PDA

View Full Version : Steelers are #1 in the AFC North

NYC_Steeler
10-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but thank you Patriots! Ravens lost and Steelers have sole possession of 1st place. Now they really need to figure out how the heck a rookie QB like Colt managed to get almost 300 yards against this D - that was just unreal. Not enough blitzes, poor judgement by defenders leaving receivers wide open, etc. The run D was excellent - again. As for the offense, it took awhile, but they started clicking in the 2nd half. Ben just needs to coordinate his timing and elevation - badly overthrown balls, but he'll be fine.

Watch out NFL, the Steelers are here: healthy and hungry. This is really going to be an interesting year: OUR YEAR!

Steel_Bus_24
10-17-2010, 04:12 PM
That level of play won't cut it against Miami......

It feels like Pre-season again

But Im feeling better now that Balt lost

MasterOfPuppets
10-17-2010, 04:15 PM
its a good thing they got bmac back to save the secondary ...:coffee:

SteelKnight
10-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Our pass D has been bend but don't break all year...in the average range. Last year the pas D was horrendous without Troy.

We need to fix it because eventually we will break like the ravens. Teams have been completing 2/3rds of their passes against us and we are in the worst 1/3rd when it comes to allowing fist fdowns via the pass.

I'm happy the Pats won. we needed that because the Ravens won't lose too many games. This way if we can beat them in the second match, we can win the division even with losing 2 more games so long as they are non-divisional games.

I think we should release Randel El, find a great PR, give Sanders the #3 spot. If Brown can handle it, fine but we need some production out of PR.

theplatypus
10-17-2010, 04:18 PM
That level of play won't cut it against Miami......

It feels like Pre-season again

But Im feeling better now that Balt lost

I'm wondering how many times you're going to say this.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=59876&page=30

PhantomJB93
10-17-2010, 04:19 PM
We need to stop this prevent bull$hit as games wind down, its so annoying and it unecessarily allows teams back in games, I dont understand the point of letting up like that...its gonna bite us in the a$$ REAL soon...

Fire Arians
10-17-2010, 04:20 PM
a lot of those yards colt passed for was in garbage time playing catchup. the most important stat is 10 points allowed. I don't care if he passed for 800 yards, if they only score 10 pts, defense did their job

SteelKnight
10-17-2010, 06:33 PM
a lot of those yards colt passed for was in garbage time playing catchup. the most important stat is 10 points allowed. I don't care if he passed for 800 yards, if they only score 10 pts, defense did their job

Yeah I guess but some were not. We just have a leaky defense pass wise. I'm hoping they tighten it up.

If I asked you between Ben and Colt

Who will have more passing yards?
Who will have more completions?
Who will have a higher completion percentage?

You would have never guessed it would be Colt, Colt, Colt.

They just have to tighten it up before NO and NE because we may bend and accidentally break.

Colts a nice kid and someone fun to root for. I was disappointed the Browns selected him. I wish they took someone i didn't like like Clausen.

Fire Arians
10-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah I guess but some were not. We just have a leaky defense pass wise. I'm hoping they tighten it up.

If I asked you between Ben and Colt

Who will have more passing yards?
Who will have more completions?
Who will have a higher completion percentage?

You would have never guessed it would be Colt, Colt, Colt.

They just have to tighten it up before NO and NE because we may bend and accidentally break.

Colts a nice kid and someone fun to root for. I was disappointed the Browns selected him. I wish they took someone i didn't like like Clausen.

true, they have room to improve but they're not doing bad at all. ben won in the touchdowns department and lost in the interception count, that matters more :)

SteelKnight
10-17-2010, 06:52 PM
true, they have room to improve but they're not doing bad at all. ben won in the touchdowns department and lost in the interception count, that matters more :)

Yeah...I agree. I was pleased with the O-play selection except a few second down runs that were predictable and unsuccessful. If Ben had connected on those 3 passes, he might have had 5 TDs. LOL

I'm glad we started his season with a gimmie.

Next warm up is Miami.

Our pass D is still horrendous. Seriously. It wasn't always that way. Two years ago we were #1 or 2. We are 22nd now. We are also 26th for completion percentage allowed (7th worst). We are now allowing better than a 2/3rd chance of completing the ball on pass plays. What makes us look good is our run D and we usually stop them form scoring just in time. It's a leaky Bend but no break.

To understand how bad a feeling the 2/3rds is, imagine when you see a passing play and you see the QB take his drop back and you are hoping we can stop them, 2/3rd of the time, we can't. It will be complete. This has to improve.

Fire Arians
10-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Yeah...I agree. I was pleased with the O-play selection except a few second down runs that were predictable and unsuccessful. If Ben had connected on those 3 passes, he might have had 5 TDs. LOL

I'm glad we started his season with a gimmie.

Next warm up is Miami.

Our pass D is still horrendous. Seriously. It wasn't always that way. Two years ago we were #1 or 2. We are 22nd now. We are also 26th for completion percentage allowed (7th worst). We are now allowing better than a 2/3rd chance of completing the ball on pass plays. What makes us look good is our run D and we usually stop them form scoring just in time. It's a leaky Bend but no break.

To understand how bad a feeling the 2/3rds is, imagine when you see a passing play and you see the QB take his drop back and you are hoping we can stop them, 2/3rd of the time, we can't. It will be complete. This has to improve.

True, hopefully all the yards given up this time was due to a lack of game film to study on McCoy, and it seemed like their main concern coming into this game was not to let Cribbs beat them (helps that harrison knocked him out of the game).

But this is bad news for the future, looks like McCoy is a winner and the browns could have possibly found a franchise qb. I was hoping he'd rot on the bench behind delhomme the int machine lol. with good qb'ing, cleveland could turn into a tough team in the near future, their defense isn't bad and hillis is a tough runner.

sharkweek
10-18-2010, 03:47 AM

McCoy also had something like only 160-180 yards before we were up 28-10.

While I generally hate prevent defenses when the lead is small, at 18 points prevent defense is fine as it does prevent the quick score as well as encouraging plays to stay in bounds and keep the clock running.

However its true, if there is a weakness on our defense its the DBs

But we also have to consider that when we so thoroughly shut down another teams' running game and have a lead on them they become one dimensional through the air, and its statistics that some of those plays are just going to connect however the likelihood of INTs increases as well, and we did come away with two INTs.

ricardisimo
10-18-2010, 04:09 AM
I'd like to see McFadden and Gay alternating as they did the SB year. Gay might not be an every-down player yet, but he's more active with the ball in the air, and quite honestly, no one seems to be afraid of Bryant. They're going to be throwing at him all game, every game.