PDA

View Full Version : Why no Keyshawn?

noto45
03-15-2006, 09:17 PM
He had a very productive year last year and I dont think he wants a ton of money. anyone have any reason why he wouldnt look good in black and gold......

SteelerDan43
03-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Reason A1: His history of being a distraction, and a detriment to the team...

Suitanim
03-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Somebody WAS thinking it!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5982

Next up? The "Sign TO" petition.

Tim
03-15-2006, 09:23 PM
It's not a horrible idea. Keyshawn has shown that he can be a team player. He had a good season with Dallas and not a peep out of him.

Still, we can't afford to keep two high price receivers. If Keyshawn doesn't get a big offer somewhere, then maybe we'd make a play, but even with his change, there is still team chemistry to consider.

noto45
03-15-2006, 09:40 PM
I couldnt agree more. how much cash does he want?

Koopa
03-15-2006, 09:48 PM
he hasn't changed much, i have to see every cowboy game cause well i live in texas and it's either cowboys or no football at most the time, he's still somewhat of an ass, it just didn't make news a lot cause of the t.o. situation. he argued with bledsoe a few times, and he thinks he's a number 1 which he isn't. jerry jones also said test the market and see what you are worth and then we'll see if we can bring you back or some shit like that, so he's gonna be looking to get paid. the steelers shouldn't even look his way we'd be better off just drafting someone

Sharkissle29
03-15-2006, 10:49 PM
he's overrated. thats good enough for me

Man_Of_Steel
03-15-2006, 10:52 PM
NO NO NO NO NO!

FanecaFan66
03-15-2006, 11:13 PM
The reason the Cowboys cut him was two fold.

#1 they are interested in T.O.

#2 He wants MORE $$$.... yea more money for a 34 year old overrated talent.

hmmmmmmmm
03-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Keyshawn is still a good WR and far from overrated. He does what hes brought in to do....get you the tough yards and be a threat inside the redzone and he does both well. I dont think he would be good with the Steelers though cause yall already have a guy like him in Ward cept smaller and I dont think as physical (Before some of yall act an ass im talking about skills). Plus, he for some reason thinks hes a #1 so of course hed cost yall

pitt
03-16-2006, 12:05 AM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avoid Lloyd
03-16-2006, 12:40 AM
Why?

His teammates call him "Meshawn."

WWIIOwheelz
03-16-2006, 12:55 AM
I think it would be worth a meeting. He changed more than I ever thought he could to fit in in Dallas, and let's face it--- he wants to win, and he absolutely has skills.

Remember, Ben & Plaxico were good friends, and Ben LOVES big targets. He's a complete turnoff based on his past, but I kinda liked the way he sucked it up in Dallas to get it done under Parcells. If we could get him at a bargain, there are more than enough players who demand respect in the Steelers organization that would keep him in check.

OX1947
03-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Keyshawn is still a good WR and far from overrated. He does what hes brought in to do....get you the tough yards and be a threat inside the redzone and he does both well. I dont think he would be good with the Steelers though cause yall already have a guy like him in Ward cept smaller and I dont think as physical (Before some of yall act an ass im talking about skills). Plus, he for some reason thinks hes a #1 so of course hed cost yall

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, threat inside the redzone? Are you talking about the same Meshawn Johnson that got 106 balls and had 1 TD?

And you think Meshawn is more physicall them WARD? I've seen Hines Ward take hits from the JOhn Lynch's of the world and get up like no other. And I have seen him flatten 300 D tackles on sweeps. Maybe you should stop smokin the old Nate Newton pipe and watch some more football games.

Zez
03-16-2006, 02:17 AM
Here is an excerpt from Post Gazette:

Quick hits

First in line for Antwaan Randle El's job of returning punts will be Ricardo Colclough, Colbert said . ... The Steelers have no interest in Terrell Owens or Keyshwan Johnson.

So there ya go...straight from the horse's mouth. Keyshawn and T.O are both punks anyway.

DIESELMAN
03-16-2006, 02:28 AM
Keyshawn is a cry baby bitch boy.....he got into it with Parcells and Bledsoe called him out a couple of times.....Thanks but NO THANKS!!

