PDA

View Full Version : Wake must clock Big Ben for Dolphins

mesaSteeler
10-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Wake must clock Big Ben for Dolphins
October, 21, 2010
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/20385/wake-must-clock-big-ben-for-dolphins

By Tim Graham
The Miami Dolphins are looking for their first victory in Sun Life Stadium, and they'll have a difficult task pulling it off Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

AccuScore forecasts the Dolphins remaining an anomaly with an undefeated road record while winless at home.

But there's wiggle room. Overall, the Dolphins win 47 percent of the time in AccuScore's 10,000 simulations. If Cameron Wake and his fellow pass-rushers can sack Ben Roethlisberger at least four times (doable), and Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown can average 4 yards a carry (also doable), then the Dolphins' chances of victory rise to 67 percent.

If the Steelers can pick off Chad Henne at least twice, they have a 73 percent chance to win.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown can average 4 yards a carry (also doable)

I am thinking that is not so "doable" as the author of the article thinks....

kirklandrules
10-22-2010, 11:19 AM
As my dad used to say "IF the dog didn't stop to take a sh!t, it would catch the rabbit.". Sounds like someone is trying to come up with a lot of "ifs" to give their team a fighting chance. They might as well just say "on any given Sunday ..." and I would understand that thought.

truesteelerfan
10-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Both Williams AND Brown top 4 YPC? You're kidding right? WE will shut down their run, and try to see if this QB can beat us....I feel good about the answer being NO.

ricardisimo
10-22-2010, 02:16 PM
If Tropical Storm Richard can turn the Sun Life stadium into the mush bowl it was in Heinz Field several years back, and the game comes down to just kickers, and we have to rely on Reed to save us... then I think they have a chance. It is indeed natural grass, you know.

lionslicer
10-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown can average 4 yards a carry (also doable)

I am thinking that is not so "doable" as the author of the article thinks....

Hillis averaged 4 yards in the game a couple times until he got stuffed 2 times near the end of the 3rd quarter and they stopped trying to run.

Teams can average 4+ yards and break 100 on the Steelers, the problem is that the Steelers are usually winning in the 3rd quarter, so teams are forced to pass for the rest of the 2nd half.

jjpro11
10-22-2010, 03:06 PM
if the Steelers score more points than the Dolphins, the Steelers have a 100% chance to win.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Hillis averaged 4 yards in the game a couple times until he got stuffed 2 times near the end of the 3rd quarter and they stopped trying to run.

Teams can average 4+ yards and break 100 on the Steelers, the problem is that the Steelers are usually winning in the 3rd quarter, so teams are forced to pass for the rest of the 2nd half.

That's true. Tampa was running the ball well on us for a few series, over 4 YPC I think, but the game situation made running the ball not an option for them.

lionslicer
10-23-2010, 01:09 AM
That's true. Tampa was running the ball well on us for a few series, over 4 YPC I think, but the game situation made running the ball not an option for them.

Thats where the Steelers win games. They force teams to play from behind, this is actually where many teams lose games. When you are losing you should stay to the basics and run the ball, not throw it deep every play. A great defensive will kill and offense that does this. Thats why the Cowboys have lost so much, they have 3 good running backs but throw it 70% of the time.

NYC_Steeler
10-23-2010, 06:55 AM
If the stadium does indeed become a mush bowl because of bad weather, I have no confidence in Jeff Reed. But as of now, there's only a 20% chance of thunderstorms - let's hope the weather stays good.