PDA

View Full Version : Cribbs anxious to run Wildcat against Steelers

mesaSteeler
10-13-2010, 11:20 PM
| More
View From The Press Box
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/10/13/cribbs-anxious-to-run-wildcat-against-steelers/

Cribbs anxious to run Wildcat against Steelers
October 13th, 2010

Browns coach Eric Mangini appears to have limited options at quarterback with his team preparing for an AFC North game against the Steelers.

One way Mangini could go Sunday with Seneca Wallace and Jake Delhomme unlikely to play because of ankle injuries: employing the Wildcat on an extensive or even full-time basis.

Cleveland multi-purpose threat Josh Cribbs triggers the Wildcat, and he said that the Browns could run the gimmick offense for the entire game Sunday if that gives them the best chance of beating the Steelers.

Its a full package, Cribbs said of the Wildcat today during a conference call with Pittsburgh reporters. Its not like last year, a week to week thing were we were putting in new plays. Its more than enough to run a complete football game out of it.

As for the obvious question as to whether he could physically hold up for an entire game while running the Wildcat, the 6-1, 215-pound Cribbs said, The hits aint nothing. I love it. Im not too fragile at all.

Mangini did not question that about his most explosive offensive player.

He did sound hesitant about using Cribbs extensively in an offense where Cribbs would take a direct snap and seek out running lanes against the No. 1 rushing defense in the NFL.

He does have the kickoff return, the punt return. Hes playing a decent amount at wide receiver so we have to monitor his reps in order for him to be effective how we want him to be effective over the course of the game, Mangini said. Hes a pretty special guy with the ball in his hands.

Which is why Cribbs will take his share of snaps Sunday at Heinz Field.

tony hipchest
10-13-2010, 11:26 PM
there is crazy and then there is stupid.

cribbs is toeing the line...

Fire Arians
10-14-2010, 12:04 AM
i'm anxious to see his knee get blown out

SacknificentStew56
10-14-2010, 01:29 AM
| More
View From The Press Box
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/10/13/cribbs-anxious-to-run-wildcat-against-steelers/

Cribbs anxious to run Wildcat against Steelers
October 13th, 2010

Browns coach Eric Mangini appears to have limited options at quarterback with his team preparing for an AFC North game against the Steelers.

One way Mangini could go Sunday with Seneca Wallace and Jake Delhomme unlikely to play because of ankle injuries: employing the Wildcat on an extensive or even full-time basis.

Cleveland multi-purpose threat Josh Cribbs triggers the Wildcat, and he said that the Browns could run the gimmick offense for the entire game Sunday if that gives them the best chance of beating the Steelers.

Its a full package, Cribbs said of the Wildcat today during a conference call with Pittsburgh reporters. Its not like last year, a week to week thing were we were putting in new plays. Its more than enough to run a complete football game out of it.

As for the obvious question as to whether he could physically hold up for an entire game while running the Wildcat, the 6-1, 215-pound Cribbs said, The hits aint nothing. I love it. Im not too fragile at all.
Mangini did not question that about his most explosive offensive player.

He did sound hesitant about using Cribbs extensively in an offense where Cribbs would take a direct snap and seek out running lanes against the No. 1 rushing defense in the NFL.

He does have the kickoff return, the punt return. Hes playing a decent amount at wide receiver so we have to monitor his reps in order for him to be effective how we want him to be effective over the course of the game, Mangini said. Hes a pretty special guy with the ball in his hands.

Which is why Cribbs will take his share of snaps Sunday at Heinz Field.

Gotta love the confidence of this STAIN!! Can't wait to see how unfragile he is after the game.

steelerchad
10-14-2010, 07:56 AM
I think our D is prepared to shut this down this year. Without any passing threat whatsoever, and Hillis banged up the Browns are extremely 1 dimensional. If Cribbs ends up running the Wildcat most of the game, I think he's in for a long, painful day.

ramblinjim
10-14-2010, 08:23 AM
I agree that Cleveland's offense should be awfully limited this week. I always get that "Please don't let us make this kid look like the second coming of Sipe or Kosar in their prime". I don't want to see Cribbs get his knee blown out but I would like for him to wake up on Monday and be in so much pain he can't get out of bed though.