MattsMe
03-16-2006, 03:17 AM
I dont think he would be good with the Steelers though cause yall already have a guy like him in Ward cept smaller and I dont think as physical (Before some of yall act an ass im talking about skills).

Hmm...Ward less physical? :rofl: .........moron.

MattsMe
03-16-2006, 03:22 AM
Maybe you should stop smokin the old Nate Newton pipe and watch some more football games.

Shame on you for accusing him of smoking Nate's pipe! Check your facts! The pipe actually belonged to Michael Irvin. :wink:

clevestinks
03-16-2006, 06:33 AM
tHROW ME THE dAMN bALL, He is a rpyal pain, he had the huge meltdown last year on the sidelines. And I think he does want a huge contract

83-Steelers-43
03-16-2006, 08:50 AM
How on earth are we going to get Keyshawn anyway? He probably wants twice as much as we can afford. Not to mention being a douchenozzle that probably would start complaining by Week 3 in a run-heavy offense.

Besides, isn't he going to the Redskins for a 2-year, $100 million contract? I figured the salary cap must not apply to them this season.

Right on. :sofunny:

Also, I give props to Suit for calling it.

hmmmmmmmm
03-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, threat inside the redzone? Are you talking about the same Meshawn Johnson that got 106 balls and had 1 TD?

And you think Meshawn is more physicall them WARD? I've seen Hines Ward take hits from the JOhn Lynch's of the world and get up like no other. And I have seen him flatten 300 D tackles on sweeps. Maybe you should stop smokin the old Nate Newton pipe and watch some more football games.

Lol I watch enough games to know that Keyshawn is more physical....maybe you should pull your head out your ass and see the light. Not everyone wearing a Steeler jersey is God.....hell its not like youre talkin bad about Ward if you admit it either....so just come forth and type the truth. I mean honestly I saw Keyshawn give an Eagles saftey a concussion who tried laying a big hit on him.....and Key was still standin and goin for extra yards. Ward flew like a bitch when he got popped by Lynch but he did get back up......but taking a hit doesnt mean you play more physical.....just letting you know

(Key caught 71 balls for 6 TDs......and wadda ya know inside the Redzone he caught 11 balls for 6 TDs.)

tony hipchest
03-16-2006, 12:26 PM
who is regarded as the most physical best blocking wr in the nfl? hmmmmmmmm......

its NOT keyshawn! or else hed be getting paid like he was. he wouldnt be getting cut, and then searching for a team to pay him a meager 3-4 mil.

hmmmmmmmm
03-16-2006, 12:34 PM
See theres still more things to being a physical WR than blocking and taking a hit.....Both of them are good blockers but Ward is a better blocker. I just think Key takes more hits and knows hes going to when he catches the ball. Hes always catching the ball over the middle in traffic and what not......... it dont matter though

tony hipchest
03-16-2006, 12:38 PM
See theres still more things to being a physical WR than blocking and taking a hit.....

like what????? hugging and smooching?

hmmmmmmmm
03-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Maybe......I pretty much contradicted myself in the last post lol. Didnt catch it till now but oh well....what I was getting at is Keyshawn is a WR who goes over the middle on the regular and takes a beating every game. I know he goes over the middle more than Ward

83-Steelers-43
03-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Maybe I'm biased, but in my opinion Hines Ward is the toughest WR in the league. I can't count how many times I have heard former and current players and sports analysts state the exact same.

Personally, you couldn't pay me to take Keyshawn Johnson. After his little stint in Tampa, my opinion of the guy was set.

tony hipchest
03-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Personally, you couldn't pay me to take Keyshawn Johnson. After his little stint in Tampa, my opinion of the guy was set.

if it were hines ward who left instead of randle el, i would seriously wanna consider keyshawn. at a bargain rate of course

83-Steelers-43
03-16-2006, 01:21 PM
if it were hines ward who left instead of randle el, i would seriously wanna consider keyshawn. at a bargain rate of course

His mouth and his attitude is not worth it in my book. Ward or no Ward. In my opinion, for as much as the guy talks, his play doesn't come near backing it up.

