PDA

View Full Version : Bengals DE Antwan Odom Suspended Four Games

Fire Haley
10-15-2010, 12:46 PM
The Cincinnati Bengals announced that defensive end Antwan Odom has been suspended for four games for violating the league's performance-enhancing drug policy.

Odom had lost his appeal and will begin serving the suspension immediately. Odom is eligible to return to the team on November 15.

During his suspension, Odom will miss games against the Atlanta Falcons, Miami Dolphins, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Indianapolis Colts.

Odom also forfeits $800,000 of his $3.4 million base salary.

Despite being limited to just six games in 2009, Odom lead the Bengals with 8 quarterback sacks. Through four games this season, Odom (6-5, 275) has four tackles and a pass defensed.

http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2010/10/bengals-de-antwan-odom-suspended-four.html

-------------------------

Marvin has lost his team, again.

lionslicer
10-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Why do players using performance enhancing drugs only get suspended 4 games? They should be suspended the whole season

Fire Haley
10-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Curious how he was their best pass rusher last year but goes to a non-factor when the piss tests become more frequent.
Another Merri-men-esque shrinkage candidate.

lionslicer
10-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Yea wonder why.... If he's anything like Merriman, once he's off the juice for a while, his body will become weak and he'll live out injury freaquent seasons for the rest of his career.
Means the Steelers wont have to deal with him as much

Atlanta Dan
10-15-2010, 04:24 PM
"Antwan did not take a steroid or any other performance enhancing substance," [Odom's attorney] Cornwell said in a statement. "While driving after midnight from Alabama to Cincinnati to report to training camp, Antwan's wife mistakenly opened her prescription pill bottle instead of Antwan's and gave him one of her prescription weight-loss pills instead of Antwan's medicine. Naturally, Antwan's preseason urine test was positive for his wife's medicine."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5687593

I hate when that happens to me - don't you?

floodcitygirl
10-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Since he got hurt in last weeks game, I believe he was already going to be out for a number of games anyway. So really, how much of a punishment is this???

MasterOfPuppets
10-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Since he got hurt in last weeks game, I believe he was already going to be out for a number of games anyway. So really, how much of a punishment is this???
well instead of collecting 4 game checks for sitting on the sidelines, now he won't...

SacknificentStew56
10-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Why do players using performance enhancing drugs only get suspended 4 games? They should be suspended the whole season

HECK YEAH!!

floodcitygirl
10-15-2010, 09:39 PM
well instead of collecting 4 game checks for sitting on the sidelines, now he won't...I don't know when you make that kind of cash that 4 checks will really mean a whole lot? :noidea:

MattsMe
10-15-2010, 10:10 PM
"Antwan did not take a steroid or any other performance enhancing substance," [Odom's attorney] Cornwell said in a statement. "While driving after midnight from Alabama to Cincinnati to report to training camp, Antwan's wife mistakenly opened her prescription pill bottle instead of Antwan's and gave him one of her prescription weight-loss pills instead of Antwan's medicine. Naturally, Antwan's preseason urine test was positive for his wife's medicine."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5687593

I hate when that happens to me - don't you?

So he was popping speed pills before the weigh in at training camp. That makes it much better.

the bengals suck