 12:11 PM
That was awesome...I love it!

I came across this on youtube yesterday...this movie cracks me up! I'm glad youtube put it up.

EUGXVNm77Ic

I'd post a couple of the Masters of Horror videos that they have up (the have both seasons up), but those are definitely not suitable to post lol. One of the best series from Showtime though, definitely check them out if you're looking for something scary to watch tonight!

tony hipchest
10-31-2010, 12:58 PM
we've been marinading an 8 lb pork butt for a day. started the smoker at 8:30am this morning for pulled pork sandwiches. guacamaole is made and the drinks are on ice. got my olympic medal winning shawn white costume ready, and plenty of candy for me, plus tricks for the kids.

my daughter found the misfits link on youtube and has been playing songs since yesterday, driving her mom and my dad crazy. (even my dad is walking around singing "we are 138" and "attitude".) :laughing:

tonights game is certainly taking on that playoff feel and atmosphere. :tt02:

SteelCityMom
10-31-2010, 04:45 PM
Watching It's the Great Pumpkin Patch Charlie Brown while getting our makeup and costumes ready...going trick or treating for a little while and then coming back to rummage through the stash and watch some Steelers football!

It's been a perfectly spooky weekend! Hope it ends as well as it started! :tt02:

ricardisimo
11-01-2010, 06:10 PM
The Switch Witch came to our house today, swapping out all of the high-fructose corn syrup products for high-quality Chinese-made plastic action figures. My children's teeth should last one more year. Thank you Legion of Superheroes!
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7668/1001014lp8.jpg

SteelCityMom
11-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Awwwww...you don't take the kids candy do you!?!?

You're an mean one.....Mr. Grin......errrr.......troll....................... .................................................. ....................