FanecaFan66
03-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Maybe......I pretty much contradicted myself in the last post lol. Didnt catch it till now but oh well....what I was getting at is Keyshawn is a WR who goes over the middle on the regular and takes a beating every game. I know he goes over the middle more than Ward

Sorry man I hate to beat on you, cause i left the other board for this very reason. I'll just say, Keyshawn is a little bitch and in no way more physical than Hines. Perfect example of this, mid season game Bledsoe led Johnson into a rolled corner and he came to the sideline yelling and cursing Drew out because he led him into a hit.

If you've seen enough steelers football you would know as every other person does who regards Hines Ward as the most physical reciever in the game, that he looks for this sort of contact. I've seen Hines lay out a LINEBACKER before, yes thats right, a linebacker with a block. Keyshawn is afraid of contact from a corner.

Big difference. And he is overrated. He got all his star power from being a versatile WR with the New York Jets and that was nearly a decade ago. He was a problem child in Tampa, hence his own head coach banned him from the team. And he and his QB in Dallas had a rocky relationship, not to mention he asked for more money he didn't deserve... and so he finds himself in free agency, but lucky for us steelers fans he'll never find himself in Black N' Gold.

MNsteelers
03-16-2006, 02:07 PM
It's not a horrible idea. Keyshawn has shown that he can be a team player. He had a good season with Dallas and not a peep out of him.

Still, we can't afford to keep two high price receivers. If Keyshawn doesn't get a big offer somewhere, then maybe we'd make a play, but even with his change, there is still team chemistry to consider.

Not a peep? wasn't it Ol' No. 19 who was on film screaming at Bledsoe last season?

I'm missing something here. What part of the typical Steelers off-season equation does Keyshawn fit into? What makes you think this guy is even remotely cut of the Steelers ilk? He wouldn't fit in, period. They don't sign just anyone from free agency, especially not at a position they don't need to fill immediately. They already signed Wilson to solid No. 2 receiver money just last year. I would be shocked and amazed if the Steelers were even listed as being even remotely interested in bringing him in.

In fact, I'm surprised this is even being discussed like it's a possibility.

hmmmmmmmm
03-16-2006, 02:18 PM
Well Keyshawn wasnt the one who started that argument. I mean its obvious Keyshawn was upset then Bledsoe came up telling him stuff about it getting in Keyshawns face and no ones usually just gonna take it especially when theyre already upset at themselves and their QB led em into it.

Keyshawn will block anyone he isnt afraid he was upset that his QB got into his face about losing the ball when he was the one who set him up for it. Keyshawn made plenty of good blocks this year on all types of players and like I said even laid out a saftey who was tryin to put a big hit and gave the saftey a concussion while he kept truckin.

Hes the same player if you ask me. Hes neevr been a big play WR hes always been one to get you those tough yards and go over the middle to get em. The main reason hes finding himself in FA is cause of the whole Owens deal. Jerry already told him to go find an offer and theyll see if they can better it....If T.O. doesnt go to Dallas Key is goin back

SteelerFanInCA
03-16-2006, 04:58 PM
We don't need any cancer in our locker room. Keep him away.

Stlrs4Life
03-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Reason A1: His history of being a distraction, and a detriment to the team...

Exactly. No need for Keyshawn. Only reason he wasn't so bad in Dallas, is because he was friends with Parcells.

83-Steelers-43
03-16-2006, 06:43 PM
This is classic.......

"I know exactly what I'm worth," Johnson said, "and it's not $2.5 million a year. I know what I bring to a team, and if somebody comes calling who is willing to compensate me accordingly, I'm available. If not, I'll just keep building my houses and selling my ice cream and sandwiches and call it a day. And if I decided to go the TV route, it'd shake up that whole market in a heartbeat." - SI

:rolleyes:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/michael_silver/03/15/keyshawn.market/

FanecaFan66
03-16-2006, 06:47 PM
This is classic.......

