PDA

View Full Version : Interesting stat from today's game

GMU Steeler
10-17-2010, 04:29 PM
I know our O-Line isn't the greatest always but there were 0 sacks on Ben today.
Looks like: Starks-Kemo-Pouncey-Legursky-Adams is a solid group. Mendenhall and Redman are making some nice runs too. We seem to be better at killing the clock than we did last year. Hope it continues.

theplatypus
10-17-2010, 04:45 PM
and to top it off the ravens just lost

Sitting on top of the AFC North!!!

GMU Steeler
10-17-2010, 04:47 PM
and to top it off the ravens just lost

Sitting on top of the AFC North!!!

Yep, glad it went deep in to OT too. Hopefully it will result in them being tired for the final stretch of the season. Too bad we didn't beat them last wee because then they' be 3-3 now oh well. Nice to be back on top of course.

vasteeler
10-17-2010, 06:50 PM
I know our O-Line isn't the greatest always but there were 0 sacks on Ben today.
Looks like: Starks-Kemo-Pouncey-Legursky-Adams is a solid group. Mendenhall and Redman are making some nice runs too. We seem to be better at killing the clock than we did last year. Hope it continues.

and we scored td's and not fg's:tt02:

Fire Arians
10-17-2010, 07:12 PM
and we scored td's and not fg's:tt02:

4 for 4 in the red zone, happens when your offense has a good balance

lionslicer
10-17-2010, 07:14 PM

I'm surprised Arians didn't start passing alot when Mendy was getting stuffed, good for him for staying committed.

Fire Arians
10-17-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm surprised Arians didn't start passing alot when Mendy was getting stuffed, good for him for staying committed.

wait my bad it was 3 for 3. wallace's td was from 29 yards, but still the running game is what's making it happen. yep im actually not cursing out arians after this game which is unusual

lionslicer
10-17-2010, 07:23 PM
wait my bad it was 3 for 3. wallace's td was from 29 yards, but still the running game is what's making it happen. yep im actually not cursing out arians after this game which is unusual

Lets hope it stays that way

MasterOfPuppets
10-17-2010, 07:30 PM
actually arians had a nice balance of run / pass on 1st and second downs. most if not all the deep balls were on 1st down.

3rdandlong
10-17-2010, 07:32 PM

The Browns had one of the best redzone defenses coming into today's game, so 4 out of 4 says something. Offensive line did a great job!

SteelKnight
10-17-2010, 07:41 PM

Yeah. the O-line has been playing well all season. Now it is on Ben. he shouldn't come in there and make them look bad. He threw it away a couple of times today...great. Those would have been two sacks before. He also got it away for some big plays. fair compromise. I hope he keeps it up.

We panic all the time but maybe we don't need a brand new line. Pouncey has made all the difference. Good job Legursky too. Even Adams is doing well. Hopefully he can stay one more year while we search for his replacement.

Eh...it was OK. There were some 2nd down runs that I didn't like that forced us into 3rd downs we had to gamble to make and we lost. Run Run Pass doesn't always work. I was pleased on first and 3rd down (as far as choices)...just a few more 2nd down passes.

btaylor
10-17-2010, 07:41 PM
thought ben threw an int in the red zone

Fire Arians
10-17-2010, 07:43 PM
thought ben threw an int in the red zone

im not sure if they were inside the 20 when that happened, i have to rewatch the game

for now though im gonna enjoy my beers and the win

scsteeler
10-17-2010, 10:32 PM

Pouncey is the real key to that O-line being better, if Hartwig was still playing we would be seeing the sack attack on all QB's. Great center play makes it much easier for the line to perform.

Fire Haley
10-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Pouncey was the beast from hell. Punking those shitstains all day.

He dominated the inside LOS from the first snap.

New RG? No problem. New LG? No problem. Foster filled the gaps.