PDA

View Full Version : When is Roger going to suspend Farve?

pittguy578
10-21-2010, 11:13 PM
I mean he sexually harassed an employee of the team.
He has photographic evidence.
He should get 4 games.
But the emperor has no balls.

MattsMe
10-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Pretty sure we have a thread about this already.

brett favre

lionslicer
10-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Hasn't been proven yet.

Brett Favre

"Here's a guy who when he has his pants down, his privates are showing"
-John Madden over the scandel

MattsMe
10-21-2010, 11:35 PM
"Here's a guy who when he has his pants down, his privates are showing"
-John Madden over the scandel

:toofunny:

Brilliant! Madden always was a master of the obvious.

tony hipchest
10-21-2010, 11:38 PM
please people...

lets keep non steelers related topics in the non steelers related forums.

brett favre

steelerohio
10-21-2010, 11:46 PM
maybe after the Vikings win the Super Bowl and Brett Favre retire...

brett favre

SteelersinCA
10-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Brett Favre?

tony hipchest
10-22-2010, 02:09 PM
the real question is When is Favre going to suspend Roger? :tap:

brett favre

Curtain_of_Steel
10-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Proven? Since when does the NFL need proof. I thought it was allegations that get you suspended here?

steelax04
10-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Did you guys hear that Chuck Norris sent pics of his privates to Brett Favre?

SteelCityMom
10-22-2010, 03:57 PM
I think it's a shame that most of you want Brett Favre suspended just because he has the most awesome man parts ever. The ladies love them some Brett Favre.

Brett Favre

Atlanta Dan
10-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Jenn Sterger won't talk to NFL if she and Vikings' Brett Favre settle for money

Jenn Sterger, the subject of the NFL's investigation into Brett Favre's behavior, would decline the league's interview request if she and the Vikings quarterback reach a financial settlement that would prevent her from any potential legal action against Favre, the Pioneer Press has learned.

The settlement would include a confidentiality agreement between the two that would effectively stop the NFL, which does not have subpoena power, from speaking with Sterger about Favre.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_16410340?nclick_check=1

Maybe Favre can get Goodell (or Wrangler?) to chip in since both Brett and the league office want this PR problem to go away

tony hipchest
10-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Maybe Favre can get Goodell (or Wrangler?) to chip in since both Brett and the league office want this PR problem to go away

:scratchchin:

on top of the $175,000 in fines levied on harisson and co. earlier this week the league office announced another 12 players fined on friday.

pretty late in teh week to be fining so many players. i must admit i have NEVER seen that before.

i guess it was for the "sweep favres mess under the rug" fund.

God forbid goodell have to show consistancy and suspend another white qb (who is not a steeler) who brought shame unto the shield.

brett favre. :yeehaw:

TOOLofSTEEL
10-23-2010, 05:18 PM
I mean he sexually harassed an employee of the team.
He has photographic evidence.
He should get 4 games.
But the emperor has no balls.

Goodell is trying to secure a "'personal" copy of the photos. Before he suspends Favre.

It is BS though, some just says "Ben raped me" and I can hear the telephones ringing and the printer popping out a notice to the team Ben is gone for four weeks.

Favre gets caught with some sexual harassment stuff and... Nothing.

lionslicer
10-23-2010, 05:18 PM
:scratchchin:

on top of the $175,000 in fines levied on harisson and co. earlier this week the league office announced another 12 players fined on friday.

pretty late in teh week to be fining so many players. i must admit i have NEVER seen that before.

i guess it was for the "sweep favres mess under the rug" fund.

God forbid goodell have to show consistancy and suspend another white qb (who is not a steeler) who brought shame unto the shield.

brett favre. :yeehaw:

Favre makes $1 million a game. He can pay the girl off himself, unless he's refusing to because he's innocent. Then the NFL wants to do it for him.

I still stand behind Favre that he's innocent do to Sterger not giving her phone to police or the NFL so they can prove the photos and the texts came directly from Favre's phone or not.

Atlanta Dan
10-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Did you guys hear that Chuck Norris sent pics of his privates to Brett Favre?

Is Brett in settlement discussions with Chuck for a settlement payment to avoid having Brett going to Goodell?

