PDA

View Full Version : Fins are no joke

thumper
10-21-2010, 05:14 PM
I watched the replay of Fins - Pack. They are no joke. That Henne to Marshal connection is really producing now. You got a big, tall QB tossing high balls to his big, tall WR and it was virtually unstoppable in Green Bay. They got a solid D, two good running back (Ricky Williams looks as good as ever) and a team that hustles. Pgh could easily lose this one. It would not be a shock at all.

Fire Arians
10-21-2010, 05:19 PM
im a little worried that this harrison situation might be a huge distraction. hopefully the team is concentrating on the task at hand, because it's almost game time and they're still all talking about james' fine

it should be competitive no doubt, but the steelers are the better team especially with ben back

btaylor
10-21-2010, 05:24 PM
im scared!

wootawnee
10-21-2010, 05:43 PM
5 teams in a row were no joke last season....go figure.........Time to get some more fines........I can't wait.....I hope a huge storm comes again......

mesaSteeler
10-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Time to squish the Fish!

Steeler4life1972
10-21-2010, 07:17 PM
I think we will be ok...control the line of scrimmage and dont take a bunch of sacks...gotta keep cameron wake blocked!! My prediction 23-13 steelers...as long as our guys are not afraid to hit after the bullshit suspension rule!!!

tony hipchest
10-21-2010, 07:20 PM
after the way they played vs the patriots, i think theyre a joke.

thats not to say the steelers cant screw the pooch and lose, but it wouldnt be because miami is spectacular.

Steeler4life1972
10-21-2010, 07:24 PM
I would pound the ball with the run game till they stop it...I dont think we will be distracted but I absolutely think you will see a pissed off steeler team!!!!

thumper
10-21-2010, 07:25 PM
So this place deletes posts for no reason? I had two deleted from this thread.

Steeler4life1972
10-21-2010, 07:29 PM
I dont know thumper...im new here and havent had one deleted yet

thumper
10-21-2010, 07:32 PM
im a little worried that this harrison situation might be a huge distraction. hopefully the team is concentrating on the task at hand, because it's almost game time and they're still all talking about james' fine

it should be competitive no doubt, but the steelers are the better team especially with ben back

The Harrison thing worries me too. Pgh is the better team. Better D, better QB, more experienced. But some factors make it a toss up, including Harrison distraction, Miami being the home team, etc. Also, Miami can play the "no one respects us" card and Pgh really can't, being that so many talking heads are saying Pgh is the best team in the NFL. No one is saying those things about Miami and they will use that.

Pgh is a lousy 28th in O (heavily influenced by Ben's absence.)
Miami is a impressive 8th.

Pgh is 6th in D, Miami is 9th. Not that big of a difference.

thumper
10-21-2010, 07:32 PM
I dont know thumper...im new here and havent had one deleted yet

No idea. Maybe a quirk. We will see. My posts were nothing worth
deleting.

SteelCityMom
10-21-2010, 07:36 PM
No idea. Maybe a quirk. We will see. My posts were nothing worth
deleting.

If they were, I'm not sure why...the server has been acting funny the past hour or so (taking longer to load, not loading the whole way...for me at least), are you sure they posted properly?

Steeler4life1972
10-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Everybody dont fret so much...I have faith in this years team...we will be fine like I said this is a pissed off team right now and I think Ben will be better prepared with a week under his belt. I dont think our defense will actually suffer from the suspension shit hanging over our head but I do think Henne will be running for his life. Remember we have lebeau as a coordinator...nuff said!:tt04:

ZoneBlitzer
10-21-2010, 11:15 PM
I watched the replay of Fins - Pack. They are no joke. That Henne to Marshal connection is really producing now. You got a big, tall QB tossing high balls to his big, tall WR and it was virtually unstoppable in Green Bay. They got a solid D, two good running back (Ricky Williams looks as good as ever) and a team that hustles. Pgh could easily lose this one. It would not be a shock at all.

Because the game will be on TV locally for the first time this season, I now expect them to lose. Every week, I've scrambled and had to watch a jittery online feed to view the games and now, for the first time, I can rest on the couch to tune in therefore by the Murphy's Law, they will lose. Also, what you said is also very valid as well.

MongoSteeler
10-21-2010, 11:25 PM
They beat Green Bat 23-20 in OT. Green Bay has no running game,a banged up defense and poor offensive line. Green Bay has been in the 3-4 for 1 season and 5 games. Defense will rule this game and make Henne look like a rookie in his first start. Go Steelers.

lionslicer
10-21-2010, 11:31 PM
No team is a joke. As we've seen countless times in the NFL, teams can bring their A game, and the F minus game... As the Jags have shown many times the past couple seasons. Going the distance with the best teams, losing to the worst teams.

I would be surprised if the Steelers totally dominated this game, I think it will be close till the end when Ben throws 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter to put victory out of reach for the Fins.

thumper
10-22-2010, 01:17 PM
If they were, I'm not sure why...the server has been acting funny the past hour or so (taking longer to load, not loading the whole way...for me at least), are you sure they posted properly?

I don't know. I don't think it was anything nefarious in retrospect.

