View Full Version : 1st rd. over, any thoughts

clevestinks
04-23-2005, 05:29 PM
AFCN round 1 over how we do??

Baltimore got thier WR,
Cleve got thier WR,
Cincy got thier db
and we got the ultimate TE

I think BR got a good wide receiver this has to improve thier offense, they had no wideouts last year, but thier defense is getting older.

Cincy, Mortinson predicted that the bungles could be the darkhorse to knockoff the Pats this year, must be smokin crack, did get a good dback but come on.

Brownies got a great wr, but does he have a qb, NO, I have a feeling the brownies will still try to come up with another free agent qb later. I myself would have takin AAron Rogers.BUt what do I know. Edwards is great though.

Steelers, We got Heath Miller, good pick? I have a little problem drafting a injured player 1st round. But I`m sure the Steelers know what going on, So Go Heath Miller!!

Prosdo
04-23-2005, 05:39 PM
I was curious about his injury too when they mentioned it on ESPN. Bill Cowher said he should be fine for Training Camp, but he may miss the upcoming mini camp. In a way that concerns me, but I believe Cowher and staff know what they are doing. I think having him in the TE position will add something new. It will add a new threat for us if he indeed does what everyone is saying, which I think he will. I was not sold on him at first, but I think he will do well here.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-23-2005, 08:11 PM
I still cant believe the Jags stole Jones from us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HinesWard4Life8682
04-23-2005, 08:34 PM
no this draft is going perfect

we got the TE we needed and now we got a tough fast CB with McFAdden

BlitzburghRockCity
04-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Yeah but now we need to use him and his talents. Yes he can block and thats definatley great, but still,we better use his hands to ben's advantage!!

hardwork
04-23-2005, 08:51 PM
I wouldn't give that injury a second thought if I were you. You can't expect these guys to be clean after playing at the level they've played at for 4 years. He'll be fine. We took Mankins who's already had knee problems.

You've had a good looking draft so far. Good "looking" because you never know until they step out onto the field as pros.

Prosdo
04-23-2005, 08:53 PM
I agree. His talents definitely need to be utilized. He is a nice addition to the team. If he works hard and we use him to his fullest talents it will a great new threat.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-23-2005, 08:55 PM
I agree work, nothing is perfect on draft day, but the prospects so far look good, we addressed another weapon for Ben and another way to stop offenses in the first rounds.

we've taken CB's early in the last 3 years, so this better pay off !!

Prosdo
04-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Very true work. These guys have a lot of potential. I'm hoping Byrant McFadden proves to be a great addition to our D. I am also very excited to see Heath Miller added into the offensive mix.

clevestinks
04-23-2005, 09:17 PM
Hardwork, I didn`t catch or get the NE trade with the ratbirds, whats up?

hardwork
04-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Cleve, I think we got a third round this year, and a 6th for next year from Balt for our second.

I see we just took another OL. About the same size as Logan Mankins, 6' 4 1/2" to 6' 5", 310 to 320, and like Mankins may go from tackle to guard.

ironcitychef
04-24-2005, 12:52 AM
Very Happy with the draft. I still get concerned that we won't utilize talent like Miller at the TE spot but its great to make D's focus on so many options. As for Mc Fadden I'm stoked. I was tired of always watching Washington get beat over the top and just wanted some bigger guys. Plus how many reps did he do? Gotta check out the third round now, but I just got home from work so its late, maybe in the am.

tootalltoscore
04-24-2005, 07:50 AM
My first post and i'm an English fan so bear with me.

Heath Miller is a steal for the Steelers - no pun intended - number 1 at this position and available at 30, wow!!

I have to say myself that the pick in the 2nd may top that. We needed a CB and I think we may have an absolute gem, most of his moves will take place at the line of scrimmage, he is a tough, hard hitting player, he could probably add a few more pounds on to his body without affecting his skills.

I especially like the comments made by a draftnik who knows what he is talking about - see below:

Bryant is very close to being a first round pick. He reminds me a lot of Chris Gamble of Ohio St in last year?s draft, but Bryant is further along with his skills then Chris was. In fact, Bryant is further along with his CB skills at this stage than a lot of CB?s in this draft. The biggest concern for me with Bryant is how much better he can get. Is he a #2 CB or a #1 CB? Bryant must make the scouts feel that he can stay on the field and to do that, he must bulk up. Look to the combine for the answer to this. If Bryant goes to the combine and keeps or gains the weight that he had at the Senior Bowl and doesn?t lose any speed or quickness, then he could sneak into the first round. At the Senior Bowl, he was up to 191 lbs and his workouts were good. He has made a lot of scouts re-evaluate their profiles on him. Not me -- I know Bryant has 1st round talent and if I needed a CB, I would pick him over a lot of flashy Juniors that are coming out without the techniques needed to be successful in the NFL.

Sorry for the long post, will try and keep it shorter in future :)

clevestinks
04-24-2005, 08:10 AM
tootall, welcome. England? Thats awesome. Steelers Fans worldwide. Never apologize for a long thread. Goood points, Lets hope Miller is healthy and this will only help Ben.

How are the Steelers in England, do they have many fans there?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-24-2005, 08:28 AM
nice insight, and dont ever worry about posting up a long thread w/ good content like that. Welcome to SF

Prosdo
04-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Welcome tootal! It's always nice to see more Steeler fans come out and post. Good post. I have heard nothing but good things about Bryant so far. It makes me more and more excited for training camp and the season :)

ironcitychef
04-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Overall I like that we are back to picking tough workman guys that fit in our system. Its nice to see the press say that a player will look great in black and gold. Means the team is still bigger than the player. Oh yeah, trust me...no one cares about long posts as long as they are insightful. Not that I do that...