PDA

View Full Version : Townsend, Bailey and Dwight

83-Steelers-43
03-17-2006, 07:37 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06076/671872.stm

It seems as if they are going to make a legitimate push to sign Townsend.....

"They also are trying to keep starting cornerback Deshea Townsend, who spent yesterday visiting the New England Patriots. He is the only Steelers starter left who is an unrestricted free agent.".

"We're getting down to nut-crunching time,'' said Towsend's agent, Peter Schaffer. "There are a lot of great opportunities out there. He will make the best decision for him and his family.''.

Suitanim
03-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Ouch! Who's nuts are getting crunched?

The ball is in Deshea's court, and I hope he makes the right decision. The facts remain, just about any other team he goes to isn't going to have as good a chance of reaching SB XLI as the Steelers, so him leaving will be all about the money.

maurice jr
03-17-2006, 09:20 AM
i would prefer he stay and not help strengthen new englands weak secondary though

BB2W
03-17-2006, 11:03 AM
I wonder what kinda money they are offering him... I don't want to see them overpay, and I like the thought of Taylor and McFadden starting next season.

Suitanim
03-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Deshea would be nice to keep for reasonable money because we still need nickel and dime backs, and he knows the position inside and out...also, can't count out the possibility of injury, either.

Honestly, if it's just the Pats giving him a look, I'm pretty sure whatever they offer him will be something the Steelers can match.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-17-2006, 12:53 PM
I like Rodney Bailey..its good to have him back for some much needed depth now that Kimo is gone and Keisel will start.

SteelerFanInCA
03-17-2006, 03:40 PM
This guy Dwight used to be pretty fast. Does he have anything left in his tank? Might be a good pickup if we can get him cheap.

Midnightwriter1
03-21-2006, 05:37 AM
He still has speed and had some very good returns for N.E last year. He is anothersmall fast receiver/ return guy.. i think pretty much down to a return guy now.. I dont see the need in signing him unless they are not going to bring Morgan back.