DoubleYoi
10-22-2010, 01:42 PM
The Harrison thing worries me too. Pgh is the better team. Better D, better QB, more experienced. But some factors make it a toss up, including Harrison distraction, Miami being the home team, etc. Also, Miami can play the "no one respects us" card and Pgh really can't, being that so many talking heads are saying Pgh is the best team in the NFL. No one is saying those things about Miami and they will use that.

Pgh is a lousy 28th in O (heavily influenced by Ben's absence.)
Miami is a impressive 8th.

Pgh is 6th in D, Miami is 9th. Not that big of a difference.

Can't look too far into offensive or defensive rankings. A lot of times they're heavily skewed but you can't tell just by looking at the overall ranking. For instance, Pittsburgh having the 6th overall D is a bit mis-leading since they've given up the fewest amount of points in the NFL. Their pass defense looks suspect based on the yardage allowed but the majority of it came in the 4th quarter against the Steelers prevent defense. That was the case in the Tennessee game and Cleveland game for sure.

As for Sunday's game, it should be a close contest but I don't see the Dolphins being able to pull it out. Henne against a LeBeau defense......advantage LeBeau.

thumper
10-22-2010, 02:03 PM

SCMOM, MST3K rules! We used to love watching that
when it was on Sat. nights, and then it used to be on Sat.
morning. Miss it. And we wonder why only some reruns
are available but a huge mass of them seem gone forever.
I still rent them on netflicks.

DanRooney
10-22-2010, 04:10 PM
We have the better team all around. I will beyond pissed if we fall flat against them.

stb_steeler
10-22-2010, 04:45 PM

I dont think that will have no effect at all, I think Harrison will still play with the same intensity as usual. He's gonna play with a chip on his shoulder and the rest of the team as well.

thumper
10-22-2010, 05:43 PM
We have the better team all around. I will beyond pissed if we fall flat against them.

Any given Sunday. Teams can't operate at peak every week.
Pgh will eventually come in flat at some point. Is it this week?
I don't know. It could be. I am hoping that somewhere around
mid season, they lose a few and have people stop saying
they are the best team, so we are off the radar and ready to
make a run 2nd half of Dec. and into Jan. If we peak too early,
it could be 2004 all over again. In both 2005 and 2008 we lost
games and THEN went on a run. Those were perfect timing
seasons. Losing to TN late got the media off saying Pgh was
the team to beat and I KNEW that was a good thing, and as
we know, it proved to be so.

Fire Arians
10-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Any given Sunday. Teams can't operate at peak every week.
Pgh will eventually come in flat at some point. Is it this week?
I don't know. It could be. I am hoping that somewhere around
mid season, they lose a few and have people stop saying
they are the best team, so we are off the radar and ready to
make a run 2nd half of Dec. and into Jan. If we peak too early,
it could be 2004 all over again. In both 2005 and 2008 we lost
games and THEN went on a run. Those were perfect timing
seasons. Losing to TN late got the media off saying Pgh was
the team to beat and I KNEW that was a good thing, and as
we know, it proved to be so.

I don't think this is the week, Ben coming back has the team riding a high at the moment, unless the harrison drama killed it.

cloppbeast
10-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Not only is Pittsburgh the better football team talent-wise, they also are better coached and fundamentally sound. In other words, they play smarter football. The Steelers are +9 in the turnover department; the Dolphins are -4.

The Dolphins do not match up well against the Steelers. The strength of their offense is their running game - and nobody runs against the Steelers.

I won't say the Dolphins don't have a chance - it is the NFL. We've seen the wildcat work against the Steelers in the past, and nobody does it better than the 'Phins. If they can effectively run the wildcat, it could be a long day for the Steelers. Also if Miami can win the turnover battle, which is unlikely, they have a shot.

Fire Arians
10-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Not only is Pittsburgh the better football team talent-wise, they also are better coached and fundamentally sound. In other words, they play smarter football. The Steelers are +9 in the turnover department; the Dolphins are -4.

The Dolphins do not match up well against the Steelers. The strength of their offense is their running game - and nobody runs against the Steelers.

I won't say the Dolphins don't have a chance - it is the NFL. We've seen the wildcat work against the Steelers in the past, and nobody does it better than the 'Phins. If they can effectively run the wildcat, it could be a long day for the Steelers. Also if Miami can win the turnover battle, which is unlikely, they have a shot.

in other words, if they don't lose, they'll win

thumper
10-23-2010, 12:30 PM

I don't think Miami really runs the wildcat anymore. And, most team know
how to stop it: just have everyone stay in their lanes and holes don't
develop, back has no where to go.

lionslicer
10-23-2010, 03:24 PM
in other words, if they don't lose, they'll win

"If a team doesn't lose the game, they will probably be the winner of that game"
-John Madden

sharkweek
10-23-2010, 10:44 PM
5 teams in a row were no joke last season....go figure.........Time to get some more fines........I can't wait.....I hope a huge storm comes again......

no, they were a joke, we were just the even bigger joke for losing to them

The difference here is that Miami is playing solid football and has looked impressive at times. Couple that with the fact that the game is in Miami and that should make them even more dangerous. Last season we were just about unanimously favored to win those games we choked away, this game analysts are actually split on who they're picking.

sharkweek
10-23-2010, 10:45 PM
"If a team doesn't lose the game, they will probably be the winner of that game"
-John Madden

hey, that's smart, because they could tie it. So if the team doesn't lose the game, they could tie it, but since ties are rare, they'll probably win the game.