PDA

View Full Version : Sanders expects to dress in Miami

mesaSteeler
10-23-2010, 12:11 AM
| More
View From The Press Box
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/10/22/sanders-expects-to-dress-in-miami/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

October 22nd, 2010

And now for some Steelers news/tidbits that doesn’t involve James Harrison:

-- Emmanuel Sanders said he expects to again serve as the Steelers’ No. 4 wide receiver and kickoff returner Sunday against the Dolphins.

Sanders and fellow rookie Antonio Brown have been battling for that role on a weekly basis but Sanders appears to have wrested it from him.

“You’ve got to work for it,” Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said. “He’s earned it.”

-Sanders had two catches for 37 yards in the Steelers’ 28-10 win last Sunday. Both of his receptions resulted in first downs.

-- Defensive linebacker Dick LeBeau said he is not worried about 2009-first round pick Ziggy Hood.

After playing to rave reviews during training camp and the preseason, Hood has not been much of a factor at defensive end through the first five games of the season.

Hood, who will see extensive action Sunday with Brett Keisel (hamstring) out, has been playing through an ankle injury.

“I think he’s going to be a major contributor for us this year,” LeBeau said, “and I think he’s right on schedule to becoming a real good NFL defensive lineman.”

-- Coach Mike Tomlin talked earlier this week about the interest the Steelers showed in Cameron Wake when the Dolphins outside linebacker was rampaging through the CFL.

But for those imagining how good the defense would be with the player who is tied for the AFC lead in sacks (six) to spell Harrison and LaMarr Woodley, the Steelers were never in the running for Wake.

They didn’t come close to offering the kind of guaranteed money Wake received from the Dolphins (a $1 million signing bonus).

DanRooney
10-23-2010, 01:18 AM
He needs to be the #3 receiver. El needs to be worked out of the lineup. He's a #4 at best.

Why is Battle even on our roster? He's been a total nonfactor. Brown deserves to dress.

Fire Arians
10-23-2010, 02:22 AM
cut battle start brown :P

MikeHaullace
10-23-2010, 03:29 AM
I would be completely comfortable seeing Wallace, Ward, Sanders, and Brown starting week to week.

In Ben we trust.

ricardisimo
10-23-2010, 03:57 AM
I'm at a loss to understand all of the bizarre yoga and gymnastics with the roster this year, when they could have just cut Battle. I have nothing against the guy, but they clearly overreacted to the Holmes trade, and now they refuse to admit it.

Fire Arians
10-23-2010, 04:01 AM
battle = shaun mcdonald

waste of roster space, put a player in there!