PDA

View Full Version : KIMO to the Jets.

FanecaFan66
03-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Kimo is headed to NY. I just heard it on ESPN.

Now we gotta get that deal done with Keisel

Corban
03-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Agreed, we have to sign the D now!

BB2W
I just heard that... Did they say 3 years 9 million???

MNsteelers
Yeah, I heard that too, man. They'll sign Keisel, I don't think it was ever a question.

FanecaFan66
03-14-2006, 05:11 PM
3 year deal i think 9 million was it

Prosdo
03-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Sad to see Kimo go. Good luck to him. We gotta sign Keisel.

tony hipchest
i wonder if this means a bidding war for keisel? and if the steelers are ready to pay him whatever the market demands. especially if they plan on letting hope go.

MNsteelers
Agreed, we have to sign the D now!

We're fine. There's a lot of time left, the cap over the next two years is huge, so there really isn't anything to worry about. Don't get me wrong, I love Kimo, but I wouldn't be happy if Pittsburgh gave him 3 years 9 million. God bless him, I wish him the best (and I really hope he gets a chance to stick it to Cincinnati at some point).

We'll probably want to look around for another Kimo-type of guy. Veteran tackle who can play end in a 3-4. The draft doesn't look very optimistic for that type of player.

Koopa
03-14-2006, 05:13 PM
i'm sure keisel will come back cause he wanted a chance to start and now he'll get that chance. so we'll be fine, we can hopefully draft wright in the first round to put some depth there and maybe pair him with a fellow longhorn in hampton

Corban
03-14-2006, 05:16 PM
We're fine. There's a lot of time left, the cap over the next two years is huge, so there really isn't anything to worry about. Don't get me wrong, I love Kimo, but I wouldn't be happy if Pittsburgh gave him 3 years 9 million. God bless him, I wish him the best (and I really hope he gets a chance to stick it to Cincinnati at some point).

We'll probably want to look around for another Kimo-type of guy. Veteran tackle who can play end in a 3-4. The draft doesn't look very optimistic for that type of player.

Ya I agree, I would not have liked the Steelers to give him that deal. And I wish him good luck, he was a great player for us. We will be fine

SteelerFanInCA
03-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Kimo will be missed but I agree we will be totally fine without him. Hmm, I wonder if the Bengals play the Jets next year.

Suitanim
03-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Time for Keisel to shine. Fare thee well, Kimo...you got your ring and your payday.

MNsteelers
03-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Lemme ask everyone on here something: If I was to write a farewell column on Kimo for the Featured Article section on this site (I'm the guy who usually has something up there), would anyone really care? I'd love to give you guys 3500 words on how Randle-El just became the most overpaid professional athlete on this planet, but I figure that's kind of old and negative. Rather do something positive. Your thoughts, please....

clevestinks
03-14-2006, 05:35 PM
I`m bummed! I know he was getting old, but i like Kimo. I`m sure we will end up better off, but Thank you Kimo!

Ambridge
03-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Good Luck-Kimo

Nothing like finishing out a career by going from a Superbowl winner to more than likely a very putrid Jets team in '06 and beyond.

Maniac43
03-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Kimo is headed to NY. I just heard it on ESPN.

Now we gotta get that deal done with Keisel
Just read on another steelers site they're close to signing Keisel & Shea

FanecaFan66
03-14-2006, 05:38 PM
well I can tell you this much. I have all the respect in the world for Kimo. He was a class act, and he moved on and got a big pay day, and I wish him all the best because his hardwork here earned it. We're moving on with Keisel which I'm happy about because he has a tremendous upside, so this makes sense to me.

