PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison has the right idea...

MikeHaullace
10-21-2010, 12:14 AM
I've been wanting to 'quit' the NFL in recent years. This feeling started back in the snow with the tuck rule.

As time progressed, more and more jokes were made about putting QBs in skirts. It was alarming then because the only reason the joke stayed fresh is because more and more rules were added to give the offense yet another advantage over the defense.

People ask me all the time why I am a Steelers fan. I live in the DFW, TX area.

I am a Steelers fan because they play a smash-mouth brand of football. Their ownership and tradition certainly play a role but all-in-all, but it just comes down to the fact I like their brand of football.

I want to touch on both of Harrison's hits:

Cribbs: Obviously led with his shoulder. Just makin' a play. We all know that. NFL acknowledged before investigation. Ball carrier = Clean hit. F.U. for anyone that believes anything about it was malicious.

Massaquoi: If you didn't watch the play over and over and over, you're doing it wrong. I watched the hit at least a dozen times and feel like, had Massaquoi not braced for the impact, helmets would have never touched and it would have been a non-issue. Just another case of trying to put a shoulder in the chest, but in a game of such speed and inches, noggins collided.

The verdict:

The NFL is extorting $75,000 from James Harrison; stealing from a man that is apparently risking his health for their financial gain.

So I'm with James. Sfckrew you, Roger Goodell. Sfckrew you, NFL. At the conclusion of this season, I'm done. I will be washing my hands clean of you. You've become a WWF circus and I don't like it anymore. A league that used to be fueled by competition has been ruined by a smug suit with no real love or allegiance to the sanctity of the sport.

So James. Stay or go. You're the greatest outside linebacker that has ever played for the Steelers. It's a shame you're being punished for being bad-ass beyond your years. Keep on keepin' it real, brah. Respect. :tt03:

SoCalFan
10-21-2010, 12:33 AM
I kinda feel the same way but lets be honest,you and I alike will be back next season for more.That 75k is robbery,I agree!

MDSteel15
10-21-2010, 09:18 AM
If you watch it over and over and over...... You should notice that he never touched him with his helmet! His forearms are what knocked him out :drink:

Curtain_of_Steel
10-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Right on Mike, that is exactly what I have been saying, which will continue to cause issues on other plays. These wr's come across knowing they are going to be hit. Once they get the ball they brace for the hit, this time he crunched lower as harrison was already coming in. also it wasnt a bang bang play, meaning he did take a step or 2, and than balled up lower. If he didnt ball up it wouldve been a chest shot.

Now of course I do not think the nfl is arguing a head shot, they are stating its a defenclist hit. However IMO the defencelist hit is what Ward has done to the dbacks, not a WR CATCHING the ball. If the player makes a play than makes the "football move" which Massaquio did, it should be fair game.

Harrison appealed it, and they should not get a face to face to argue it.

steelerdave1969
10-21-2010, 10:05 AM
If you watch it over and over and over...... You should notice that he never touched him with his helmet! His forearms are what knocked him out :drink:

I agree MD. But I also think that Harrison should have just put a shoulder into him and Speered him to the ground. That might have hurt him worst that the hit did. I hate to say it, but I have seen Troy Polomalu make hits and the players just bounce off and continue on their ways. Why not wrap your arms around the guy and just Smash him to the ground? That would be Text Book. The hit by the guy on the TE from the Ravens was the worst hit cuz the guy was held up already and the guy just more less Head Butted Heap.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Yea Steeler dave a ruptured spleen is less than a concussion, lol.

The hit was labels "defenseless" Not a blow to the head, wasnt it? I dont think the argument from the nfl was a head shot. Still he made a foot ball move with 2 feet down and moving, he is fair game

stb_steeler
10-21-2010, 04:30 PM
What next?....College rules?. :coffee:

wootawnee
10-21-2010, 05:55 PM

Forearms to the head are illegal too......That is what Tatum did to D Stingley......Check out this link......

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1121171/index.htm

jjpro11
10-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Forearms to the head are illegal too......That is what Tatum did to D Stingley......Check out this link......

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1121171/index.htm

the problem is Harrison was aiming for a clean shot to Massaquoi's chest, but Massaquoi ducked down last second. how can you penalize a guy for an accidental hit caused by the receiver himself?

MDSteel15
10-22-2010, 07:48 AM
the problem is Harrison was aiming for a clean shot to Massaquoi's chest, but Massaquoi ducked down last second. how can you penalize a guy for an accidental hit caused by the receiver himself?

Thank you for saying it before I did :coffee: