PDA

View Full Version : Sanders looks to build off Browns game

mesaSteeler
10-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Sanders looks to build off Browns game
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_705891.html
By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, October 24, 2010

After making his first NFL catches last week, rookie wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders is looking to build on that performance today against the Dolphins.

Sanders is again expected to serve as the Steelers' No. 4 wide receiver and kickoff returner in the 1 p.m. game.

He and Antonio Brown have been battling for that role on a weekly basis.

Brown had it for three consecutive weeks before Sanders wrested it from him prior to the Steelers' game against the Browns

"You've got to work for it," Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said. "He's earned it."

Sanders had two catches for 37 yards in the Steelers' 28-10 win last Sunday. Both of his receptions resulted in first downs.

"This week I'm not as nervous because I caught my first pass and I'm starting to grow into this offense and understand it," Sanders said.

Back in black

The Dolphins, as the Buccaneers did last month, have opted to wear their white jerseys today at Sun Life Stadium.

That means the Steelers will be in black on a day when temperatures are forecast to be in the mid 80s.

Unlike in Tampa Bay, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has opted against dressing six defensive linemen against the Dolphins.

The Steelers only have five healthy linemen with starting defensive end Brett Keisel out because of a hamstring injury.

They could have signed defensive tackle Steve McLendon from the practice squad he has played two games this season but Tomlin said last week that conditioning isn't as much of a factor now as it is in September.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.