PDA

View Full Version : Vinatieri might stay a Pat.......

DIESELMAN
03-13-2006, 11:08 PM
The market for kicker Adam Vinatieri is shrinking, which means his chances of re-signing with the Patriots are growing. According to league sources, only three teams in the market for a kicker can afford that price tag: the Patriots, the Dallas Cowboys and the Green Bay Packers.How deep will Jerry Jones reach into his back pocket?

Petesburgh66
03-13-2006, 11:56 PM
The Cowboys really do need a kicker after the Cortez & Cundiff failures of last year. So I wouldn't be surprised if they get him or he ends up back with the Pats. The Packers = who wants to play there right now.

Livinginthe past
03-14-2006, 12:30 AM
The market price for a kicker of Vinatieri's class is around 2.5-3 million - the Cowboys have never paid over 1 million for a kicker.

Come on back Adam.

NM

Petesburgh66
03-14-2006, 12:35 AM
the Cowboys have never paid over 1 million for a kicker.

Then the Cowboys will continue to find crappy kickers at that price and whine about them losing a game for them. If you want to end all your kicking problems, you might as well go after the best clutch kicker in the game. Then again they might want to go after Vanderjagt as the Colts don't want him back.

Cape Cod Steel Head
03-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Then the Cowboys will continue to find crappy kickers at that price and whine about them losing a game for them. If you want to end all your kicking problems, you might as well go after the best clutch kicker in the game. Then again they might want to go after Vanderjagt as the Colts don't want him back.I'd take Adam over Vanderjerk anyday, and I'm sure they are around the same price.

hardwork
03-14-2006, 10:31 PM
The market price for a kicker of Vinatieri's class is around 2.5-3 million - the Cowboys have never paid over 1 million for a kicker.

Come on back Adam.

NM

I would think Parcels would be drooling over Vinatieri. He brought him to the Patriots, and I suspect he'd love to take him away from Belichick.

Livinginthe past
03-15-2006, 05:32 AM
I would think Parcels would be drooling over Vinatieri. He brought him to the Patriots, and I suspect he'd love to take him away from Belichick.

I agree.

I also think the Cowboys need to spend some money of offense before they start looking at 'game-clinching' kickers.

There isn't a GM in the NFl who wouldnt have AV as their guy in the clutch - it just depends whether they are willing to fork out the big bucks to get him.

Every day that passes without him signing for someone else is a good one for Pats fan.

NM