"So, uh Josh, welcome to the middle of the field, meet Lawrence Timmons"

SteelerinLA
10-14-2010, 09:01 AM
They think they have problems now. Go ahead, tough guy. Lower your head and run at us.:chuckle:

tony hipchest
10-14-2010, 09:22 AM
im sure former miami dolphin pat white was anxious to run the wildcat against the steelers too.

he was knocked out of the game, hasnt played a snap since, and is currently out of the league.

steelerdave1969
10-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Yeh, I am with you all here. I see Cribbs returning alot of Kicks in my opinion. About the 10th time he takes that snap and gets creamed he will be getting very hesitent to do it again I promise you that. He wont last the entire game if he carries that much.
So All I Know To Tell Him and The Brownies Is . . . .

"BRING IT ! ! !":mad:

jjpro11
10-14-2010, 03:18 PM

he's actually a good guy.. i don't want to see that happen.

I think the Browns are forgetting we will have our two wildcat killers healthy for the game this time. Our homing missile Troy Polamalu and the best gap plugging lineman in football, Aaron Smith.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-14-2010, 04:40 PM
The only reason why he had success running the wildcat against us last year was it was kind of unexpected (good on them), and by that point in the season, our defense was completely hamstrung by injuries-- without Aaron Smith, couldn't stop anybody's run game, and without Polamalu, couldn't stop anybody's passing game. Other teams have tried to run the wildcat against us (Miami did) extensively and our defense blew it up because they knew it was coming, so it was part of their game preparation.

If he tries to go that route again this year (after telegraphing it all over the news like this), he is gonna be getting in over his head....meet Mr. Timmons and Mr. Polamalu.....

fer522
10-14-2010, 04:47 PM
I know you are just joking, i would not want that to happen to anybody
not even Miss Brady!!!:chuckle:

LVSteelersfan
10-14-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't want to see him hurt but I want to see him sitting on the sideline shaking his head like Chris Johnson was and that dazed look that was in Vince Young's eyes when they ran roughshod over them. This is not last year's defense.

tony hipchest
10-17-2010, 10:17 PM
anyone else notice cribbs wasnt so effective today? :chuckle:

i almost hate to laugh at another players injury, but as predicted, he got knocked the F out!

fer522
10-17-2010, 10:21 PM
I don't want to see him hurt but I want to see him sitting on the sideline shaking his head like Chris Johnson was and that dazed look that was in Vince Young's eyes when they ran roughshod over them. This is not last year's defense.

he shook his head alright!!

Merchant
10-17-2010, 11:19 PM
D looked good against the Wildcat today. Good warmup for Miami.

StainlessStill
10-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Cribbs was so anxious, that he got knocked the f_ck out!

MasterOfPuppets
10-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Cribbs said, “The hits ain’t nothing. I love it. I’m not too fragile at all.”

how ya likes it now tough guy ??? :toofunny:

he looked at massoquo after the series he terminated cribbs and said ..."i'll be back"

see the resemblance ?

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0905/pop.culture.hot.list.0519/images/james-harrison.jpg

http://www.eurocriticsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/terminator.jpg

24seven
10-18-2010, 12:05 AM
That's what he was saying on the sidelines the whole 2nd half... "I'm not fragile coach I ... I......... I like cake...."

Harrison..... hopefully one of these hits doesn't go the opposite direction.. He's putin the hurt on some chitlins this year.. Hopefully he's got a big ass beatin fund set aside for this year.. Gonna see some fines I'm sure .. I agree I wanted Cribbs not playing but definitely don't like seein somebody twitchin on the ground. On the other hand. (and now that he's ok...). did you see him get knocked the f*@# out!!!! holy crap!!!!

MasterOfPuppets
10-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Cribbs said, The hits aint nothing. I love it. Im not too fragile at all.

J0TsaeE21rI

Fire Haley
10-18-2010, 09:29 AM
you got JACKED UP!

hahaha

earholed

hahahahaha