PDA

View Full Version : Dunta Robinson's hit on Desean Jackson (vid)

Fire Arians
10-18-2010, 03:27 PM
holy hell, that was one of the most brutal hits I've ever seen. that's gotta sting, glad both guys are ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmsAdwm7LHQ

MattsMe
10-18-2010, 03:32 PM
The most brutal hit ever? Hardly. Nice hit, but I don't see how it could even crack the top 100.

Fire Arians
10-18-2010, 04:07 PM
i dunno, i guess both players being down for a while made it look a lot worse than it was. when i was watching it at the bar though all i remember was hearing that CRUNCH real-time, and everyone was like OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. They were playing that game right next to the steelers game, and I managed to catch it right as it happened (steelers game was on commercial break)

mikegrimey
10-18-2010, 04:45 PM
That was a brutal, and suprisingly completely legal, hit.

I read that Jackson had short term memory loss from it. I saw it when it happened and was scared as shite for both of the guys for a little bit.

MattsMe
10-18-2010, 05:14 PM
i dunno, i guess both players being down for a while made it look a lot worse than it was. when i was watching it at the bar though all i remember was hearing that CRUNCH real-time, and everyone was like OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. They were playing that game right next to the steelers game, and I managed to catch it right as it happened (steelers game was on commercial break)

Well I agree with you that it was a brutal hit. I always thought it was stupid when the defender hurts himself on a hit. I love Ryan Clark, but hate when he does that too. I just didn't think it was really out of the ordinary and far from being one of the most brutal. Probably won't even crack the top ten from this season alone.

MasterOfPuppets
10-18-2010, 05:24 PM
That was a brutal, and suprisingly completely legal, hit.

I read that Jackson had short term memory loss from it. I saw it when it happened and was scared as shite for both of the guys for a little bit.
but yet they through the flag ...:noidea:

lionslicer
10-18-2010, 05:35 PM
but yet they through the flag ...:noidea:

Reffs see what they want sometimes. I posted this in a thread with the Browns. The rule has to be interpretted by the head official in the game.
Robinson actually went head first, even though his head colided mostly with Jackson's shoulder pads, he went head first on purpose.

If players go head first at any part of a recievers upperbody the penalty will be called like 75% of the time
In Harrisons case he went forearms first but his head happened to hit the recievers helmet, though an official would be right if he threw a flag, but isnt' wrong that he didn't throw it.