"I know exactly what I'm worth," Johnson said, "and it's not $2.5 million a year. I know what I bring to a team, and if somebody comes calling who is willing to compensate me accordingly, I'm available. If not, I'll just keep building my houses and selling my ice cream and sandwiches and call it a day. And if I decided to go the TV route, it'd shake up that whole market in a heartbeat." - SI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/michael_silver/03/15/keyshawn.market/

Yeah that sounds like a guy that could be mentioned in the same sentence with SUPERBOWL MVP Hines Ward :dang:

MNsteelers
03-16-2006, 06:57 PM
And he'd be lucky to get half that in Pittsburgh. Not even an issue. Let him be someone else's problem.

Don't take this to mean I'm hatin on him, I think he's been a productive receiver throughout his career, but let's be honest here, we just won the Super Bowl. Why mess with the chemistry by adding a very strong personality on a team largely build around bonded Steelers draft picks?

This is classic.......

Avoid Lloyd
03-16-2006, 07:03 PM
It saddens me that people actually compare him to Hines Ward.

It also kinda makes me wonder what's wrong with people:dang:

billcowherschin
03-16-2006, 07:25 PM
REASON:HE'S A FAG

OX1947
03-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Lol I watch enough games to know that Keyshawn is more physical....maybe you should pull your head out your ass and see the light. Not everyone wearing a Steeler jersey is God.....hell its not like youre talkin bad about Ward if you admit it either....so just come forth and type the truth. I mean honestly I saw Keyshawn give an Eagles saftey a concussion who tried laying a big hit on him.....and Key was still standin and goin for extra yards. Ward flew like a bitch when he got popped by Lynch but he did get back up......but taking a hit doesnt mean you play more physical.....just letting you know

(Key caught 71 balls for 6 TDs......and wadda ya know inside the Redzone he caught 11 balls for 6 TDs.)

Keyshawn is wasted talent. Had he shut up and played, he may have been great. Comparing Ward to Key is actually making me sick to my stomach. And arguing with a Cowboys fan about it makes me even more sick.

Also, Key gives concussions right? Well if you watch SB XL, Ward, meet Manuel..... OUT!!!!

So maybe you should get YOUR head out of you're arse and watch more games and really understand what a football player is all about. I seriously can not remember ONE, im sure he has but I cant remember Meshawn having any 50 or 60 yd td catches. Key is a bum and always will be....

WWIIOwheelz
03-16-2006, 09:54 PM
LOL... well, after reading some of those quotes, it's easy to see that I've not been keeping up with the NFC East much since moving to Pittsburgh more than a decade ago.

Tell you who would be a perfect fit here, that Wayne Chrebret, that outplayed Keyshawn in New York.

MattsMe
03-16-2006, 11:07 PM
blah blah blah, blah blah, meshawn, blah, dallas cokeboys are physical, blah blah

(Sorry if I misquoted you a little there, but I think overall, I captured the essence of your posts pretty well.)

http://x11.putfile.com/11/33023352452.gif
And by the way, your signature above is very impressive. It's not every day you see a player whose weight is positioned behind their feet fall backwards after being hit by someone with firmly planted feet using the full force of their much heavier body. I was also extremely humbled by the forced fumble. I bow down to the brute force of "America's Team."

Could that be what happened in this picture too?
http://www.thuntek.net/~gonzales/images/smith.jpg
Oh wait, of course it couldn't. THERE'S NO ONE ELSE AROUND!

(for those of you who don't know what this picture is....look up Super Bowl VIII)

Stlrs4Life
03-16-2006, 11:21 PM
(Sorry if I misquoted you a little there, but I think overall, I captured the essence of your posts pretty well.)

And by the way, your signature above is very impressive. It's not every day you see a player whose weight is positioned behind their feet fall backwards after being hit by someone with firmly planted feet using the full force of their much heavier body. I was also extremely humbled by the forced fumble. I bow down to the brute force of "America's Team."

