PDA

View Full Version : Is it time we try out Brown on punt returns?

Fire Arians
10-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Randle El muffed 2 punts in 5 games. I'm thinking in that department, brown can't do much worse and has more ability to make plays. I know we're putting El back there as a safety blanket, but it doesn't seem very safe.

Merchant
10-18-2010, 03:26 PM
I've been saying this since the Tennessee game. The only reason for ARE to be back there in the first place was to avoid rookie mistakes. But he's terrible at returns, and shaky when fair-catching it. Time to give Brown or Sanders their shot.

steelerdave1969
10-18-2010, 08:41 PM
I agree with you guys up there ^ ^, but I also wish we had a Punter that would or could pin the other teams down inside the 20 yard line like other great punters seem to do against us over and over.

sharkweek
10-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Its probably already a situational thing. If we can risk it (ie up a score or two) and the punter isn't holding back to pin us deep and thus there is room for a return I think we'd see someone other than Randle El very soon.

figg
10-18-2010, 11:02 PM
I agree with you guys up there ^ ^, but I also wish we had a Punter that would or could pin the other teams down inside the 20 yard line like other great punters seem to do against us over and over.

Their punter was punting from the 40 and 50 yrd line. We dont have a problem at the punter position.

tony hipchest
10-19-2010, 12:40 AM
their punter was using the "aussi roll".

perhaps our punter should learn the "aussi roll". :rolleyes:

(not to be confused with sushi or the california roll).

MattsMe
10-19-2010, 02:32 AM

:doh:

One of Sepulveda's biggest strengths was always pinning opponents inside the 20. He was known for that in college. I haven't really paid too much attention to that this year though. Maybe Tony's right about the sushi roll.

ricardisimo
10-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Sepulveda has had some great clutch punts this year, but the general assessment is that he won't be 100% until maybe next year. He supposedly still doesn't trust his plant leg completely.

ricardisimo
10-19-2010, 04:36 PM
I agree with you that we should be conserving our natural and digital resources, and start using smaller fonts.

Fire Arians
10-19-2010, 04:51 PM
I agree with you that we should be conserving our natural and digital resources, and start using smaller fonts.

jesus what is that, an eye exam?

ricardisimo
10-19-2010, 04:58 PM
The one thing I didn't address was the OP's question: It's been time since week one to try someone else out at PR.

ZoneBlitzer
10-19-2010, 07:51 PM
The one thing I didn't address was the OP's question: It's been time since week one to try someone else out at PR.

This should be posted on Tomlin's message board.

lionslicer
10-19-2010, 08:13 PM
I love how people think players don't practice or anything during the week or bye week...

I'm pretty sure he got some reps as punt returner during practice and the coaching staff made their decision based on what they saw..

Steelers have a much better special teams coach this year, he isn't some blind village idiot.

SteelKnight
10-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Randle El muffed 2 punts in 5 games. I'm thinking in that department, brown can't do much worse and has more ability to make plays. I know we're putting El back there as a safety blanket, but it doesn't seem very safe.

I agree but there is also something the blockers are doing wrong. They should be holding the gunners back an additional second. I know he fair catches a lot but the defenders are always around him when he gets the ball.

I held off saying something for the first few games because I wasn't sure if we were dealing with punters with amazing hang times but now the ST is making every punter look like that.

New PR.

Better blocking to create 1 more second.