PDA

View Full Version : Ed B chat 10 / 19

MasterOfPuppets
10-21-2010, 09:10 PM
bigben7: Did MT mention if there has been any word from the NFL about Harrison possible suspension?

Ed Bouchette: They've heard nothing yet. I would not expect a suspension. I would expect a fat fine.

stillustronic: What is up with black jerseys all year? Will they ever wear white ones?

Ed Bouchette: They wear black at home and will wear black on the road when the home team wears white, which was the case in Tenn. and Tampa

Polamalu43: Ed, with new enforcement on rules for helmet to helmet hits, what would Lambert, Butkus and Lott have to say about it?

Ed Bouchette: I don't think Jack Lambert was big on leading with his helmet. Put a video on from the 1970s Steelers and you will see mostly good tackling, not blowup shots.

Steeltyke: Ed, what is the latest injury situation following Sunday's game, particularly with regard to Keisel's hamstring?

Ed Bouchette: Keisel is out and MT is not sure whether Ziggy Hood or Nick Eason will start. Everyone else is OK.

Polamalu43: Ed, will K. Lewis ever play again for the Steelers?

Ed Bouchette: To play again, you must first play.

Nate: Ed, do you see Sanders dressing again this week? Caught the 2 passes that were thrown his way. What about Brown?

Ed Bouchette: I asked MT that question today and he said he wants the two to compete during the week. I believe he wants to keep both involved so you're not likely to see one dress for a long time while the other does not.

toddinsyracuse: Seems like we talk about it weekly, but when will Mendy's carry count be ratcheted back? I was very concerned for his health after the TJ Ward hit (which was helmet to helmet BTW)

Ed Bouchette: Legal hit, btw. Mike said he is aware and wants to spread the ball around. One way to start would be to pull him late in runaway games, as the Steelers did not do in Tampa and vs. Browns.

ChrisINcleve: Hey Ed, with Bret K out will Ziggy get a bigger stage to shine on? It seems he has been pretty invisible this year....

Ed Bouchette: You would think a first-round pick in his second season would be the automatic starter when someone in front of him cannot play. That is apparently not the case.

Josh: Ed - The Steelers tend to play extremely well in prime time games. Since 3 of their next 4 games are in primetime will that help to ease the difficulty of this tough 4 game stretch?

Ed Bouchette: They were 2-2 in prime time last season, including that loss in Cleveland. I don't know that the time of game makes much of a difference.

SteelerFANagh1: Any chance they will cut someone to make room for an extra D-liner?

Ed Bouchette: That is quite possible, especially in the heat in South Florida. Mike acknowledged as much. Whether it's Steve McLendon again or not, I don't know, and I don't know who you would cut -- Batch for a weekend?

Nate: Ed, any update on the O-line injuries?

Ed Bouchette: Doug Legursky has what must be a mild left MCL sprain because MT said he will play.

tx_steeler: Is Harrison now playing Porter's role of saying stupid things?

Ed Bouchette: I would not call them stupid. Maybe they fire some people up.

Harrison+Woodley=Sacks: Do you personally think either hit by Harrison was illegal?

Ed Bouchette: Yes, the second one.

tx_steeler: What did you think of Colt McCoy's performance? Good, or overrated dink and dunk like Vic Ketchman thinks?

Ed Bouchette: Colt McCoy handled himself well in his first game, under trying circumstances, especially after he lost Cribbs. Going by one game, I'd say he'll remain their starter but young players tend to be up and down.

Polamalu43: Ed, so far, who is your offensive MVP and Defensive MVP for the Steelers?

Ed Bouchette: After all of 5 games? Rashard Mendenhall on offense, Lawrence Timmons on defense.

reigning steel: Is everyone sick of the "pink" think yet? I think it is a transparent gimmick to increase female fans.

Ed Bouchette: I've felt that all along. It is for a good cause, but there are many good causes out there and the NFL picked one and, I believe, for marketing reasons.

richard: When is Essex supposed to be back and healthy?

