PDA

View Full Version : Flozell Adams' open field tackle on Joe Haden

Fire Arians
10-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Anyone else go 'Holy shit!!' on that play? lol. Interceptions always suck but that was some hustle by the big man. And of course the size difference looked like a grown man bodyslamming a midget lol.

jjpro11
10-17-2010, 08:27 PM
i was too pissed off at the time to enjoy it.. but looking back, it was pretty cool.

mesaSteeler
10-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Has Adams been flagged a lot this season?

I seem to recall the rap on him in wretched hole sometimes called Dallas was that he was given to a lot of personal foul penalties. If so he seemed to have reformed his act since he became a Steeler.

finesward
10-17-2010, 09:34 PM
i loved it, could of saved a score, ya never know... i loved how he just kinda picked the kid up and put him down like a toddler getting his diaper changed.

RowHH
10-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Definitely the first time I've heard people laugh after the Steelers were intercepted. I was in 523 today and the people around me went from screaming/pleading for a tackle to cracking up. And I do think it saved a TD.

Merchant
10-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Interesting tackling technique :chuckle: it got the job done I suppose

StainlessStill
10-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Flo was a nice pickup and took some heat during pre-season. It didn't take him long to get warmed up learning a new position though and he hasn't really been penalized. That's coaching/discipline. But that tackle was impressive.

Fire Haley
10-18-2010, 10:16 AM
That tackle was cool as hell.

Like a barn door appearing from nowhere and clocking that dude

SteelCityMom
10-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Damn, I'm going to have to look for this when I watch the game again, I missed it. Tried to find a video of it and no such luck.

vasteeler
10-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Has Adams been flagged a lot this season?

I seem to recall the rap on him in wretched hole sometimes called Dallas was that he was given to a lot of personal foul penalties. If so he seemed to have reformed his act since he became a Steeler.

i think hes had a few

but yesterday i dont think there was a flag at thrown at our o-line

BengalDestroyer
10-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Anyone else go 'Holy shit!!' on that play? lol. Interceptions always suck but that was some hustle by the big man. And of course the size difference looked like a grown man bodyslamming a midget lol.

Yes, those were actually my exact words!!

Fire Arians
10-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Damn, I'm going to have to look for this when I watch the game again, I missed it. Tried to find a video of it and no such luck.

couldn't find it on youtube either, but i did find this funny clip of him laying marion barber out after a touchdown. i don't think the big fella realizes how big he is sometimes lol, hopefully he doesnt do this to mendenhall :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMGiaXRO4Tw