But, I once had an interaction with Kimo at the opening day game in 2003. After the game Troy who was a rookie at the time was signing autographs for everyone in the parking lot afterwards. And then I turn around to see Kimo getting in a hummer driven by his wife. My dad and I approached him and he signed for us, bullshitted for a couple minutes and was a hell of a guy. So I'd personally like to see something nice written about him. Cause he was a class act

Petesburgh66
03-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Kimo got a $3.2 million signing bonus as part of his three-year, $9.2 million deal. Man, the Jets are going to regret this signing. Kimo in my book should have retired. But I can't blame him if some dumbass owner is willing to give him at least 3.2 million.

Corban
03-14-2006, 06:07 PM
I think Kimo as nothing but a class act the entire time he was here. His name was great, he played with heart, and seemed to have a respect to the game of football that few players seem to have these days. So ya, a story on him would be a great read.

Man_Of_Steel
03-14-2006, 06:19 PM
I think Kimo as nothing but a class act the entire time he was here. His name was great, he played with heart, and seemed to have a respect to the game of football that few players seem to have these days. So ya, a story on him would be a great read.

I agree with that 100%. What a class act he was, especially with the fans. A great guy and a great family man. Best of luck to him with the Jets, he will be missed.

Suitanim
03-14-2006, 06:25 PM
There's really nothing wrong with him doing what he's doing. He was going to lose his job to Keisel one way or another. This way, he gets his payday, gets his ring, goes and provides leadership on a bottom wrung NFL team for a year, and retires a richer man than the Steelers would have made him...it's a business, and he made a business decision.

This doesn't excuse ARE...what he did was much different.

steelersgirl86
03-14-2006, 06:31 PM
darn...sad to see him go...I just got his autograph this past summer at training camp...good luck KIMO

beSteelmyheart
03-14-2006, 06:56 PM
What a bummer. He was one of my favorite players. I'll miss you, Kimo!

SteelerMurf
03-14-2006, 07:17 PM
I came to really love Kimo this past year. He seemed to play with so much passion this year he was an animal. I cannot blame the guy for making that kind of money at 35 years old. Good for him. No hard feelings and............welcome to the Deisel era.

Stlrs4Life
03-14-2006, 08:19 PM
Good Luck Kimo, you are a class act.

WWIIOwheelz
03-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Kimo gone makes me sad, like him a lot as a player. I'm happy he got a ring as a Steeler in a historic way, he deserves it.

The Jets get a class player in the twilight of his career.

BlackNGold203
03-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Hate to see him go...but thats a GREAT payday for a 35 yr old DE...

He had no choice..he HAD to take the $$$$

Best of luck Kimo!

melroseplace
03-14-2006, 09:13 PM
I feel the same way as pretty much everyone here...I really like Kimo, on and off the field. he seems like a great guy and he's a good football player, I'm happy he got a ring and now got some money.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Kimo gone makes me sad, like him a lot as a player. I'm happy he got a ring as a Steeler in a historic way, he deserves it.

The Jets get a class player in the twilight of his career.

Couldnt have said it better myself. I will miss Kimo in a big way. He was awesome for us ever since we signed him over from the bengals..

You'll always be a Steeler Kimo, and we'll miss you man !!

DIESELMAN
03-15-2006, 01:33 AM
Good Luck Kimo!!!!! Out with the old http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2004-12-23/1226stkimoa-b.jpg in with the new http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/30/300422.jpg

Haiku_Dirtt
03-15-2006, 02:03 AM
i'm sure keisel will come back cause he wanted a chance to start and now he'll get that chance. so we'll be fine, we can hopefully draft wright in the first round to put some depth there and maybe pair him with a fellow longhorn in hampton

I respect your Longhorn loyalty and Casey is the best defensive player we have...until Troy takes over. Who else can knock the middle of an offensive line into the cheerleaders?

Smith, Casey and Kiesel are not weak links. We're lacking depth at tailback.

TasmanianTroy271
03-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Wish we could've kept him, but I can see why he left. He probably thought, hey, these guys want to pay me this much money, I only have a few years left, and Brett's gonna be the starter, I'll go where I can start for another year. Best of luck to him, I hope he does great.