Ed Bouchette: He's getting there, MT said today.

Stag: What do you think is the biggest factor to Timmons playing at such a higher level than last year?

Ed Bouchette: I think there are three factors: He knows the defense better and he has 2 healthy ankles.

Pete: Ed, if Harrison gets suspended, who steps up in his spot? Fox? Or does Timmons slide over?

Ed Bouchette: Lawrence Timmons would start at ROLB and Larry Foote would start inside.

jester51: Football question, can a player that has been put on injured reserve come back the same year or are they done. I like DD and think that he could be used once in awhile for "trick" plays.

Ed Bouchette: Players put on IR are done.

reigning steel: I still think the Steelers should have hired Russ Grimm. Don't you agree this team would be much farther along with him at HC?

Ed Bouchette: You mean they would have won TWO Super Bowls and their record today would be 5-0?

Wardrules: Wouldn't Batch get picked up if he was cut?

Ed Bouchette: No.

walter abercrombie: Ed do you think Moore belongs on the roster?

Ed Bouchette: He is your starting halfback if something happens to Rashard Mendenhall.

jim: Leader grade for Hotel thus far, and please explain.

Ed Bouchette: Marriott, more of them, good prices, quality.

rockman1_1: What did you think of the Cowher/Ben interview? Do you think they have better relationship now then when Cowher was coaching?

Ed Bouchette: Yes, they have a better relationship now, which is natural. I was told nothing really came out of the interview so I did not listen to it.

Dan: I'm still concerned about the D giving up late touchdowns...we did it again this past week... your thoughts.

Ed Bouchette: They allowed one late TD that meant a hoot, the one to Baltimore. I would not worry about the others in lopsided victories.

Black and Gold Fan: Ed- Steeler record AFTER the next 5 games???

Ed Bouchette: After the next 5 games? I'm still trying to determine who to go with on Sunday in Miami. Why 5?

Bill Cowhers Chin: When will the Pro Bowl return to my native Hawaii?

Ed Bouchette: Ahhh, news must travel slowly to wherever you are. The next PB will be held in Honolulu.

RickO: Ed, Does the league or the team tell players they have to wear the pink, or is it up to the individual players?
Ed Bouchette: It's up to the players, with strong suggestions.

Inch Cowher: Is this the best defense the Steelers have had since 2008?

Ed Bouchette: We're going all the way back to that defense? Let's see . . . yes, it is better than the one they had in 2009 --- so far.

FLOUNDER: Ed, any chance Steelers would be interested in Parker if Mendenhall would get any more banged up?

Ed Bouchette: I would guess they'd have to take a look at him if Mendenhall were out for long.

Meredith: Should the NFL do more to protect players that sustain concussions?

Ed Bouchette: I'm not sure what more they can do. Keep them out until they recover, I would imagine. Ban them after so many? They're trying preventative measures and also post-injury in which they do not permit them to jump back into a game, e.g.

Mesto: Will Cowher coach again next year?

Ed Bouchette: My guess would be yes, but I don't think it's going to be in Carolina. I think Jerome Bettis was right that if the job opened in NY, it would be Cowher's. He wants to go somewhere that has a good, established QB.

Jopa-n: Which interview was better? The Hoge or Cowher interview?

Ed Bouchette: Mine, on the first day of training camp (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10212/1076672-66.stm).

mikeflores16: What do you attribute Bradshaw's attitude towards Ben? I love them both but it does seem a bit odd that he constantly badmouths Ben.

Ed Bouchette: I don't know that Terry constantly badmouths him, and I don't know why he is not entitled to his opinion. Is what he said any different from what many people have said and written since March 5?

mikeflores16: What do you think about Flozell playing next year?

Ed Bouchette: I'm guessing this is a one-year thing here for the Hotel.

Ed Bouchette: Thanks for your questions. See you next Tuesday.

:popcorn: