PDA

View Full Version : No porta-pottys?

SteelKnight
10-12-2010, 10:45 PM
LOL I just saw #85 pee behind some coolers (I think). I always assumed there was a porta-potty on the sidelines. There is no time to go to the locker room to pee. I'm sure this come up a lot. Weird.

Do you guys know if the Steelers have a porta potty on the sideline?

tony hipchest
10-12-2010, 10:59 PM
say 'no' to drugs.

TailgateMel
10-12-2010, 11:14 PM
I went om a tour of heinz field when it opened... behind the steelers bench in the middle are steps down to a hall, there is a bathroom right at the bottom of those steps, but who knows, maybe someone was in it or maybe he was really lazy

MattsMe
10-12-2010, 11:29 PM
It's pretty common for players to pee on the sideline. The staff holds up towels and jackets to cover it up.

Or in Tom Brady's case, the offensive line forms a circle around him, and he squats in the middle of it.

lionslicer
10-13-2010, 01:46 AM
NFL does not allow pottys on the sidelines and players if players go into the lockerroom, they are not allowed to return until the next half, and if its in the 2nd half, they can't return at all. Players are usually forced to piss their pants or piss in cups or towels. I shit you not. Kordell Stewart mentions in an interview how he and other steelers would just pee themselves due to the gold pants and no one would notice.

I believe porta potties are not allowed on the sidelines because there's a chance a player might be bumped into from the field of play and it would fall over with someone in it.

Players are also not allowed to eat on the field, some sneak in candy or munchies. Once they are on the field, they are not allowed to leave. Farthest they can get is the locker rooms unless they have to be taken to a hospital. They have MRI's and Xray machines in the locker rooms now so players really only have to go to the hospital if its really important. Its really stupid.
Players go sometimes 8 hours before they can eat anything, running on breakfast and gatoraid.

Players also get fined if they don't dress properly. It is a business after all and they have to wear formall attire while entering and leaving the stadium.

zulater
10-13-2010, 06:24 AM
NFL does not allow pottys on the sidelines and players if players go into the lockerroom, they are not allowed to return until the next half, and if its in the 2nd half, they can't return at all. Players are usually forced to piss their pants or piss in cups or towels. I shit you not. Kordell Stewart mentions in an interview how he and other steelers would just pee themselves due to the gold pants and no one would notice.

I believe porta potties are not allowed on the sidelines because there's a chance a player might be bumped into from the field of play and it would fall over with someone in it.

Players are also not allowed to eat on the field, some sneak in candy or munchies. Once they are on the field, they are not allowed to leave. Farthest they can get is the locker rooms unless they have to be taken to a hospital. They have MRI's and Xray machines in the locker rooms now so players really only have to go to the hospital if its really important. Its really stupid.
Players go sometimes 8 hours before they can eat anything, running on breakfast and gatoraid.

Players also get fined if they don't dress properly. It is a business after all and they have to wear formall attire while entering and leaving the stadium.

I can't believe they can't hold it until halftime, jeez I didn't start pissing more than once every couple hours until I hit the mid forties. :chuckle:

SH-Rock
10-13-2010, 07:16 AM
Just use the washroom at before, at the half, after. These guys aren't 80 year old men that need to go every 30 minutes

SteelKnight
10-13-2010, 07:54 AM
I went om a tour of heinz field when it opened... behind the steelers bench in the middle are steps down to a hall, there is a bathroom right at the bottom of those steps, but who knows, maybe someone was in it or maybe he was really lazy

Thanks for that info. That makes sense because there would be no time to go to a locker room. It was not at Heinz field (#85).

It's pretty common for players to pee on the sideline. The staff holds up towels and jackets to cover it up.

Or in Tom Brady's case, the offensive line forms a circle around him, and he squats in the middle of it.

Yeah...that's what he did. There were a couple of guys that he said thanks to. I would think with a million fans and the advanced technology of cameras these days some camera person would catch it and show it to Goodell. lol...especially a high profile figure like #85.

SteelKnight
10-13-2010, 08:03 AM

Thanks for the info. The Part about a player tipping over potty with someone in it was funny.

I can't remember whether a player has ever gone into the locker room and returned the same half. They do that in basketball all the time.

Players wear protective cups so it sucks to have to pee in that.

I can't believe they can't hold it until halftime, jeez I didn't start pissing more than once every couple hours until I hit the mid forties. :chuckle:

It's not always so simple. They are drinking fluids to get hydrated so if they miscalculate and they have to go, they have to go. It's not that they wouldn't be able to hold it but they would be distracted. Who wants to get hit or cover someone or run or hit someone with a full bladder.

So yeah, I think they could hold it but their focus would be diminished.

lionslicer
10-13-2010, 08:51 AM

Its really hard to do that.... When you're running around and physically getting hit it makes you have to go a lot more... lol

Stu Pidasso
10-13-2010, 10:15 AM
OMG I just pictured Casey Hampton and James Harrison doing a pee-pee dance...

thumper
10-13-2010, 12:07 PM
It's fairly common knowledge that players even piss their pants - usually linemen - right
during the game. That guy "Stink" on ESPN (former O-lineman) talks about it often.

rick723
10-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Can you imagine Ottis Redding singing
Shitting on the 50 yard line
I'll be shittin till the old half time

Then James Harrison slams Colt McCoy into the shitter and coach Tomlin rolls out? Dick LeBeau would be like, Hey Mike, It's not that bad!

Cedrick the entertainer would be sitting in the stands with a Bud

fer522
10-13-2010, 07:12 PM

Or in Tom Brady's case, the offensive line forms a circle around him, and he squats in the middle of it. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

steelax04
10-13-2010, 08:52 PM
Yeah, there was an ex-NFL player on the radio the other day talking about this as well... he said they sweat so much and they smell pretty nasty to begin with during a game that a little extra smell and moisture doesn't hurt.

stb_steeler
10-13-2010, 08:58 PM
LOL I just saw #85 pee behind some coolers (I think). I always assumed there was a porta-potty on the sidelines. There is no time to go to the locker room to pee. I'm sure this come up a lot. Weird.

Do you guys know if the Steelers have a porta potty on the sideline?

This is not the first time.... Ive seem them hold towels up on eagles sidelines by the big cases. Lots of players have done this.

SteelKnight
10-15-2010, 02:45 AM
Lionslicer. You are pretty well informed, calm and mature for a 19 yo. Strong work.

Then James Harrison slams Colt McCoy into the shitter and coach Tomlin rolls out? Dick LeBeau would be like, Hey Mike, It's not that bad!

Cedrick the entertainer would be sitting in the stands with a Bud

Funny. I would never use it for number 2. I was just thinking some privacy to do a quick piss which would take about 10 seconds. For number 2, they should be able to hold it until halftime. I wonder of anybody ever had the runs. lol I'm sure they would make is sound like something cleaner like a virus or "stomach flu"...which isn't accurate. lol You can't say a player is stuck in the locker room with diarrhea. lol

This is not the first time.... Ive seem them hold towels up on eagles sidelines by the big cases. Lots of players have done this.

Thanks for the info. No that I think about it, if there was a big towel, one should be able to reach under there with a cup and only cause a little mess.