MasterOfPuppets
10-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Brett Favre's Penis Gets Huge Offer

Tmz (http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/20/brett-favre-huge-offer-europe-puppetry-of-the-penis-simon-morley-minnesota-vikings-nfl-jenn-sterger-sexting-pictures-jets-reporter/) : Not everybody's shying away from Brett Favre's penis these days -- TMZ has learned the embattled QB just got an offer to expose himself on the grandest stage of all ... "The Puppetry of the Penis."

Ever since dong-filled photos -- allegedly starring Brett's man parts -- surfaced online ... the guys at the long-running "POTP" have taken notice ... and want to sign Brett up for work.

In fact, TMZ has learned the show's creator Simon Morley just fired off a letter to Brett's agent saying, "I, unlike a lot of people in the USA at the moment, am quite impressed with Brett's complete lack of shame."

He continues, "We would like to offer him the opportunity to join our traveling troupe on a tour of Europe" ... followed by a stint in the U.S. where he could perform "genital art across America."

We're guessing Brett probably won't accept the offer -- but with 5 fumbles on the season already, he could probably stand to brush up on his ball handling skills.
http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/entertainment/201010/95544.php

Lady Steel
10-24-2010, 04:29 PM
I still stand behind Favre that he's innocent do to Sterger not giving her phone to police or the NFL so they can prove the photos and the texts came directly from Favre's phone or not.

I'm not too sure about Favre being so innocent. His wife has detailed a past of Brett cheating while with the Packers in her 2007 book.

MasterOfPuppets
10-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Favre says he left voicemails, not photos, with ex-Jets employee

NEW YORK -- Brett Favre (http://www.nfl.com/players/brettfavre/profile?id=FAV540222) has admitted leaving voicemails for the former New York Jets (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkjets/profile?team=NYJ) employee to whom a website says he also sent lewd photos.
NFL Network and Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reported Sunday that Favre told league investigators he left phone messages for Jenn Sterger, who worked for the Jets in 2008 when Favre was their quarterback.

Glazer didn't say who provided the information.
Glazer also reported that Favre, who now plays for the Minnesota Vikings (http://www.nfl.com/teams/minnesotavikings/profile?team=MIN), denied sending Sterger inappropriate photos.
The NFL is investigating a Deadspin report earlier this month that Favre sent the racy photos to Sterger two years ago. Sterger, now an on-air personality for Versus, hasn't cooperated with the league yet, but her manager, Phil Reese, told The Associated Press on Sunday that could happen quickly.
"She is strongly considering it, leaning toward it," Reese said.
Asked if Favre admitted leaving the voicemails for Sterger, but denied sending any photos, Reese added:
"We're currently in the fact-gathering stage; all I'm doing is dealing with facts. Unfortunately the person in the pictures didn't also hold up their driver's license, so I'm not going to speculate as far as identity. But I'm working with people to diligently get all the facts."
Reese also has said that Sterger hasn't had any discussions with Favre's representatives about a possible financial settlement stemming from the allegations.
Favre and the Vikings play Sunday night at Green Bay.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b8f86c/article/favre-says-he-left-voicemails-not-photos-with-exjets-employee?module=HP_headlines

lionslicer
10-24-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm not too sure about Favre being so innocent. His wife has detailed a past of Brett cheating while with the Packers in her 2007 book.

Well because of what has come up late, I don't think he's innocent anymore lol.

I assumed the girl was lying because she refuses to show "evidence" to the police. When someone does that, 99% of the time they made everything up.

Lady Steel
10-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Now there are ex-FBI agents involved. :doh:

I don't know why they just won't get the 6" ruler out and measure Brett's teenie weenie against the teenie weenie in the alleged photo. That should solve the whole problem. :mg: Unless, of course, there is no photo. Then it's end of story.

Kanata-Steeler
10-31-2010, 06:42 PM
over what some "Text" ??!!, oh wait I'm sorry, AND an attached photo ?.... blurpt blurp barf. Would a suspension against Favre make you feel any better about Bens suspension ? -comon now, seriously. :)

who really, really cares, -oh I know, its the "Media"rehha.

I don't even know why I bothered replying here ?
:doh:

mmm.

Stu Pidasso
11-01-2010, 12:12 AM
over what some "Text" ??!!, oh wait I'm sorry, AND an attached photo ?.... blurpt blurp barf. Would a suspension against Favre make you feel any better about Bens suspension ? -comon now, seriously. :)

who really, really cares, -oh I know, its the "Media"rehha.

I don't even know why I bothered replying here ?
:doh:

mmm.

