PDA

View Full Version : Group Plans Protest Of Roethlisberger Before Steelers Game

mesaSteeler
10-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Group Plans Protest Of Roethlisberger Before Steelers Game
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/print/25394718/detail.html

PITTSBURGH -- One group told Channel 4 Action News that it's planning to protest quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's return to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

Sarah Ainirial told Action News reporter Marcie Cipriani that she and her group are planning a tailgate protest outside Heinz Field before the Steelers game against the Cleveland Browns at 1 p.m.

"We're just a group of Pittsburghers who aren't OK with what happened and aren't OK with Big Ben being brought back to the field," said Ainirial.

Ainirial said Roethlisberger's four-game suspension after a sexual assault allegation by a 20-year-old Georgia college student was too lenient and sends the wrong message.

"Players are supposed to conduct themselves in a certain manor. Players have been traded and cut from teams for things such as DUIs, drug use, bar fights. So why is it when someone is accused of assault they're just given a suspension? That's not OK. That's not adequate and we feel as though a lot of it is because of what a valuable player Ben Roethlisberger is," said Ainirial.

Roethlisberger was never charged in the case.

Cipriani reported that Heinz Field officials said security will check fans and confiscate any vulgar or inappropriate material targeting Roethlisberger or any other player.

Pittsburgh police said they are aware of the protest plans and said a decision will be made Friday on whether or not more officers will be needed, Cipriani reported.

Police said the group does not have a permit to march.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Players have been traded and cut from teams for things such as DUIs, drug use, bar fights. So why is it when someone is accused of assault they're just given a suspension?

Because they at least need to be formally charged first, you dizzy bimbo....

MaidenIndiana
10-16-2010, 01:11 AM
Well it's a free country so if they want to gather together and be idiots they're allowed to

MasterOfPuppets
10-16-2010, 02:47 AM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/stain13ss/BullDykes.png

SteelKnight
10-16-2010, 03:53 AM
Players have been traded and cut from teams for things such as DUIs, drug use, bar fights. So why is it when someone is accused of assault they're just given a suspension?

Agreed. She's a moron.

Well it's a free country so if they want to gather together and be idiots they're allowed to

I wonder if she was even a football fan before this happened. This just gives the media the ability to focus on the 5% instead of the 95% like it is 50/50. The stadium is for watching the game so if she brought tickets to distract the fans during the game, I hope they kick her out. What a B...ruining it with a tailgate protest.

steeltheone
10-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Well atleast that idiot Jessie Jackson wont be there.

BengalDestroyer
10-16-2010, 07:44 AM
I guess accusations are worse than charges or convictions these days. Or this group of people weren't very popular in high school and are starving for some attention. WTF? get over it already...

Lady Steel
10-16-2010, 08:37 AM

Yes, and wouldn't it be funny if she and her group are formally charged for disorderly conduct, public drunkenness or something?

benny
10-16-2010, 08:52 AM
if somebody wants to make a joke of them selfs ang get know where let them

desertsteel
10-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Ben deserves whatever backlash he gets with his idiotic decisions. I've reached a place where I will give him another chance, but he's the type of guy that if he feels he got away with no significant reprecussion, he'll repeat the behavior.

SteelCityMom
10-16-2010, 09:48 AM
They can protest if they want I guess...but I have a feeling they'll end up getting verbally harassed by others more than they are able to make a point. Free speech and all ya know.

fer522
10-16-2010, 10:01 AM
i wish i could be there to see this, this is gonna be fun
some women and men too still dont understand that he was not charged at all and that he is only guilty of being stupid
and nothing else

Atlanta Dan
10-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - for the Steelers to be confiscating signs that they regard as not being sufficiently deferential to their low life QB in a building that was financed by taxpayer dollars is troubling

It would have been nice if the protester would have been asked what she regards as an appropriate disciplinary action (season's suspension/lifetime ban?), to which players she is referring who have engaged in similar alleged misconduct that did not result in charges being brought that received more severe punishment, and what grounds she believes Goodell would have for imposing a more severe sanction. But as another poster observed, I have my doubts as to whether this lady follows the NFL all that closely

I believe Roethlisberger behaved reprehensibly in Milledgeville but the problem of imposing disciplinary action when no charges are brought creates a lot of issues I am confident the protester does not want to or for that mater know how to address

SteeleReign
10-16-2010, 11:18 AM
This lady and her group have sufficient grounds to protest Ben's behavior. Whether or not he was formally charged and/or convicted, does not change the fact that he acted like a ****y, above-the-law a-hole - by his own admission. This will go away soon if the "new" Ben stays true to his word.

That being said, maybe a group of guys should hang out outside of a bar & protest women acting like drunken idiots too.

finesward
10-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Loopy ****!