(for those of you who don't know what this picture is....look up Super Bowl VIII)

I know what the pic is. It's a pic of that loser Jackie Smith dropping a TD pass. That helped lose that SB for ya. And as far as your little video? Big deal, I see hits ,like that on our HS Football team each year. Don't be mad cause you were told that Dallas isn't a very physical FB team. Back in the 70s they were, now a days? Not even close. And your little boy had nothing on Jack Lambert. (You probably think Deon Sanders was a physical guy)

Stlrs4Life
03-16-2006, 11:22 PM

Sounds like you need a tissue for your issue, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.:crying01: :crying01:

MattsMe
03-17-2006, 12:27 AM
I know what the pic is. It's a pic of that loser Jackie Smith dropping a TD pass. That helped lose that SB for ya. And as far as your little video? Big deal, I see hits ,like that on our HS Football team each year. Don't be mad cause you were told that Dallas isn't a very physical FB team. Back in the 70s they were, now a days? Not even close. And your little boy had nothing on Jack Lambert. (You probably think Deon Sanders was a physical guy)

Was this reply directed at me? If so, I guess you misunderstood my post. And what you're calling my video...isn't mine. It's the signature of some misguided Dallas fan named "hmmmmmmmm."

I hate the Cowboys. I think you're attacking the wrong guy here.

hmmmmmmmm
03-17-2006, 08:50 AM
lol lookin at the replys I can tell some of yall got problems......im not attacking no ones team or even sayin Key is better than Ward but yall twist shit around so yall can try "picking" on someone....shits pathetic. So stop going off I said physical not better........some of yall cant read.

Man yall got issues for real (had to say it again) Im not runnin around sayin "look at the video in my sig its cool" yall brought it up cause you cant stick to the got damn topic and feel like attacking somone cause they posted their opinion on a player. Its whatever though I could tell yall respect the Cowboys just by no Cowboy fan really bringing them up and yall goin off talking about em. If yall are done running around the thread crying......you should get back on topic

Avoid Lloyd
03-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Keyshawn Johnson is NOT more physical than Hines Ward. Anyone who thinks otherwise isn't right in the head.

hmmmmmmmm
03-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Guess ima little crazy then

hmmmmmmmm
03-17-2006, 03:28 PM
lol what other Steeler boards did you sign up on after they won the Superbowl? I think you need to shut the hell up and quit crying about a person whos a fan of another team expressing his opinion on a player especially when it aint even bad.

Koopa
03-17-2006, 03:29 PM
well i guess blocking ppl on here is pointless cause they is still have to see it by quotes, but anyway
Its whatever though I could tell yall respect the Cowboys just by no Cowboy fan really bringing them up and yall goin off talking about em. If yall are done running around the thread crying......you should get back on topic

this thread has nothing to do with the cowboys, not one bit, it has something to do with keyshawn johnson who is no longer a cowboy and won't be remembered as one, he'll always be a jet hell he'll even be remembered as a buccaneer cause he actually won something there

anyway don't bother responding to me, just keep responding to the other cause all i'll see is this

hmmmmmmmm
This message is hidden because hmmmmmmmm is on your ignore list.

hmmmmmmmm
03-17-2006, 03:33 PM
lol at this ****tard I wasnt the one who brought up the Cowboys so shut your piehole

FanecaFan66
03-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Okay lets try and put an end to this pointless thread.

The title of the thread was why no Keyshawn?

So here's the answer: The Pittsburgh Steelers don't overpay for players even guys who helped them win a Superbowl.. I.E. Hope, ARE, etc. They're certainly not going to overpay for Johnson. Secondly, he does not fit the needs of this team. Ward is our number one, Ced a solid number two, and Keyshawn would not fit in the slot. He's not a slot reciever, and by his attitude would considering playing there a slap in the face.

The WR spot will addressed in the draft. End of story.

Suitanim
03-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Bwahahahahahaha!

Keyshawn and Hines Ward comparisons?

Meshawn: 10 years in the league, 744 catches for 9756, 13.1 avg and 60 TD's.

Hines Ward: 8 years in the league, 574 for 7030, 12.2 avg and 52 TD's.

