PDA

View Full Version : Browns have no starting QB / Wallace and Delhomo hurt

Fire Haley
10-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Cleveland Browns quarterback Jake Delhomme re-injured ankle, now has both high and low sprain

Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer

CLEVELAND -- Browns quarterback Jake Delhomme re-injured his ankle during Sunday's 20-10 loss to the Falcons and now has both a high and low right ankle sprain, a league source said.

Delhomme will undergo an MRI today and won't know how long he'll be out until after that, but it could be an extended period of time.

Delhomme first suffered the high ankle sprain in week one in Tampa and missed the next three games. He was expected to play Sunday, but was pressed into service when Seneca Wallace went down with a sprained ankle.

Delhomme had his ankle shot up with painkillers before the game just in case he had to play. He's in more pain today than he was on Sunday, the source said.

The Browns might have to sign another quarterback soon depending on the severity of Wallace's sprain.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/10/cleveland_browns_quarterback_j_5.html

truesteelerfan
10-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Thats too bad......LMAO

SteelCityMom
10-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Bring on Colt McCoy! :chuckle:

I've heard rumors that they are toying with the idea of having Cribbs at QB too.

Also wouldn't surprise me if they picked up Russel too...would be fitting in a Clowns uniform.

Fire Haley
10-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Yes - let the Colt McCoy era begin in Cleveland - their next messiah.

I say we trade them Lefty for Cribbs.

Fire Arians
10-11-2010, 11:59 AM
lmao @ delhomo

honestly my game plan if i was the falcons last week was to make sure delhomme doesn't get injured. he's been an interception machine since after the 2007 season. i would be like keep him in the game and we win

senaca wallace was doing pretty well, not having him in the lineup really hurts the browns. browns should forfeit this game lol

Merchant
10-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Hopefully Delhomme feels better by next week.. I actually think I would prefer facing Delhomme over Wallace or McCoy :chuckle:

SH-Rock
10-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Fresh meat, Silverback is probably starving!

SoCalFan
10-11-2010, 12:44 PM
I actually really would have preffered we play them @ full strength.Takes away from it now when we kill em.

ramblinjim
10-11-2010, 01:00 PM
I would prefer they not use Josh Cribbs as the QB, he's had our number for some time.

tony hipchest
10-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Delhomme had his ankle shot up with staph before the game just in case he had to play. He's in more pain today than he was on Sunday, the source said.

The Browns might have to sign another quarterback soon depending on the severity of Wallace's staph infection.

this CANT be good for them.

going into the browns training room for any type of subcutaneous treatment is a career deathwish.

LVSteelersfan
10-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Oh, you guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :toofunny:

I still have nightmares of Bruce Gradkowski coming in and torching our defense at the end of the game last year. So nothing can be taken for granted in the NFL. We should have walked all over Cleveland last year but Arians called a very poor game and we lost because of those empty backfield sets on 3rd and 1. What a joke. I hope that is a thing of the past.

going into the browns training room for any type of subcutaneous treatment is a career deathwish.

Fire Haley
10-11-2010, 02:29 PM
I hope they play Cribbs at QB - - give our defense a workout - they got soft last game.

After two weeks of rest and healthy they should have no problem handling a wildcat offense, which is really just a college option game with a RB or WR ready to take a pounding and unable to throw.

Steel_Bus_24
10-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Oh, you guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :toofunny:

I still have nightmares of Bruce Gradkowski coming in and torching our defense at the end of the game last year. So nothing can be taken for granted in the NFL. We should have walked all over Cleveland last year but Arians called a very poor game and we lost because of those empty backfield sets on 3rd and 1. What a joke. I hope that is a thing of the past.

Precisely....what a f***** joke that was

Like I said in another thread, the Steelers better come out with a sense of urgency and prove they can win in the division

jjpro11
10-11-2010, 03:02 PM
this isn't the same Steelers team of last year... Cleveland seems to think another 8 sacks are in order and are going to have their way with our o-line.. but they have another thing coming.

Fire Arians
10-11-2010, 03:22 PM
our o-line is actually quite decent this year. big upgrade from being absolutely shitty. yeah no way they get 8 sacks unless pouncey gets injured

big slowzell was an upgrade over colon

lionslicer
10-11-2010, 03:24 PM
That sucks, I was looking forward to the Steelers totally destroying Jake... He's been an interception machine as of the past couple years.
Didn't this happen in 2008 and they had to bring on Bruce Gradkowski? Who lost 32-0 or some rediculous score like that... Who has also played in Heinz Field with 3 different teams..

68stang
10-11-2010, 03:50 PM
:tt04::tt04::tt04:

MACH1
10-11-2010, 04:18 PM

There isn't any ice storms, blizzards in the forecast is there? Arians could win this one for the clowns all by himself.

jjpro11
10-11-2010, 04:45 PM
i am so sick of hearing how they "owned us" in an 8 point win for the first time in 6 years. i hope the Steelers absolutely destroy them from the beginning and never let up.

Fire Arians
10-11-2010, 04:53 PM
There isn't any ice storms, blizzards in the forecast is there? Arians could win this one for the clowns all by himself.

it's like arians is trying to stay true to the browns organization and piss away the game vs them last year

ricardisimo
10-11-2010, 05:12 PM
You guys should watch what you ask for. Elway was tossed to the Steeler wolves his rookie season as well, and then proceeded to make life hell for us for another decade.

Not that McCoy is a future Hall of Famer, but if Tomlin is right and steel hardens steel, he's about to be hardened, and real quick.

Fire Haley
10-11-2010, 05:18 PM
If we win by less than 45 pts I'll be disappointed.

StainlessStill
10-11-2010, 05:29 PM
http://www.nibbledish.com/public/images/cached/567x/recipe_images/5132d3db3cb92cb16c3ca3f24c473846lbuechler_brownies .jpg

MMMMmmmMMMMmmmMMMMMmmMMmmmmMM, Brownies.:tt04:

Fire Arians
10-11-2010, 09:47 PM
You guys should watch what you ask for. Elway was tossed to the Steeler wolves his rookie season as well, and then proceeded to make life hell for us for another decade.

Not that McCoy is a future Hall of Famer, but if Tomlin is right and steel hardens steel, he's about to be hardened, and real quick.

i was hoping for delhomme if anything lol. worst case scenario imo is the young kid gets a chance to prove himself and find out they have a franchise qb, which'll make cleveland become a decent team in a few years.

but at this point i'll take playing against mccoy over senaca wallace. wallace at this point gives them their best chance to win and him out is good news

Fire Haley
10-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Browns sign a QB

...the agent for quarterback Brett Ratliff confirmed that the Browns will re-sign his client off the New England Patriots' practice squad.

ESPN.com first reported the Browns would sign Ratliff to back up McCoy against the blitz-crazed Steelers.

Although Ratliff is on the way, Mangini seems poised to give McCoy, the former University of Texas star, his first big break as a pro.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b3e564/article/wallace-delhomme-hurt-so-browns-might-start-mccoy-at-qb?module=HP_headlines

stb_steeler
10-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Ya man!

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/stbsteeler/villagestreetwear_2128_779438295.jpg