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/130/m_4f123cf438024a0aadb97804e3c083bf.jpg

harts
10-16-2010, 11:41 AM
accused does not equal guilty.

these "ladies" are just trying to get attention to themselves
the best way to handle them is to ignore them

jjpro11
10-16-2010, 11:53 AM
they should be protesting s luts drinking alcohol.

lionslicer
10-16-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm sure they know nothing about football and are just crazy feminists who think they are making women look strong and independent but really just making women look stupid and they should be stripped of their sexual organs and replaced with sausages.

StainlessStill
10-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Oh wow, these people deserved to be hit by a car. If I saw these morons and the way these stupid ass woman feel the need to "Act" then I'd run their ass over. Ben was NEVER charged, OR convicted. We should protest, the protesters of this stupid moronic bullshit. Oh yeah, BTW: Good luck with this, in Pittsburgh. What are they going to do? Set up a tent? This is going to be allowed? I'd burn that mother f'er down to the ground. Have fun, dumbass's, all 4 of you.

Stu Pidasso
10-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Someone need to get a picture of one of these twats going into a Port-a-potty with a dude following her in...

SteelKnight
10-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Ben deserves whatever backlash he gets with his idiotic decisions. I've reached a place where I will give him another chance, but he's the type of guy that if he feels he got away with no significant reprecussion, he'll repeat the behavior.

I agree he deserved some kind of backlash and if there was no negative reaction he might not have changed. He might have been arrogant and said "That lying ho". But enough is enough. Personally I think it was a little over the top. It sounds like he gets it now. I think he just needed to mature.

Don't forget that women lie too. Sure ...they are not as violent but they have equal ability to lie. In my heart I know he did not knowingly rape that girl. I'm not 100% sure he didn't do it by accident (unknowingly) from being drunk but if that is the case (or he is completely innocent), I think he does deserve forgiveness so long as he will not do it again.

We all make mistakes. Go Ben...Redemption!!!

Fire Arians
10-16-2010, 09:59 PM
let's form a mob and jump their asses

sharkweek
10-17-2010, 01:19 AM

LOL yeah what an idiot

we should all accuse this group of genocide and then demand they be punished for it

ZoneBlitzer
10-17-2010, 02:06 AM

Got to buy them drinks first.

stb_steeler
10-17-2010, 08:47 AM
They wont get 500 feet near Ben i can tell ya that....He wont even know they were even there until some one points it out after the game. They might be in for a surprise when they meet up with most fans. Their gonna need the extra police. :rofl:

Lady Steel
10-17-2010, 11:21 AM
I wonder if they have to have a permit to protest in the 'Burgh. If so, maybe they will not know that and will be arrested.

tony hipchest
10-17-2010, 11:31 AM
hopefully the police are around to keep things safe.

a few canisters of tear gas and about 100 rounds of rubber bullets should do the trick.

BigRick
10-17-2010, 12:17 PM

I totally agree! But let me ask this. Why is when a man talks dirty to a woman it's sexual harassment, but when a woman talks dirty to a man it's $4.99 a minute?:rofl:

MasterOfPuppets
10-17-2010, 07:45 PM
hopefully the police are around to keep things safe.

a few canisters of tear gas and about 100 rounds of rubber bullets should do the trick.
oooooo...don't forget the water canon !!! then there can be a wet t-shirt contest ..:applaudit:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/43021000/jpg/_43021581_g8demosgetty_b1.jpg

Walt
10-17-2010, 09:18 PM
I was at the game today and saw this "group" protesting. I counted a total of 17 people. They were holding up signs and were wearing Terrible Towels over their face like masks. Most people were ignoring them.

StainlessStill
10-17-2010, 11:39 PM
I was at the game today and saw this "group" protesting. I counted a total of 17 people. They were holding up signs and were wearing Terrible Towels over their face like masks. Most people were ignoring them.

What losers. All they did was waste their time only to get heckled. Typical women bullshit that wants to get noticed, to only cause a ruckus for nothing. Did they really start a movement with this? I don't think so. Hope they went home proud of their retarded actions.

Fire Arians
10-17-2010, 11:57 PM

17 vs 60,000+ lol, i think we have a winner

SoCalFan
10-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Good thing the press didnt show those loosers!!!

mesaSteeler
10-18-2010, 12:11 AM
Small group protests Roethlisberger's return
Sunday, October 17, 2010
By Kaitlynn Riely, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Bob Donaldson/Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10290/1096050-100.stm

About two dozen people protested Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's return to the Steelers' lineup by marching from the National Aviary to Heinz Field.

About 20 people holding signs in protest against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger walked from the National Aviary on the city's North Side to Heinz Field today.