It's called fairness and consistency. If the NFL expects the players to adhere 100% to the rulebook, then so should they. CONSISTENCY.

lionslicer
11-01-2010, 12:23 AM
It's called fairness and consistency. If the NFL expects the players to adhere 100% to the rulebook, then so should they. CONSISTENCY.

Not really consistency at all... Favre was never really accused of rape or anything, not even sexual harrasment... Maybe harrasment, but his texts and voicemails seem to show that the girl let him to believe she wanted him, then just ignored him after a while.
If Favre was accused of raping her, but proved he didn't, then i say suspend him to be consistant, but because this is just a whole different situation I say the NFL wouldn't be consistant with anything if they suspended him or not. They can suspend him if they want, but it wont justify the Ben suspention at all.

Stu Pidasso
11-01-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm not saying anything about the specifics of the alleged offenses. The consistency I'm talking about is the wide-sweeping "violating the personal conduct policy" they keep bringing up. Doesn't matter what Favrevrevrerrver did, HE VIOLATED the PCP. So far, no fine, no suspension.

SteelersinCA
11-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm not saying anything about the specifics of the alleged offenses. The consistency I'm talking about is the wide-sweeping "violating the personal conduct policy" they keep bringing up. Doesn't matter what Favrevrevrerrver did, HE VIOLATED the PCP. So far, no fine, no suspension.

You do realize that there are different punishments for different violatins of the PCP, right? Do you really want the consistency you say you do? If so, Ben should be suspended for a year, I mean Stallworth was suspended for a year for violating the PCP, right??????? There are more parallels with Stallworth and Ben than there are with Favre and Ben.

So about that consistency :coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
11-02-2010, 10:55 PM
You do realize that there are different punishments for different violatins of the PCP, right? Do you really want the consistency you say you do? If so, Ben should be suspended for a year, I mean Stallworth was suspended for a year for violating the PCP, right??????? There are more parallels with Stallworth and Ben than there are with Favre and Ben.

So about that consistency :coffee:
are you really trying to compare a person CONVICTED of manslaughter to a person who was never even arrested, let alone charged or convicted ? :doh:

ricardisimo
11-03-2010, 02:40 AM
are you really trying to compare a person CONVICTED of manslaughter to a person who was never even arrested, let alone charged or convicted ? :doh:
The NFL didn't find Stallworth guilty of manslaughter, the criminal courts did. It is well beyond the NFL's powers to convict and punish criminals. It is, however, within its purview to protect its brand and its product, which it does by fining or suspending people who have run into any of a broad array of troubles, with a broad array of fines and suspensions. (Maybe just suspensions, actually... I doubt very much that they can fine players for criminal behavior.)

All of which goes by way of saying that things either are a violation of the PCP, or they are not. It doesn't matter if you are a jaywalker or Saddam Hussein. So, yeah, SiCA's perfectly fine comparing Favre and Stallworth.

SteelersinCA
11-03-2010, 11:38 AM

I said there are more parallels and there are. Since when is it a crime to send a text of your penis? From all accounts they were texting back and forth. http://www.examiner.com/pop-culture-in-hartford/brett-favre-and-jenn-sterger-had-a-two-way-texting-relationship-says-friend So you have non criminal behavior vs criminal in the Favre/Ben comparsion.

As far as Stallworth/Ben the maximum sentence Stallworth could have got was 4 years. Conversely, had Ben been convicted of rape he could have been, "punished by death, by imprisonment for life, or by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than 20 years." O.C.G.A. 16-6-1

So you tell me what you think the better comparison is. I didn't say they were identical or even close, I simply said there are more parallels to Stallworth than Favre.

Fire Arians
11-03-2010, 05:53 PM
favre has a small dick, figure just having that picture go public is punishment enough lol

btaylor
11-03-2010, 06:10 PM
lmao

MasterOfPuppets
11-03-2010, 06:33 PM
I said there are more parallels and there are. Since when is it a crime to send a text of your penis? From all accounts they were texting back and forth. http://www.examiner.com/pop-culture-in-hartford/brett-favre-and-jenn-sterger-had-a-two-way-texting-relationship-says-friend So you have non criminal behavior vs criminal in the Favre/Ben comparsion.

