PDA

View Full Version : Post Wk 6 Steelers Fever Power Rankings

SteelKnight
10-19-2010, 01:03 AM
OK.

I'd like to get more participation. Even though I still intend the Power rankings to be top 15, if you only feel comfortable ranking your top 5, go head and do that.

Part of the fun of it is comparing your lists to your other posters.

These Power rankings are "Who is most likely to win the Super Bowl?"

Here is mine:

1. Pittsburgh - they still need to improve their leaky 22nd ranked pass D but they are the best overall team in the league right now. (no change)
2. NY Jets - well done. They have shown they are the real deal. Number 2 only because Ben is more dependable than Sanchez. (no change)
3. Baltimore - even with the loss, they are still formidable (no change)
4. Indy -Peyton will always keep them as contenders (up 3 spots)
5. NE - More human without Moss. Belichick is still their coach. Don't count them out completely. (up 3 spots)
6. New Orleans - Best of the NFC...is Brees back?
7. GB - need to learn how to close. Still a good team. Losing Finley is big. Jennings and Driver will simply play a larger role. But who will run? (down 3)
8. Philadelphia - Looking good. They'll need to decide on a QB for stability though. It seems like either could do the job. Jackson and Maclin are heating up. (up 3)
9. Atlanta -still a very talented team. (down 3)
10. NY Giants -inconsistency will be tested this week against a desperate Dallas. (up 2)
11. Minnesota - Talent on paper. They can get back in this with a win against GB this week. (up 2 spots)
12.Tennessee -Starting to look formidable but the AFC is too tough this year (new)
13 Houston -will the real Houston please stand up? (up 1 spot)
14. Miami -If they can beat Pitt, they are back in the mix. (new)
15. San Diego - they are almost done...but their terrible division leaves possibilities (down 6)

tony hipchest
10-19-2010, 01:19 AM
i'' just kinda revise your list. please note i place an emphasis on experience, coaching, and quality qb's with experience and proven coaching.

1. Pittsburgh - they still need to improve their leaky 22nd ranked pass D but they are the best overall team in the league right now. (no change)
2. Indy -Peyton will always keep them as contenders (up 3 spots)
3. New Orleans - Best of the NFC...is Brees back?
4. NE - More human without Moss. Belichick is still their coach. Don't count them out completely. (up 3 spots)

5. NY Giants -inconsistency will be tested this week against a desperate Dallas. (up 2)
6. Minnesota - Talent on paper. They can get back in this with a win against GB this week. (up 2 spots)

7. Baltimore - even with the loss, they are still formidable (no change)

8. NY Jets - well done. They have shown they are the real deal. Number 2 only because Ben is more dependable than Sanchez. (no change)
9. Philadelphia - Looking good. They'll need to decide on a QB for stability though. It seems like either could do the job. Jackson and Maclin are heating up. (up 3)

10. washington

11. GB - need to learn how to close. Still a good team. Losing Finley is big. Jennings and Driver will simply play a larger role. But who will run? (down 3)
12. Atlanta -still a very talented team. (down 3)

13. Bears

meh-

12.Tennessee -Starting to look formidable but the AFC is too tough this year (new)
13 Houston -will the real Houston please stand up? (up 1 spot)
14. Miami -If they can beat Pitt, they are back in the mix. (new)
15. San Diego - they are almost done...but their terrible division leaves possibilities (down 6)

SteelKnight
10-19-2010, 02:26 AM
i'' just kinda revise your list. please note i place an emphasis on experience, coaching, and quality qb's with experience and proven coaching.

2. Indy -Peyton will always keep them as contenders (up 3 spots)

I'm not sold on Indy's D, They already lost to Houston and Jacksonville. They are definitely contenders but they are having problems at safety and that could be enough to knock them out. They'll be in the mix though.

I was surprised with your Jets placement but I did note your emphasis.