PDA

View Full Version : Does Terry hate us?

meanfish
10-17-2010, 05:53 PM
I'd read a few weeks ago something about Terry Bradshaw wishing he'd have played down south somewhere and there is of course his ongoing tif with Big Ben. But, I swear his partner on FOX just said the Steelers may be the best team in the NFL and he just sat there w/ a stupid look on his face... no comment one way or the other and they went to commercial. I know things weren't always rosey (4 titles, yes), and I was there on a Monday night game against Indy when he said how much he'd forgiven, blah, blah, blah. I'm just curious, have any of you seen anything recently as to his feelings toward Pittsburgh?

Fire Arians
10-17-2010, 06:27 PM
hes just pissed because ben is a better qb than he ever was

lionslicer
10-17-2010, 06:34 PM
I don't think he hates the Steelers, I've heard him say good things about the Steelers and sometimes be the only person who picked them to win a game when everyone else picked against them.

On the other hand he went through a lot during his years in Pittsburgh, I wouldn't doubt he hates the city in general, but no the team.

vasteeler
10-17-2010, 06:49 PM
I'd read a few weeks ago something about Terry Bradshaw wishing he'd have played down south somewhere and there is of course his ongoing tif with Big Ben. But, I swear his partner on FOX just said the Steelers may be the best team in the NFL and he just sat there w/ a stupid look on his face... no comment one way or the other and they went to commercial. I know things weren't always rosey (4 titles, yes), and I was there on a Monday night game against Indy when he said how much he'd forgiven, blah, blah, blah. I'm just curious, have any of you seen anything recently as to his feelings toward Pittsburgh?

i saw that too :noidea:

WeegiesWarriors
10-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Maybe he was hearing in his ear that they were going to commercial so he couldn't start talking.

TB is an entertainer. Whether you are entertained by him or not is irrelevant. He's being paid by Fox.. not the Steelers. He's not suppose to be a cheerleader. He's just suppose to make outrageous comments and act like a slack-jawed southern yokel.

BengalDestroyer
10-17-2010, 07:41 PM
He's harsh when it comes to the Steelers and I do think he's a little jealous of Ben (don't really know why, but I sense it a little) Terry knows the way this organization is run, and expects a lot, and I don't think he'll ever be impressed, even if Ben won three more titles....

Fire Arians
10-17-2010, 07:42 PM
He's harsh when it comes to the Steelers and I do think he's a little jealous of Ben (don't really know why, but I sense it a little) Terry knows the way this organization is run, and expects a lot, and I don't think he'll ever be impressed, even if Ben won three more titles....

he is jealous of ben, but i totally don't understand why. 4 super bowl wins wasn't enough for him? the love the steelers fan base has given him for that wasn't enough? my god man. even if ben wins 10 more trophies, terry will still be known as the first 'great' steeler qb

SmashmouthFootball
10-17-2010, 07:54 PM
On the post-game on Fox about 10 minutes ago he had nothing but good things to say about Ben, even called him a "top 5 QB, without question" in the league.

theplatypus
10-17-2010, 08:31 PM
On the post-game on Fox about 10 minutes ago he had nothing but good things to say about Ben, even called him a "top 5 QB, without question" in the league.

That's what I saw as well. Bradshaw called him "the prodigal son", "a top 5 qb", "2x super bowl winner", "Steelers are the best team in NFL", and "could very well see us in Dallas".

MasterOfPuppets
10-17-2010, 08:38 PM
terry just needs his meds adjusted.

scsteeler
10-17-2010, 10:29 PM
hes just pissed because ben is a better qb than he ever was

True that is Terry's issue he hates the fact that Ben will most likely be considered the best QB in Steeler history if he keeps up the pace he is going.

Terry should keep his mouth shut but hey he is entitled to his opinion, This country is filled with people that don't believe in forgiveness but SPEAK BOLDY ABOUT THEIR CHRISTIAN MORALES AND YET FORGIVENESS SEEMS TO BE MISSING IN THAT.

tony hipchest
10-17-2010, 10:44 PM
terry doesnt hate the steelers, he just makes an effort to remain somewhat objective. thats his style. merril hoge is a complete homer and makes no bones about it. i can deal with both styles.

sometimes i miss watching the FOX pregame show, but bill cowher on CBS seals the deal.

floodcitygirl
10-17-2010, 11:19 PM
terry just needs his meds adjusted.:thumbsup:

vasteeler
10-18-2010, 07:00 AM
terry doesnt hate the steelers, he just makes an effort to remain somewhat objective. thats his style. merril hoge is a complete homer and makes no bones about it. i can deal with both styles.

sometimes i miss watching the FOX pregame show, but bill cowher on CBS seals the deal.

agreed, thats the pregame show i always watch. the only one i dont care for on that show is dan marino

wootawnee
10-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Whats with all the TB hatin around here...........You guys forget how good he really was?..........He is Number 50 all time for crying out loud..........Thats one of the best ever.........Come on man.......

stb_steeler
10-18-2010, 01:08 PM

I agree, id love to see TB and BC head to head on CBS...

steeltheone
10-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Love Terry B. True Steeler thru and thru!

Lady Steel
10-18-2010, 04:15 PM
I don't think Terry hates the Steelers, but I do think he doesn't like Ben at all. Terry gives Ben credit where credit is due, as well he should in his position on FOX, but I don't think Terry likes Ben as a person.

SteelerFaninMaryland
10-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Terry doesn't hate us, I just think he doesn't like Ben's character to much. Nothing personal against us, and come on now he is one the greatest Steelers to ever play for us.

steelerdave1969
10-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Terry Bradshaw would never win in todays NFL. The man threw way too many INT's to be an NFL player right now, thats why he doesnt like Ben. Ben is more loved right now that Terry and he is just jealous.

wootawnee
10-20-2010, 02:38 AM
Terry just wants Ben to shape up.......Its just the way he comes across bothers some of you..........That is just tough love........You gotta learn to accept the tough love, cause it's still love........

CaliStillersFan
10-20-2010, 10:02 AM
I can't stand Terry and I'm glad he sat there with his mouth shut; if he ain't got anything positive to say, it's better he keeps his mouth shut. With all that BS about Ben when he did and admitted to doing the EXACT same things when he played was the final straw with me - what a total and complete hypocrite. He's just like every other stupid jock, it's all about his ego and since he knows Ben will crush every Steelers record he holds, he acts like a teenage girl. I actually can't stand anyone on Fox's panel on Sunday mornings, so Terry fits in perfect with all the other tools errr so called analysts on that show. Just because he helped win 4 SB's 40 years ago doesn't mean I have to love him forever.