The group, which was protesting Mr. Roethlisberger's return as quarterback after a four-game suspension for violating the National Football League's personal conduct policy, was greatly outnumbered by other Steelers fans wearing No. 7 football jerseys and chanting in support of Mr. Roethlisberger.

For more than an hour, the group of protesters, later joined by an eight-person, self-described "radical marching band," stood outside the main entrance to Heinz Field, holding signs that said "Big Ben's a jagoff: Steelers fans against sexual assault" and "Consent is not a game."

Hundreds of Steelers fans who walked by the group, many of them wearing Roethlisberger jerseys, traded insults and yelled their support for the newly reinstated quarterback.

In March, Mr. Roethlisberger was accused of sexually assaulting a 20-year-old female Georgia college student after a night of drinking in a Milledgeville, Ga., bar. He was not charged by Georgia authorities.
More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10290/1096050-100.stm#ixzz12cpDJRL9

MasterOfPuppets
10-18-2010, 12:16 AM
all the bengal fans needed something to do today ...:noidea:

mesaSteeler
10-18-2010, 12:23 AM
I thought they were clowns myself.

SteelCityMom
10-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Small group protests Ben Roethlisberger's return
Monday, October 18, 2010
By Kaitlynn Riely, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201010/rad_101710_l_1_roethlisberg_500.jpg
Bob Donaldson/Post-Gazette
Two dozen people, many covering their faces with gold bandanas, protested Ben Roethlisberger's return to the Steelers by marching from the National Aviary to Heinz Field.

The two dozen people holding signs outside the main entrance to Heinz Field Sunday had a self-described "radical marching band," a tailgate with vegan options and a message: Drop Big Ben.

Most of the protesters wore black shirts or sweatshirts and bandanas over their noses and mouths, though there was one female protester dressed as a ninja turtle. (the hell??) They described themselves as Steelers fans and held signs that said "Don't Let Big Ben Rape Again" and "Consent is not a game."

For more than an hour as they stood outside Heinz Field, they argued against Ben Roethlisberger's return as Steelers quarterback following a four-game suspension for violating the National Football League's personal conduct policy.

"We think it's shameful and embarrassing," said Alecia Ott, 24, of Garfield, one of the event's organizers. "And people frankly can't cheer for the team when they know that there is a sexual predator on the team, on the roster."

But as Steelers fans tailgated and made their way into Heinz Field for the Sunday afternoon game against the Cleveland Browns, it appeared Ms. Ott and the other protesters held the minority view.

Thousands of Steelers fans passed by the protesters on their way to the game, many of them wearing the No. 7 jersey of Mr. Roethlisberger and many more trading taunts with the protesters and voicing their support for the quarterback.
One of Mr. Roethlisberger's supporters was Kathy Alvarez, originally from Pittsburgh but now living in Smyrna, Ga. She and her two nephews stood opposite a protest sign and held up a sign welcoming Mr. Roethlisberger back.

"I really think that there's not charges filed against him, so we need to support him," she said.

The lack of charges filed against him, and the legal concept of innocent until proven guilty, were frequent points made by people who stopped at the protest.
The group is not ignoring the fact that he has not been charged, Ms. Ott said, but she said "it's just not the most important thing for us."

"We don't care whether he was charged or not," she said. "It's definitely important to get the word out there that he is a sexual predator because of his actions, and he violated consent." (really you dumb slag...prove it)

In March, Mr. Roethlisberger was accused of sexually assaulting a 20-year-old female Georgia college student after a night of drinking in a Milledgeville, Ga., bar. He was not charged by Georgia authorities.

A woman in Nevada also filed a civil lawsuit against Mr. Roethlisberger last year, accusing him of sexual assault.

Most of the complaints against the group revolved around many of the protesters' decision to cover their faces with bandanas and hoods.

Ms. Ott, who did not have her face covered, said the group had received threats online and many people felt they should keep their faces covered for safety reasons.

Kaitlynn Riely: kriely@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1707.
Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10291/1096072-66.stm#ixzz12jumn3IP

Lady Steel
10-18-2010, 03:09 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201010/rad_101710_l_1_roethlisberg_500.jpg

Looks like Heaven's Gate leftovers.

there was one female protester dressed as a ninja turtle (the hell??)

:toofunny:

SteelersinCA
10-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Group Plans Protest Of Roethlisberger Before Steelers Game
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/print/25394718/detail.html

PITTSBURGH -- One group told Channel 4 Action News that it's planning to protest quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's return to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday...

"Players are supposed to conduct themselves in a certain manor.

I can't decide which is more disturbing, the fact that these chics think accusations are enough to keep someone out of the league or the fact that the reporter misspelled "manner."

Shea
10-19-2010, 12:33 AM
Why the hell the masks?

Idiots.