PDA

View Full Version : Is Miami gonna force us to wear black in the heat again?

PhantomJB93
10-20-2010, 08:53 PM
We haven't worn our away jerseys yet all year, surprisingly, so Im just curious if Miami (who tend to be one of the hotter climates for NFL cities) is gonna go the "Well make them suffer in the heat" route again and keep that streak going...

Fire Haley
10-20-2010, 09:30 PM
phhhftp........Like it worked in Tampa when it was 110 - I was there.

I hope the Steelers come out with an all-black uniform for every game from now on.

Yeah - we be the bad boys, with the most hated QB and the most hated LB in the league.

What you bitches gonna do about it?

Merchant
10-20-2010, 09:35 PM
We're 2-0 on the road with em on. Bring it!

MDSteel15
10-21-2010, 08:21 AM
phhhftp........Like it worked in Tampa when it was 110 - I was there.

I hope the Steelers come out with an all-black uniform for every game from now on.

Yeah - we be the bad boys, with the most hated QB and the most hated LB in the league.

What you bitches gonna do about it?

Don't forget the most hated WR(Hines) and the most hated hair(Troy)!!! :tt03:

lionslicer
10-21-2010, 10:42 AM
More than likely... You know Don Shula first started making visiting teams wear white back in 1972... They had the perfect season then, so other teams have started doing it also.

But when you have a good team like the Steelers do with good backups to interchange and rotate with during the game, the heat doesn't effect them as much. Back then, teams backup players were pretty bad, they were usually players who made the teams during tryouts, so it benefited Miami and other southern teams well.

DoubleYoi
10-21-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm pretty sure the uniforms being worn for each game have to be submitted to and approved by the NFL before the season starts or at least a certain amount of time before the game is played (7 weeks or something.) Being late October, I doubt Miami had it in mind to make the Steelers wear black so they'd suffer in the heat.

Any uniform changes like memorial patches and tributes need to be approved by the NFL as well. It's amazing how big the NFL is but how little information is actually out there about the uniform-choosing process, unless I'm just looking in the wrong places. Here's a pretty cool website I found while searching for answers. It pertains to last year's uniform changes but the way it's worded in parts makes you think the uniforms are set way in advance of the game being played:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/090909&sportCat=nfl

wootawnee
10-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Dude those old uni's way back when were very thick and hot...........

3rdandlong
10-24-2010, 09:15 AM
The black jerseys aren't going to bother us at all. If Miami thinks that gives them an advantage, they're deluding themselves. I look for Pouncey to have a big day, he is right at home in the hot weather.

SoCalFan
10-24-2010, 09:54 AM
I hope they try it,I like em better anyways.Teams are trying everything possible to find the kryptonite!