PDA

View Full Version : hope is a titan

billcowherschin
03-15-2006, 04:45 PM
titans and hope agree in principle just this afternoon

Petesburgh66
03-15-2006, 04:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2369945

He wanted 4 million per? Give me a break.

BB2W
03-15-2006, 05:12 PM
4 million a year is ridiculous.

I'm glad the Steelers don't overpay to keep their players...

Man_Of_Steel
03-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Holy crap, this sucks.

PisnNapalm
03-15-2006, 05:17 PM
SHAZBOT!!:dang:

steel-EERS
03-15-2006, 05:18 PM
on paper and for all intent and purpose there the same player, age, style, hitting ability coverage, size, etc. he will not miss a beat and for less jack!

tony hipchest
03-15-2006, 05:20 PM
i heard an interview on sirius with ryan clark right before this was announced. dude seems as happy as pig in mud to be a steeler and turned down trips to miami and atl (and possibly a bigger offer) cause he wants to be with a winner and continue to develop. he said he just couldnt leave pittsburghs offer on the table or the chance to be part of a champion calibur team. great interview and shien and cross thought it was an excellent pick up by the steelers. fiscally responsible to boot.

with that being said, thanks chris hope for learning the system, contributing to a 15-1 season and then again to a sb winning season in your 1st 2 years as a starter for the steelers. good move not going to the 49ers

83-Steelers-43
03-15-2006, 05:28 PM
i heard an interview on sirius with ryan clark right before this was announced. dude seems as happy as pig in mud to be a steeler and turned down trips to miami and atl (and possibly a bigger offer) cause he wants to be with a winner and continue to develop. he said he just couldnt leave pittsburghs offer on the table or the chance to be part of a champion calibur team. great interview and shien and cross thought it was an excellent pick up by the steelers. fiscally responsible to boot.

with that being said, thanks chris hope for learning the system, contributing to a 15-1 season and then again to a sb winning season in your 1st 2 years as a starter for the steelers. good move not going to the 49ers

Yeah, they interviewed him here in Pittsburgh and the kid has his head on straight. Good character. Also arrived waiving a terrible towel.

As for paying Chris Hope 4 mill a year (if that's the case), that is simply crazy. Good bye Chris Hope and good luck.

Atlanta Dan
03-15-2006, 05:29 PM
ESPN.com article I read said numbers on Hope contract not yet available - guess they have to play with them to maximize what it appears Hope got - as always, look at the signing bonus and first year salary to be paid as the true worth of the contract.

$4 million per is crazy for a safety unless the Redskins are interested in you.

Good luck to Chris Hope, although I believe he was getting an odd opinion of his market value from someone.

Ambridge
03-15-2006, 05:48 PM

I heard that interview as well and Clark sounded like he'll fit right in to the Pittsburgh defensive mold.
I came close to running my car off the road when I heard Adam Schein call **** LeBeau a defensive "Genius".
Schein wont admit it but he can be pretty anti-Steeler.

Good luck Chris Hope. I hope that extra cash is a comfort in Tennessee because you might never get a sniff of the playoffs ever again.

clevestinks
03-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Hope Thanks, but as good as you were, I beleive that you where :"The Weakest Link" I really think Hope was part of a system here, we had enough great guys to cover for him, he will be exposed in Titans land

Prosdo
03-15-2006, 06:56 PM
See ya Chris

Suitanim
03-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Schein? Anti-Steeler?

That's a HUGE understatement. He had us at 7-9 for 2005 and finishing a game or two above Cleveland.

Anyway, thanks Chris...enjoy losing in Tennessee.

Mr. Clean
03-15-2006, 07:07 PM
G'bye.

So, the Steelers have seen Randle El, Kimo and Hope leave.
Guess what? It ain't the end of the world!

Clark replaces Hope.
Keisel replaces Kimo.

Randle El is a third WR and punt returner. Quincy Morgan can do it if he returns. If not, draft a guy to do it.

Sharkissle29
03-15-2006, 07:15 PM
thx chris, but hello clark.....you guys think he'll be our starter next yer? i sure hope he is...seems like a good fit for us

tony hipchest
03-15-2006, 07:25 PM
thx chris, but hello clark.....you guys think he'll be our starter next yer? i sure hope he is...seems like a good fit for usas of right now he is most definitely a starter. he said they sat him down for over an hour and told him exactly what was expected of him as hopes replacement. i think thats why he signed right then and there, cancelling his other scheduled stops. clark will be supporting t. polamalu much like he did with s. taylor in washington. the dude sounds HUNGRY for winning. s. taylor lost him, and now edd reed has lost w. demps. i think we will see t. polamalu become the undisputed best safety in the game after this next season.

DIESELMAN
03-15-2006, 07:30 PM
Clark is considered an overachiever with a big heart and the type of character that will fit right into the Steelers' locker room.........good move and goodbye Mr Hope I don't know who will cover his ass in Tennessee....have they resigned Tank Williams?

Suitanim
03-15-2006, 07:52 PM
G'bye.

So, the Steelers have seen Randle El, Kimo and Hope leave.
Guess what? It ain't the end of the world!

Clark replaces Hope.
Keisel replaces Kimo.

Randle El is a third WR and punt returner. Quincy Morgan can do it if he returns. If not, draft a guy to do it.

Nice post (although Quincy is a KR, and not as well suited for PR).

Most Super Bowl teams get raided and have a lot of holes to fill. Since the Steelers draft like the Eagles do, and anticipate future FA defections, we are in much better shape than a lot of other teams have been.