PDA

View Full Version : Scuffle between Wexell, Madden draws Tomlin's attention

tony hipchest
10-19-2010, 10:54 PM
good stuff. wexell does what thousands of fans would love to do...

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/25700-madden-wexell-in-media-scuffle

A mini-scuffle between media members after the Steelers game Sunday got the attention of coach Mike Tomlin, who wondered aloud, in a joking fashion, if the two people in question were in violation of a ''personal-conduct policy.''

Tomlin was talking about two old antagonists, Jim Wexell and Mark Madden.

According to sources, as media members were leaving the Tomlin post-game news conference and heading toward the Steelers locker room, Wexell, a regular on the Steelers beat, shoved Madden, who rarely makes an appearance during the week or at games.

The shove was hard enough to knock Madden, who weighs more than 300 pounds, off-balance and toward one of the children of assistant coach Harold Goodwin.

Goodwin, according to someone at the scene, became furious with Wexell.

``The boy wasn't hurt, wasn't hit, but I intend to apologize to Coach Goodwin for the possibility that he would be,'' Wexell said in an e-mail. ``I was stupid.''

Explaining his actions, Wexell wrote, ``He [Madden] purposely walked in front of me to glad-hand with another reporter he'd seen all day in the press box. I shoved him and he began screaming, going through everything he said 10 years ago''

In an earlier versiion of this story, it was written that Wexell called Madden a name. Wexell has denied that. ``Never said anything,'' he wrote.

In 2002, Wexell was fired from a part-time job at ESPN Radio 1250 when he refused to apologize for on-air comments he made about Madden.

SteelCityMom
10-19-2010, 11:25 PM
That's hilarious. Sounds like Madden was being a dick ( I know big surprise ), but Wexell was just being a dumbass.

Fight nice now children! :sissies:

MasterOfPuppets
10-20-2010, 01:35 AM
In an earlier versiion of this story, it was written that Wexell called Madden a name.

put me down for $ 100 on fatass .:thumbsup: