PDA

View Full Version : Hope signs with the Titans

drizze99
03-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Titans | Hope contract update
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 18:28:38 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Tennessee Titans signed FS Chris Hope to a six-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

www.KFFL.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone kinda knew it was coming after the Steelers signed Clark.

pucho58
03-15-2006, 10:03 PM
I wish nothing but the best.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Damnit !! Damnit !! This freekin sux all kinds of donkey nuts !! Comon guys, gimme a break, you get your SB ring and now you wanna bolt town!! I mean I know it goes every year like clockwork but still ! We have Ryan Carter signed but now we have to break him into the 34 zone blitz scheme and draft more depth at safety than we may have planned which makes this draft all the more important..

Yeah yeah I know, I should be used to it by now, Ive been following the NFL since I was old enough to know what it was..but man this really sux, I hate losing quality FA's like this. Chris and Troy worked so well together back there this past season.

Here it is from KFFL too..

Titans | Hope contract update
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 18:28:38 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Tennessee Titans signed FS Chris Hope to a six-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Atlanta Dan
03-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Damnit !! Damnit !! This freekin sux all kinds of donkey nuts !! Comon guys, gimme a break, you get your SB ring and now you wanna bolt town!! I mean I know it goes every year like clockwork but still ! We have Ryan Carter signed but now we have to break him into the 34 zone blitz scheme and draft more depth at safety than we may have planned which makes this draft all the more important..

Yeah yeah I know, I should be used to it by now, Ive been following the NFL since I was old enough to know what it was..but man this really sux, I hate losing quality FA's like this. Chris and Troy worked so well together back there this past season.

Here it is from KFFL too..

For whatever reason, Steelers did not aggresively pursue Hope prior to last season or during free agency. Hope negotiated with the Steelers this past week but his price and the Steelers' price for his services were way apart. When it comes to Steelers starters, I reiterate that if you are not re-signed at the start of your last year prior to free agency then you are gone. I can think of no Steeler of any significance who was re-signed after that Steeler was eligible to test the market.

You can't sign everyone - Steelers put their chips on Casey Hampton and Hines Ward
last summer. Hard to argue with focusing on those two.

I have linked to Hope's comments at the Titans press conference. Hope had very favorable comments on the Steelers although once again the Titans signing apparently is another FA decision that reflects God's will. If I thought God was responsible for causing me to quit playing with the best safety in the NFL and leave the Super Bowl champs for the Tennesseee Titans it would seriously cause me to have a crisis of faith.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_news_detail.php?PRKey=3675

Steelersfan
03-16-2006, 12:42 AM
It would have been nice to keep most of our D together but I'm not that upset about losing Hope. He was a decent safety but some of the comments he made in the Titans interview and saying he was a top 5 safety in the NFL just hit me the wrong way. He acted like the whole D revolved around him and that is far from true. We already have his replacement and now we just need some depth.

BigSteelThrill
03-16-2006, 01:52 AM
We have Ryan Carter
:sofunny: :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
03-16-2006, 02:29 AM
I have to say Hope didnt get a great deal of love on other boards, including a Pats forum.

I know he was familiar with the system, and a safety valve for Troy P. - but alot of people rated him as slow and unable to tackle.

I think Pittsburgh have done a good job tying up the players who are key to another run at the SB this year - like Atlanta Dan says "You can't sign everyone"

NM

OX1947
03-16-2006, 02:43 AM
I dont know why Hope got a bad rap here by some, he destroyed anyone that came in his path with his hitting, especially in the Super Bowl. The thing I like about Hope is he is a winner. Always has been since high school. He had won a state title, national title and now a Super Bowl. This decision was made not because of his ability but because we HAVE to sign Taz. And unfortuantly, we had to give him up. Taz will be a free agent next year but I think the Steelers give him a long term contract before the season starts. Big Ben will more then likely get the biggest paycheck in Steeler history once his thing starts. From what I hear about Clark, he tackles well and is discipline, thats all we need out of our free saftey....

BlackNGold203
03-16-2006, 07:26 AM
I have been very vocal on the boards stating that Hope was a "must sign"....however...I have to have faith in the Steelers front office that they saw something I didnt...lol..thats why they do what they do and I do what I do...so best of luck in Tennessee Mr. Hope...enjoy the playoffs on TV....

STEEL-MAN
03-16-2006, 08:36 AM
:cool: the good thing about Hope is that he did show up to play, was he as good as he thought he was no! He made a lot of tackles but he got ran over a lot, found often to be out of position and beat deep as well. I like this new kid from the Skins, I think he'll be an up grade...from attitude to play on the field. I'm sure the Steeler would have liked to keep Chris but to think he is one of the top 5 Safties....well, what was he thinking! :dang:

Now to Taylor! I'm worried the Skins are going to make play for him, Ike's going to be a star. The Steeler need to get serious and sign him to long term contract ASAP!

SteelersGirlTN7
03-16-2006, 09:21 AM
I have been very vocal on the boards stating that Hope was a "must sign"....however...I have to have faith in the Steelers front office that they saw something I didnt...lol..thats why they do what they do and I do what I do...so best of luck in Tennessee Mr. Hope...enjoy the playoffs on TV....

Ohhh lord .... being down here in Titans land .... I heard a mouthful from a Titans fan .. about how "this is their year - Superbowl baybbeeee" ... from a friend last night ..
he called just to make sure I knew that the Titans had signed Chris Hope ...

I was like, youre gonna have to get there thru Pittsburgh .. IF you get there... and this ain't the T-Mad era anymore ... did you forget how Ben lit them up on opening day?

LOL Great, I gotta hear this crap all year, and its not even the season yet.