When any sane and reasonable person stops and considers that Meshawn came out of USC widely considered to be the next Jerry Rice, when he actually ended up being more of a Jerry Springer guest, and Hines was a 3rd round guy picked for versatilty, and their WR numbers are even closely comparable shows how ridiculous this argument is. In every respect, Meshawn Johnson is the lessor player, competitor, productive teammate and positive force that Hines Ward is.

And Hines is a better blocker, too.

Suitanim
03-18-2006, 07:23 PM
and the cowboys thought so much of him,they opted to give him the boot rather than pay him a meager 1 million dollar bonus........:jerkit:

Well, you know he IS a better.......um...........

Hmmmmm.

Author of a bad ghost-written book?

Midnightwriter1
03-21-2006, 06:34 AM
No to Meshawn... he already said he doesnt have to play unless he is gonna get paid. Wedont need that on our team, watching him screaming at Parcells and Bledsoe and him wanting to be the coach and constantly being a problem just isnt worth it. I never like him ever... i just want him to keep playing because i dread the day he is on ESPN or FOX as an analyst... Irvin is enough to make me not watch ESPN's pregame.. i would hate to be shut out of my Sunday morning football talk shows. hahah

Steel Fury
03-21-2006, 09:53 AM
I would reply to this if it could be considered seriously. Absolutely no reason for the thought of him in a Steeler jersey.

Midnightwriter1
03-21-2006, 10:13 AM
a Meshawn Quote ................

"I know exactly what I'm worth, and it's not $2.5 million a year," he told SI.com. "I know what I bring to a team, and if somebody comes calling who is willing to compensate me accordingly, I'm available."

Suitanim
03-21-2006, 12:35 PM
He's actually correct...he's NOT worth 2.5 million a year. In fact, he's probably not worth 1.5 million a year.

Midnightwriter1
03-21-2006, 12:38 PM
got that right !! ha

maurice jr
03-21-2006, 12:44 PM
yeah you can say he didnt want to play for the jets, he was about what 22 or 23 years old ,keyshawn is the second best blocking wideout in football he will be a big target for ben and good second WR to hines he just wants to win i have seen him sacrfice so much this year even staying in to block on big third down plays because that awful cowboys line could not protect Bledsoe (numerous times), other than hines what big name reciever is willing to do that (marvin harrison,torry holt,randy moss,steve smith,santana moss,chad johnson,nope nope and nope) the steelers play the game about 15 yards at a time and it will create ample space for heath to work one on one in the middle of the field or it will allow us to isolate heath on the outside because he don't mine going across the middle,and it will relly de allow us to run out of a three reciever set which is where willie will have his most success in space,when players get older we have to look forward you can not deny his willingness to win no matter how much you don't agree with the actual man if he was to come here he knows we run the ball just as much as the cowboys (probably less than them this year) and he won't have numbers he had his first couple of years, far better than Lee mays might cost more but will add alot to our offense he could be an "corey dillon " type addition to lead us to another superbowl. i say give him a shot

Midnightwriter1
03-21-2006, 02:16 PM
no way, i dont think anyone sates that he is not a good receiver. No problems with his ability to catch a ball. I personally dont want to see " him" or any other receiver on the sideline during a game yelling at ben cause he is not getting the ball enough or because he thinks he was open on a play. He is a problem and always has been one.. Some teams embrace that ( Cowboys )... the Steelers dont and not too many of the Steeler fans i know want him in the black and gold. As good as Owens is on the field, some people just arent worth the trouble.

hmmmmmmmm
03-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Keyshawn while he was a Cowboy never yelled at Vinny nor Bledsoe about bein open or not getting the ball enough. The only time ive really seen him act an ass is when Bledsoe got in his face tellin him he needs to hold onto the ball after Bledsoe set him up for a big hit. Yall dont need him though since yall already have a possession WR....yall need more of a speed WR someone to stretch the field

83-Steelers-43
03-21-2006, 02:24 PM
He's a good WR at best. He's not worth the money he is asking and even if he was being reasonable with his asking price and we had the money to pay him, I would still pass on him for his piss poor attitude.

noto45
03-21-2006, 02:33 PM
well I dont think He will get the Dam ball here. I still think he woudl be a good fit but I am sure the Rooneys dont see it my way. Looks like we will have to rely on the draft which seems to be a good thing!

