PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper Traded!!!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Traded to the Dolphins for a second round pick........I would say the dolphins made out on this deal...

Ohio Steeler
03-14-2006, 12:37 PM
so it is Miami for him I did not see that coming I really thought Oakland was going to get him

83-Steelers-43
03-14-2006, 12:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2368259

Here's a link.

drizze99
03-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Dolphins | Culpepper coming on board
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:25:38 -0800

Updating previous reports, Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Miami Dolphins and Minnesota Vikings have agreed to terms on a trade that will send QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) to the Dolphins for a second-round draft choice. The deal, however, is contingent on Culpepper passing a physical with Miami.

83-Steelers-43
03-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Looks like Brees will be a Saint.

tony hipchest
03-14-2006, 12:53 PM
i bet brees is pissed, especially if he was using n.o. as leverage to get a better deal out of miami. miami has the luxury of bringing culpepper along slowly, especially if they stick with frerotte.

Livinginthe past
03-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Well thats the news every Patriots fan was waiting to hear - Miami finally went out and got themselves a QB!

You have to think the excellent Miami D is beginning to age now - the DB's are getting on or movin' on and Jason Taylor is still a standout but getting older too.

Maybe Miami missed the window to actually have a good offense to back up their outstanding D...fingers crossed!

NM

tony hipchest
03-14-2006, 01:05 PM
You have to think the excellent Miami D is beginning to age now - the DB's are getting on or movin' on and Jason Taylor is still a standout but getting older too.

NM

sorry..... i thought you were talkin about the patriots there for a second.

youre not suggesting that miami is incapable of bringing in fresh and new faces and having success are you?

Livinginthe past
03-14-2006, 02:35 PM
sorry..... i thought you were talkin about the patriots there for a second.

youre not suggesting that miami is incapable of bringing in fresh and new faces and having success are you?

No, but my impression is that they have stuck with the same guys in the DB area for a while now. They have let a couple go to FA in the last couple of years I think - its difficult to maintain a truly dominant D.

When I think of their D - I think of Sam Madison, Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor...all these guys have to be well past their peak.

Sure - the guys they bring in could do a nice job for them - but the odds say they wont be as good as the guys they have have had in the recent past.

As far as the Patriots go - the only truly old aspect of the team is the LB corps - they still have a few good seasons left in them yet - hopefully the guys they recruit will be able to learn from the guys in possession in the overlap period.

Now...where did I leave my lucky rabbits foot?

NM

Stlrs4Life
03-14-2006, 05:21 PM
I still think Brees was a better fit in Miami.

Suitanim
03-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Two quick observations:

The Dolphins just got a lot better (I doubt we'll see any Belichick drop kick jackassery from NE in Miami games next year), and the Bolts just got a lot worse.

TexaSteeler
03-15-2006, 10:33 AM
I still think Brees was a better fit in Miami.

A QB doesn't make it in Miami unless he's talented and mentally tough and I don't see Brees as mentally tough. I think Culpepper is a great fit.

Livinginthe past
03-15-2006, 10:49 AM
A QB doesn't make it in Miami unless he's talented and mentally tough and I don't see Brees as mentally tough. I think Culpepper is a great fit.

Why is Culpepper more mentally tough than Brees?

NM

tony hipchest
03-15-2006, 11:27 AM
word is miami was more concerned with brees' shoulder than they were with culpeppers knee. i dont think it came down to mental toughness which brees definitely has.

TexaSteeler
03-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Why is Culpepper more mentally tough than Brees?

NM

Just an opinion. Not to say Brees isn't very talented and mentally sound, but he doesn't seem to have that "refuse to loose" mentality of guys who will put their team on his back and do anything to cause their team to win. I've seen that in Culpepper.

Livinginthe past
03-16-2006, 01:20 AM
word is miami was more concerned with brees' shoulder than they were with culpeppers knee. i dont think it came down to mental toughness which brees definitely has.

I had the impression that Miami was waiting on Brees to make a decision but then lost patience and went with Culpepper.

I also think Brees has alot of mental strength - to come back so strongly from being, justifiably, labelled a flop shows he is made of the right stuff.

I wish him well at N.O.

NM

DIESELMAN
03-16-2006, 03:23 AM
The Dolphins are playing hardball....They got a hell of a deal with Culpepper and now they restructured his contract for more cap room.....

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper restructured his contract Wednesday, March 15. The team turned what was supposed to be a $6 million bonus and $2 million base salary in 2006 into a $7 million bonus and $1 million base. The new contract has a cap savings of nearly $5 million.

TexaSteeler
03-16-2006, 08:38 AM
I had the impression that Miami was waiting on Brees to make a decision but then lost patience and went with Culpepper.

I also think Brees has alot of mental strength - to come back so strongly from being, justifiably, labelled a flop shows he is made of the right stuff.

I wish him well at N.O.

NM

I wish him well, also. If he has any level of success in New Orleans, it will prove his mental toughness on the field, not just off the field.