As far as Stallworth/Ben the maximum sentence Stallworth could have got was 4 years. Conversely, had Ben been convicted of rape he could have been, "punished by death, by imprisonment for life, or by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than 20 years." O.C.G.A. 16-6-1

So you tell me what you think the better comparison is. I didn't say they were identical or even close, I simply said there are more parallels to Stallworth than Favre.
jenn sterger was an employee of the jets just as brett favre was. does sexual harassment not come into play here ?

SteelersinCA
11-03-2010, 08:31 PM
jenn sterger was an employee of the jets just as brett favre was. does sexual harassment not come into play here ?

It's not a crime, if that's what you mean.

zulater
11-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Fact is Favre is actually guilty of the exact same thing Ben was, being an ignorant self absorbed douche. Because as far as I'm concerned there's nothing close to unimpeachable evidence to suggest otherwise. Going farther, Goodell suspended Ben for bringing embarrasment to the shield, apparently a star attraction isn't supposed to put the NFL in a negative light. So where's the effing difference?

Wallace108
11-03-2010, 11:10 PM
All of you can kiss my old, tired ass.
-Bret Favre

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/9/oldmanwithwalker.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
11-03-2010, 11:36 PM
It's not a crime, if that's what you mean.
and after a full investigation , it could not be determined that ben committed a crime either. :noidea:

so here we are with 2 guys that committed the nfl crime of making the league look bad in goodells eyes.
i guess penisgate must be grandfathered . i thought goodell said after the mexican reporter deal, that that type of behaviour was unacceptable.....:noidea:

lionslicer
11-04-2010, 11:51 AM

Actually Favre is a 'contracter' he officially is not the same type of emmployee as Sterger, even if they had casual sex, it doesn't effect anything. Plus texting, emailing anything isn't harrasment, even if you keep sending naked pictures. Because you aren't forcing yourself on that person because they can just ignore you and block you, unlike in face to face contact you can overpower them and actually harass them. The phone calls though do fall under harassment, but the case is inconsistant due to Sterger saying Favre asked her for her number then changing the story saying she never talked to him and he got the number from another employee without her knoledge.

If she did talk to him and gave him her number and started to feed into his behavior, its her fault. Favre is an old desperate man trying to connect with someone, officially because of his fame psychologically speaking there isn't anything wrong with him other than the fact that he can't handle his fame and his innability to connect with a certain group. This is true you can look it up, it came from studies done be Durkheim.

So officially Favre did not do anything illegal as the evidence is pointing at the moment. Unless there's a tape of him forcing himself onto her or proof that he got the number from another employee or friend of hers, he hasn't done anything wrong by any NFL or team conduct policy.

Though the NFL is known for being inconsistant... But I don't get why people think the NFL wont fine or suspend him because he makes them money? If anything less people want to watch games with him in it. From a marketing standpoint, Favre will kill profits.

lionslicer
11-04-2010, 12:00 PM
and after a full investigation , it could not be determined that ben committed a crime either. :noidea:

so here we are with 2 guys that committed the nfl crime of making the league look bad in goodells eyes.
i guess penisgate must be grandfathered . i thought goodell said after the mexican reporter deal, that that type of behaviour was unacceptable.....:noidea:

In general what Ben did wasn't good. He still gave alcohol to underage girls, drinking a lot, being a jackass in public and just didn't care about anything. Just because he didn't rape someone doesn't mean he was acting like a complete idiot in public. NFL doesn't like that type of stuff which is why so many players actually are suspended for driving while drunk or drunk in public type arrests. Which generally can be a day in jail and a fine but still not tolerated by the NFL.
Ben seems to agree he needed to be suspended and have this little intervention with Goodell because he believed the path he was on wasn't going to end well..

With Favre, he's been doing this stuff for 20 years, not ever has he been in public groping some random young girls or done anything that brought bad attention on himself or the NFL. This situation wouldn't have turned into that if Sterger, like the rest of the girls Favre probably slept with just kept her mouth shut and didn't want money. I bet the 2 massage therapists gave him happy endings but also just want money, NFL knows this and wont suspend him because it is a private matter that some greedy hoe made public. Unless he's found guilty of a crime then he'll be suspended.

SteelersinCA
11-04-2010, 12:12 PM

Well that's the same thing Stallworth got suspended for too, right? My point is there are varying degrees of "embarrassing the shield" similar to there are varying degrees to "breaking the law."

I don't understand why we want someone punished as severely as Ben but we don't want Ben punished as severely as someone else. That's illogical unless you accept there are degrees of malfeasance.