PDA

View Full Version : U.N. official: U.S. is $1.2 billion in arrears at U.N.


MasterOfPuppets
10-14-2010, 08:59 PM
now what the hell is wrong with this picture ? the US is somehow responcable for 25 % of the cost while the 191 members split the remaining 75 % ??? who in the hell cut that deal ? so we pay billions , while the other countries pay millions ..:thumbsup:
plus figure in that probably most of the UN countries are in line when the US is righting out the foriegn aid checks , not to mention we're always the largest contributor by far for disastor relief aid. we get to foot the bill to host the UN since its based in NY. we supply probably 80% of the troops for UN missions, and now there gonna sweat us about the bill ? :doh:


http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101014/ts_nm/us_un_usa#mwpphu-container

BigRick
10-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Yeah, thats a real bitch. Plus the bastards and their kids have diplomatic immunity!:banging:

ricardisimo
10-14-2010, 11:45 PM
It's progressive taxation. Each State's contribution is calculated on the basis of its share of the world economy. Under Helms-Biden, the US negotiated to lower its assessment from 25% to 22%. In other words, the rich guy managed to have his taxes lowered, while all of the poorer members had theirs raised.

Nice to know it works the same at the global level as it does here at home... or not.

MasterOfPuppets
10-15-2010, 12:45 AM
It's progressive taxation. Each State's contribution is calculated on the basis of its share of the world economy. Under Helms-Biden, the US negotiated to lower its assessment from 25% to 22%. In other words, the rich guy managed to have his taxes lowered, while all of the poorer members had theirs raised.

Nice to know it works the same at the global level as it does here at home... or not.
here's the difference ...the rich guy isn't righting personal checks to the poor guys.
its kinda like isreal's order for 2.5 billion dollars worth of F-35's .... do we just take it out of their 4 billion dollar a year welfare check we right to them ?

this is where our tax dollars go , while we cut school budgets and ignore our
Infrastructure
http://aidwatchers.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/US_aid_graph4501.png

ricardisimo
10-15-2010, 02:35 AM
I like how Israel doesn't appear in that pie chart, despite being the top recipient of US foreign aid. We wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong sort of ideas bouncing around in their heads.

I don't know what you mean about cutting checks directly to the poor guys. Rich people's checks are made out to the IRS, and the US' dues are paid to the UN treasury. From both locales the moneys are disbursed based on priorities set by their governing chambers (Congress and the General Assembly, respectively.) So, ... what gives?

MasterOfPuppets
10-15-2010, 04:44 AM
I like how Israel doesn't appear in that pie chart, despite being the top recipient of US foreign aid. We wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong sort of ideas bouncing around in their heads.

I don't know what you mean about cutting checks directly to the poor guys. Rich people's checks are made out to the IRS, and the US' dues are paid to the UN treasury. From both locales the moneys are disbursed based on priorities set by their governing chambers (Congress and the General Assembly, respectively.) So, ... what gives?
that chart represents economic aid , not military aid. 2 different charities.

the checks i was referring to were the ones in that pie chart , which most of them if not all are UN members. so technically ,, we're probably paying more like 95% of the UN budget.. just adding in the middle man.

ricardisimo
10-15-2010, 05:09 PM
I see. Those checks in the pie chart are leverage. Whether we should be disbursing any of these funds at all is a good question. Colombia doesn't get any "humanitarian aid". They get goons and training for goons, mostly under the pretense of anti-narco funding. I think Sudan may somewhat qualify as humanitarian, as much of that has been in response to the Darfur genocide. The rest are geopolitical strategizing in and around oil fields, and mostly go to the goon squads.