PDA

View Full Version : Givens Signs with Titans

83-Steelers-43
03-14-2006, 11:59 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2368161

"For the second day in a row, the Tennessee Titans have added one of the top players in the unrestricted market, as the team reached agreement with former New England wide receiver David Givens on a five-year contract worth $24 million."

"ESPN.com's Michael Smith reports that Givens received an $8 million signing bonus."

tony hipchest
03-14-2006, 12:04 PM
i think he did the pats a favor. they will find someone better for cheaper. i think theyre anxiously awaiting eric moulds situation to play out. moulds already has had his huge payday and i think going to a yearly contender will be high on his priority list. even if its for a little les $$$

83-Steelers-43
03-14-2006, 12:46 PM
The Titans also snagged Mawae.

Livinginthe past
03-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Its a shame to see Givens leave - there was lot of excitement on the pats board when there was a strong rumor that he had re-signed with the Pats.

However, not many wanted him back on the sort of terms he will get from a team like the Texans - hopefully we can find a No.2 in the draft or through FA.

Best of luck to Givens - im glad he aint a Dolphin that would have been too painful.

A.Davis and T.Dwight have been shopping around in FA - so next year Tom might only have 1 or2 of last years WR corps to throw to.

NM