PDA

View Full Version : OMG Nedney just admited he faked it

SteelKnight
10-19-2010, 12:58 AM
Back in the playoffs in overtime against Tenn in 2003...

Joe Nedney just admitted he faked it.

He said something like "I'm sorry, if you touch me, I'm going to do whatever I have to do to help my team win. I'll fall."

That punk faked it. He fell well after he was hit.

Loser. I just never thought he would admit it.

Before I was upset with Washington for a bonehead play...but now I will direct it at Nedney...lol

I wish I had the clip. I don't remember it being as bad as I just saw it. lol

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/134595/20030112mf_washingtonnedneyPJ11_230.jpg

In the video you can see him watching himself miss THEN doing the flop.

MaidenIndiana
10-19-2010, 01:02 AM
Anybody that watched that game knows that big puss was faking it. But that's water under the bridge

SteelKnight
10-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Anybody that watched that game knows that big puss was faking it. But that's water under the bridge

Yeah but for him to admit it is mind blowing...lol

If it were me I would never admit it. I would be coy and say "I got hit and I fell" and smile. I wouldn't be caught saying "I'll do whatever I can do to help my team."

What if he has to go through Pitt one day. lol

mikegrimey
10-19-2010, 06:10 AM
It seems pretty common for kickers to flop. I dont' blame him so much as the officals who made the egregious call.

SteelKnight
10-19-2010, 06:44 AM
It seems pretty common for kickers to flop. I dont' blame him so much as the officals who made the egregious call.

There is actually a rule in the books penalizing for flops. It's never enforced.

Would you ever admit it later if you did it in a postseason game? I wouldn't. It's like addmiting cheating or trying to abuse the rules.

mikegrimey
10-19-2010, 06:50 AM
I probably would but I'm a cheeky bastard when it comes to competition and wouldn't mind rubbing salt in my foe's wound.

SteelKnight
10-19-2010, 06:53 AM
I probably would but I'm a cheeky bastard when it comes to competition and wouldn't mind rubbing salt in my foe's wound.

Washington's hands are not even outstretched. The ball is gone. What is he doing? lol

jjpro11
10-19-2010, 09:40 AM
i'll always hate him for that. every time i hear his name or see him i think of that play and how devastated i was from that loss.

Steel_Bus_24
10-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Yep every time I hear/think/see him or to a lesser extent a Titans FG kicker.............a string of profanity goes off in my head for 1-2 minutes

truesteelerfan
10-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Its part of the game today because the league is too afraid of contact....This rule should be changed...the kicker...is still a football player...Imagine how much more difficult it would have been for him to make that kick against us if he know he might have been hit and it not called a penalty.

I've seen college game where a player fakes it....gets help off the field after a punt...then 6 players later ran back out to punt...I can't blame them for taking advantage of a rule...it should be changed.

fer522
10-19-2010, 10:37 AM
he's gay

stb_steeler
10-19-2010, 12:45 PM
He admitted it the same day.....the officials were to blame if you ask me, he just went thru with it.

DoubleYoi
10-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Back in the playoffs in overtime against Tenn in 2003...

Joe Nedney just admitted he faked it.

He said something like "I'm sorry, if you touch me, I'm going to do whatever I have to do to help my team win. I'll fall."

That punk faked it. He fell well after he was hit.

Loser. I just never thought he would admit it.

Before I was upset with Washington for a bonehead play...but now I will direct it at Nedney...lol

I wish I had the clip. I don't remember it being as bad as I just saw it. lol

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/134595/20030112mf_washingtonnedneyPJ11_230.jpg

In the video you can see him watching himself miss THEN doing the flop.

It took his admission for you to shift blame from Washington to Nedney? Talk about being a little slow on the draw. It was evident as the play happened that Nedney took a dive.

As much as I still resent him for that play, I don't blame Nedney for admitting he took a dive. It's a breath of fresh air to hear people talk about the taboo topics in pro sports and not just deliver some BS line that's riddled with cliches. Everybody knows he took a dive and the play happened almost a decade ago, what good is lying going to do at this point?

lionslicer
10-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Everyone knew he faked it... NFL knew it too, so now they assign more refs to watch the kicker, thats why when they fake it now, it isn't called.

caplovestroyp43
10-19-2010, 04:03 PM
i'll always hate him for that. every time i hear his name or see him i think of that play and how devastated i was from that loss.

AND

<<Yep every time I hear/think/see him or to a lesser extent a Titans FG kicker.............a string of profanity goes off in my head for 1-2 minutes>>

HERE TOO. Man that was a tough loss because of that Jack Ass. I'll probably never get over it because there was so DAM much on the line for us that day.

:mad::mad::mad:

SteelKnight
10-20-2010, 12:48 AM
Its part of the game today because the league is too afraid of contact....This rule should be changed...the kicker...is still a football player...Imagine how much more difficult it would have been for him to make that kick against us if he know he might have been hit and it not called a penalty.

I've seen college game where a player fakes it....gets help off the field after a punt...then 6 players later ran back out to punt...I can't blame them for taking advantage of a rule...it should be changed.

It sould be if he gets hit during his normal motion. If he decides to keep his leg in the air (calling it follow through) for a full 5 seconds, it should be overlooked.

Does anybody have the clip? I wanna see it again. I saw it last night and I think the ball had already missed when he did his flop. lol

SteelKnight
10-20-2010, 12:54 AM
It took his admission for you to shift blame from Washington to Nedney? Talk about being a little slow on the draw. It was evident as the play happened that Nedney took a dive.

As much as I still resent him for that play, I don't blame Nedney for admitting he took a dive. It's a breath of fresh air to hear people talk about the taboo topics in pro sports and not just deliver some BS line that's riddled with cliches. Everybody knows he took a dive and the play happened almost a decade ago, what good is lying going to do at this point?

I knew he exaggerated it but I was upset that Washington ran into him.

It's different if someone knocks you down and you exaggerate how hard they hit you from the falling being faked in the first place.

IDK. I guess it happens all the time in soccer.

No...I didn't blame Nedney before. The way I saw it before he "played it up". (exaggerated). I see that different from TOTALLY FAKING it. IDK...fine line.

I know I would have never admitted it. I would have been coy, smiled and said he it me and I fell down. Admitting it is like saying you cheated. This was a playoff game. IDK.