PDA

View Full Version : Kitna Signs with Lions

83-Steelers-43
03-14-2006, 12:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2368184

"Jon Kitna made the first move Tuesday for what will be a busy day for NFL quarterbacks by agreeing to a four-year deal with the Detroit Lions."

tony hipchest
03-14-2006, 12:07 PM
wow, that says alot on the lions part and a pretty damn good job by kitna. much better weapons than alot of the teams who are currently looking for a qb have.

Ohio Steeler
03-14-2006, 12:21 PM
well well all I can say is I hope it works out for him.

MichiSteeler
03-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Interesting.. What will they do with Garcia? Being a Michigan native... Ive lived through all the horrible times and the maybes and the could be's and the what nots.. And the organization for some reason sticks with joey flopington... I just dont understand why.. If they were smart then they would just have kitna start.. But the weird thing is that today during school, in the morning at about 9 i was in the locker room talkin with my friends saying "well i think the lions should get jon kitna"... weird..

drizze99
03-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Lions | More about Kitna deal
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:02:47 -0800

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports Detroit Lions QB Jon Kitna reportedly agreed to a four-year, $10.5 million contract that included a $3.5 million signing bonus with the Lions.

klick81
03-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Good for him! Hopefully he'll have better luck than with the Bungles. Does this mean Maddox will have a new home in Cincy?

83-Steelers-43
03-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Good for him! Hopefully he'll have better luck than with the Bungles. Does this mean Maddox will have a new home in Cincy?

As of today the Bengals brought in rams quarterback Jamie Martin for a visit.

Suitanim
03-14-2006, 04:32 PM
This spells big trouble for the Bengals...with a tougher schedule than they are accustomed to, and a new QB unfamiliar with their system for at least the first month-six weeks, then the rust for Carson, they'll be hard pressed to make the playoffs next year.

Ambridge
03-14-2006, 04:41 PM
This spells big trouble for the Bengals...with a tougher schedule than they are accustomed to, and a new QB unfamiliar with their system for at least the first month-six weeks, then the rust for Carson, they'll be hard pressed to make the playoffs next year.

Yep! Kitna really sticks it to the Bengals by going to Detroit.

clevestinks
03-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Damn, Detroit finally is getting better!

Mr. Clean
03-14-2006, 04:57 PM
The Bungles are betwen a rock and a hard place. Palmer ain't healthy and no decent backup QB.

They could, of course, run Rudi Johnson, and successfully, but they are too stupid to do that.

Livinginthe past
03-14-2006, 05:04 PM
The Bungles are betwen a rock and a hard place. Palmer ain't healthy and no decent backup QB.

They could, of course, run Rudi Johnson, and successfully, but they are too stupid to do that.

Im surprised more teams dont take up that tactic - if you can't throw..simply run it.

Stupid Bungles.

NM

CantStop85
03-14-2006, 06:07 PM

Eh, if we can stay .500 during the time Carson's out, I'd be pretty confident once he returned. Whoever the backup QB may be will have a lot of help around him with great WR's, O-Linemen, and a couple of good running backs. Kitna will be exposed in Detroit...he's only had one non-mediocre season in his career and that was when the rest of the offense really started to come together. He won't be so fortunate with the lions, don't expect much more than Garcia-type performances.

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-14-2006, 06:40 PM
So is there any Back up , or do they have to sign somebody??

Suitanim
03-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Stay .500? I'm guessing just finding single wins will be difficult, let alone trying for multiples. Maybe the NFL will give the Bengals a break and schedule Cleveland and the Ravens in Cincy and a bye all in the first few weeks.

DIESELMAN
03-14-2006, 10:59 PM
So is there any Back up , or do they have to sign somebody??

Jamie Martin visited with them the 14th he's got a relationship with the Cincy's QB coach Ken Zampese.....
Good luck Kitna in the motor city hes got plenty of talent up there and with Martz there who knows how the ball will fly in Detroit...