PDA

View Full Version : obligatory " T.O. cut by eagles" post

tony hipchest
03-14-2006, 06:39 PM
t.o. was cut by the eagles, but we all knew this was gonna happen. dallas cut keyshawn and are frontrunners along with denver for him

Suitanim
03-14-2006, 07:12 PM
"We should pick him up...he'd look good in the black and gold!"

<< Numerous clueless Steelers fans >>

MichiSteeler
03-14-2006, 07:41 PM
I was just wondering today when that was going to happen. I wouldnt be surprised to see him in Kansas City. Last i heard the chiefs were anxiously awaiting him being cut.

MattsMe
03-14-2006, 10:12 PM
I wouldnt be surprised to see him in Kansas City. Last i heard the chiefs were anxiously awaiting him being cut.

I think T.O. would be very happy in KC. He seems like the type of receiver who doesn't mind losing, as long as he gets plenty of catches. (selfish bastard) And we all know how much the Chiefs value a strong offense over a winning team.

Zez
03-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Maybe Detroit will sign him, I believe they are short on receivers. :rolleyes:

TexaSteeler
03-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Maybe Detroit will sign him, I believe they are short on receivers. :rolleyes:

I'll agree with anything that will get Matt Millen fired.

Lyn
03-15-2006, 12:48 PM
I saw keyshawn on Steven A. Smith and he very bluntly told Steven that he would not play on the same team as TO. Now that they have let Keyshawn go it makes me wonder if Jerry Jones is going to cut a check to TO.

I guess we will know soon enougfh!

Suitanim
03-15-2006, 06:31 PM
It's like a battered woman...she knows that it's unhealthy as Hell to stay with the guy, she knows better, but she just keeps going back, in spite of everyone trying to tell her what a huge mistake it will be.

DIESELMAN
03-16-2006, 03:02 AM
What if he went to Miami?Heres a take from ESPN Insider's Sean Salisbury "As controversial as it may sound, the Dolphins' next step should be to sign Terrell. A lineup with Owens and Chris Chambers at receiver, Randy McMichael at tight end, Ronnie Brown at running back and Culpepper at quarterback would be extraordinarily difficult to defend.
They would have the type of offensive balance that wins championships, especially when it's coupled with the Dolphins' typically stout defense. Coach Mularkey is an innovative coordinator, and I'm sure he would salivate at the opportunity to coach that type of talent. He's going to craft a gameplan that takes full advantage of the Dolphins' talent with or without Owens, but I'm sure he would kill for the chance to throw Owens into that mix.

Owens would fit in well with the Dolphins, because coach Nick Saban is not going to take the crap that other coaches have allowed Owens in the past few seasons. We wouldn't hear Owens spouting off in interviews, because Saban firmly believes in team chemistry and isn't going to let anyone believe for very long that he is more special than any other player. Saban is going to nip any problems in the bud and won't let them linger.
Also, Miami would be a perfect place for Owens because it is such a veteran-laden team with an already established leadership in place that knows how to handle fellow players. These players work hard throughout the season, and Owens wouldn't be able to say he outworks everyone else and that's why he should be able to say what he wants. He would have no excuses and might get back to just playing football and keeping his mouth shut"
By Sean Salisbury
ESPN Insider

Yeah I know put the pipe down but you never know its worth thinking about....

Livinginthe past
03-16-2006, 03:44 AM
I would love to see T.O. in Miami - it would make a Patriots fan very happy.

They have such a great team of vets unlike the Eagles who have no idea about success or how to handle 'willful' players like T.O.

There is no way Saban will put up with his B.S. - just because no-one else has managed it ..doesn't mean a 2nd year HC can't tame him.

T.O. - putting the 'My' and the 'Me' back into Miami (Copyright LITP2006)

NM

Hawk Believer
03-16-2006, 09:28 PM
I am embarrassed to say that there are people out here in Seattle that are starting to play the "what if we had TO?" game. I don't know why people think he will be any less disasterous this time around compared to every other team he has devoured. Its like a girl who dates a bad boy loser but thinks she can change him if she just loves him more than any has before.:dang:

Hopefully no one in our front office is considering. Even though we need a deep threat guy, I really don't want us to swallow the poison pill.

Suitanim
03-16-2006, 09:44 PM
The kids don't recognize the integrity that's at risk. It's definitely a "Win at any cost" mentality that prevails now...

Steel - X
03-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, free agent WR Terrell Owens' (Eagles) agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has denied a report from KLBK-13 CBS TV in Lubbock, Texas, that Owens has agreed to a deal with the Dallas Cowboys. While Rosenhaus is denying the report, a source close to Owens has confirmed to FOXSports.com that Owens has agreed to a three-year deal and it will not be announced until the coming days.

Suitanim
03-17-2006, 06:47 PM
If I was a hardnosed, disciplined Cowboy player who earned a modest (comparitavely, of course) salary, and worked hard to get it, signing this douchebag would piss me off.

Hawk Believer
03-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Remeber years ago when TO spiked the ball on the Cowboy's logo midfield twice and the second time one of the Cowboys leveled him? I can't imagine Dallas residents have forgotten that.

Hawk Believer
03-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Pictures of said incident. Its rare that I will support an hit after play, but I think this was a great moment for football. George Teague was the dude who hit him.

http://ardmoreite.com/images/092500/dallasnfl.jpg

http://www.sportshollywood.com/images/owens.jpg

Suitanim
03-18-2006, 07:02 PM
The Cowboys deserve whatever bad outcome results of this signing they get...