Livinginthe past
03-22-2006, 01:39 AM
Keyshawn while he was a Cowboy never yelled at Vinny nor Bledsoe about bein open or not getting the ball enough. The only time ive really seen him act an ass is when Bledsoe got in his face tellin him he needs to hold onto the ball after Bledsoe set him up for a big hit. Yall dont need him though since yall already have a possession WR....yall need more of a speed WR someone to stretch the field

I remember that game - Bledsoe really hung him out to dry a couple of times with hospital passes.

Its a tough call - a player who has never really been in a very good team can feel short changed if he feels his team mates aren't doing all they can to win.

Maybe he would a be a slightly more vocal version of Dillon - nothing wrong in having a player in your team who wants to win and is sick of players taking the money and not trying hrd enough for success.

T.O. is a different case because he causes problems even when his team is winning, and he seems to get alot more personal with his QB's.

NM

MattsMe
03-23-2006, 12:38 AM
I remember that game - Bledsoe really hung him out to dry a couple of times with hospital passes.

Its a tough call - a player who has never really been in a very good team can feel short changed if he feels his team mates aren't doing all they can to win.

Maybe he would a be a slightly more vocal version of Dillon - nothing wrong in having a player in your team who wants to win and is sick of players taking the money and not trying hrd enough for success.

T.O. is a different case because he causes problems even when his team is winning, and he seems to get alot more personal with his QB's.

NM

What? No! This can't be! I agree with LITP????

Ah....now I get it:

http://www.cybersalt.org/cl_images/z9/signs/signhell.jpg

Livinginthe past
03-23-2006, 05:13 AM
What? No! This can't be! I agree with LITP????

Ah....now I get it:

1 out of 78 posts isn't too bad.

Here's to post no. 156 :cheers:

NM

clevestinks
03-23-2006, 09:11 AM
What alot of people are missing here is the fact that our Steelers play well as a team, and the Rooneys seem to want that winning, and not whinning clubhouse. KJ would disrupt our team unity, in my opinion anyway. Not to mention, I think he is somewhat over rated.

Midnightwriter1
03-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Meshawn is a very good possession receiver no doubt. But we dont need another Burris on our team. Ward sais it best when describing the type of receiver the Steelers need and because of our style of play, you may only catch the ball a few times a game and i dont think we need a selfish player bithcing about it. Winning is far more important than individual stats. We have and have had players taking paycuts, you have a big arm QB, who doesnt throw the ball 40 times a game. we have WR's and have had WR's that may get alot more balls thrown there way on a diff team, we have RB's giving up TD's so another RB can get the 1,2 ,3 yard TD's. As much as staley has been injury prone... he gave way to Bettis after Staley did all the work when he first got her. Parker much the same.

I like our team and the guys we have in it and i certainly dont think we need a palyer like MeShawn disrupting that no matter how good a player is.

SalukiSteelers
03-23-2006, 02:54 PM
It's funny, when a buddy of mine (and fellow Steelers fan) heard that Key was cut, we started talking about whether he'd be a good fit in PGH. While he's a tough guy and a great blocker -- for a wideout -- his lack of speed wouldn't address the team's need for a field stretcher. My buddy and I figured he could fit in w/the team on a personality level -- he's a hard worker who wants to win -- but I can't imagine a guy who wrote "Just Throw Me the Damn Ball!" being happy with 40 catches. The thought of he and Cowher going at it on the sideline is pretty funny but I can't imagine it would be too good for Ben.

83-Steelers-43
03-23-2006, 11:20 PM
We have Ward. Same type of WR, only ten times better in my opinion. Also, minus the attitude and big mouth. There is and never was a need for Meshawn Johnson to come to this team. It was never going to happen and thankfully so.

Midnightwriter1
03-24-2006, 02:07 AM
Meshawn signed with the Panthers so that ends that talk... now on to Moulds lol